“Great Place to Stay in Columbus!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Great Place to Stay in Columbus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My girlfriend and I (and our chihuahua) had a lovely stay at this hotel. The room was nicely appointed with lovely modern furniture and super comfy bed. The hotel is is within easy walking distance of the Short North District, which has an abundance of great bars, restaurants and places to browse/shop. And above all, the staff here is extremely friendly and helpful, particularly J.J., who met all of our needs, including checking on us shortly after our arrival and bringing extra towels quickly when requested. J.J. is the man! Our only regret is that we were only in town for one night, but I will definitely stay here again if we return and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am excited to hear that you had a great stay during your trip to Columbus, Ohio. JJ will be delighted to hear that you appreciated his extremely helpful and friendly service. It looks like our location which is an easy walking distance to the Arena District and Short North was perfect for your trip. I hope you had the opportunity to grab a bite of our complimentary continental breakfast. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip to Columbus, Ohio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

At check out on our last day, we were figuring out how to split parking between 3 friends, and Michael gave us free parking! He made our day as we stayed there for an entire week for a convention & parking would have been $40 extra. What a pleasant surprise!

1 Thank Hanbaldwin
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Columbus Downtown Red Roof Inn Plus. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Columbus and check out our new Premium rooms. These rooms come equipped with our standard amenities along with a larger flat screen television, upgraded linens, additional pillows, Seattle's Best Coffee and an in-room breakfast snack box. We look forward to your return.
Swanton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof Plus in Downtown Columbus for a family wedding and the staff and team there were friendly, professional and accommodated our needs that made our stay so enjoyable and at ease. Thank you Red Roof and Erica and Haylie and the rest of the team from 7/16/14 - 7/19/14 for making our stay great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tara D
We are happy to hear that you had a "Great Experience" at our Columbus Downtown Red Roof Inn Plus. We enjoyed having your wedding group stay with us. I hope they enjoyed our spacious rooms that come equipped with refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board and in-room coffee makers. We appreciate our return guest and hope that you stay with us the next time you are in Columbus, Ohio.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the worst hotel we have ever been!! We couldn't sleep at all! At 1am there were people partying in the room by ours. They were shouting totally drunk. We called the reception and it took like 15 min to hear the security man talking with these guests. As soon as the security guy left they started again. We have to call again. We had our 7 months baby in the room and the situation was awful. After more than an hour they changed them to other room but at 5 am one of them got back to the room to watch TV extremely loud. We called reception again and they told us we were complaining too much: we couldn't believe it!!!!
Don't go to this hotel: they treat normal people horrible and you won't be able to sleep.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ken S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our Columbus Downtown Red Roof Inn Plus. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and did not live up to our own high standards. We want you to know that we value your comments and take the steps necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future. In the hotel business our reputation and success is built one guest at a time and your continued patronage is very important to us. We know that you have many hotel accommodation choices and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Sparta, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I traveled to Columbus to attend National Conference with Thirty-One Gifts and stayed at the Red Roof Plus. The location is very convenient being just down the block from the convention center. My room was huge and the air conditioner actually served as an awesome "white noise" machine. I hate going to hotels where you can hear other guests in the hallway and things and I heard nothing at all in this location except perhaps a door or two close. Housekeeping was very quick and friendly. The location really can't be beat with easy access to so many things!

The continental breakfast could do with more choices but was enough to get my day started. Parking is located across a busy street but it wasn't as tough to get over there as I thought it might be. All of the staff were very friendly too. Coming and going in the elevator at least twice, I had a staff member ask me how my stay was, which is amazing customer service.

When I checked out, the hotel staff person on duty, Michael A., was very courteous. I had trouble sleeping my last night there and woke up very early. I shared this with Michael and said it was the first time in 14 years I had been away from my husband and kids. He very kindly waived one day parking for me when I told him that. He certainly didn't have to but he did. Customer service like that, unfortunately, is lacking in most places.

I'm very glad with my decision to stay at the Red Roof Plus and will definitely stay there again at next year's conference!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted to hear that your stay was "Perfect & Convenient". Michael will be excited to hear that you appreciated his guest service. It is exciting news that the convention will be returning again next year. I am please to hear that our location across the street from the Greater Columbus Convention Center was perfect for your stay. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the excellent cuisine that is located within walking distance to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and I am so impressed! Great prices, extremely clean housekeeping and awesome service by some amazing employees! John and Michael are some of the hardest working people I've ever met. They did everything to make sure our stay was great. Their service was above and beyond what I expect of a hotel!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent, "Amazing Stay." Your feedback is very much appreciated and I know John and Michael will be happy to hear your compliments on their service. I am so happy to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and that we provided you with excellent service. Next time you visit us be sure to try one of our upgraded Premium Rooms. Our Premium Rooms include all of our standard amenities such as refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board and in-room coffee maker along with upgraded Seattle's Best Coffee, upgraded linens, additional pillows, larger flat screen television and breakfast snack box. Thanks again for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn Plus Columbus Downtown and we look forward to servicing you in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Your staff was professional and helpful. They made our stay even more enjoyable. The team of Shay and J.J. were delightful. Our conference invaded your city and we were treated like royalty. Even though every room was booked in the hotel the housekeeping, breakfast, and front desk staff all kept everything running smoothly. Our conference will be back here again next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear about your "Great Stay" at our Red Roof Inn Plus Columbus Downtown location. I am sure that JJ and Shay will be happy to hear that you appreciated their "Delightful" service .I am delighted to hear that our location across from the Greater Columbus Convention Center made your stay enjoyable for your conference. It is exciting that everything ran smoothly during the conference and that you will be returning next year.