“An Exellent Experience”

Quality Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #100 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed here for the first time - the accommodations were excellent. The staff is very friendly - espeically our experience with Kristina. She greeted us when we arrived, checked us in promptly and accurately and was friendly to us whenever we interacted with her throughout our four days in the hotel. We will definitley stay here the next time we are in the Columbus, OH area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2013

1990s called and wants it's hideous floral carpet back! It had me really worried when I walked in and had pre-paid, but then, we cleared the cabbage roses and were greeted with a well appointed, spacious, clean room with very comfortable king bed. ALL was forgiven. Normally we skip the stale [included in the price] breakfasts, but this was fresh and had a nice selection. The evening and morning staff were friendly. The location was conveniently off the highway, but was industrial so we had lots of trucks/road noise very early in the morning. It was great for the night's stopover and would stay here again [for comfy bed] if on business, but I would not choose this if it were a special occasion and might be out late or want to sleep in.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, stay away from the Waffle House where the big trucks park.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I came to Quality Inn on April 24th after a long day on the road as a semi truck driver. The whole day all I kept thinking was I cant wait to get to my room and take a shower and have a cold drink and relax in my room. I get to the hotel, set down my things and run straight to the ice machine. Well long story short the ice machine was broke. So off to the front desk I go and talk to a sweet girl named Amanda. She came with me to the ice machine and after scratching our heads she told me she would help me get some ice from a partner hotel down the road. I thought to myself that is nice but I was ordering a pizza anyway so I'll have the pizza man pick up some ice on the way. She insisted to help me and offered to pay the pizza man for the ice but I refused and I offered her a compromise instead. I told her if I could get a late checkout we would be even on the ice. So.. 20 min later the pizza man showed up with my food but had no ice? He told me that Amanda had paid for the ice and we were good to go even after she broke our deal about her not paying for the ice. I still got my late check out, had my cold drink with my awesome shower and slept like a baby. I rate this hotel 5 stars. For there commitment to taking care of a worn down worker needing a night of relief from the road. So Quality Inn take care of this girl because she sure is taking care of her customers..Thx Amanda....Ryan Baker.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I make it a point to stay at hotels under the Choice Hotels brand as I find they provide excellent value. We were traveling to the Buffalo area for Easter and encountered a traffic jam of epic proportions which led us to spend the night.

I found the room layout to be especially pleasing with a king size bed and comfortable sofa separated by a counter with refrigerator, microwave, coffee service and storage. There was a good sized closet and a work area near the window.

The restroom was clean and neat and a good sized flat screen TV was mounted to the wall that divided the windows at the foot of the bed. Speaking of the bed, it was very comfortable and clean as well.

Our stay was pleasant and I would definitely come here again should the need arise. Front desk staff were very nice, as was the attendant in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is the 2nd time I stayed here and will again my room was clean and the staff was super friendly. Area was great and very quite stayed here for my anniversary. The lady at the front desk Kristina was so nice and very helpful. and the breakfast in the morning was also great. I was so impressed with everything there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have stayed in 14 Choice hotels across the US the past 9 months. This is the best, so far. I booked on Choiceprivileges.com as I am a member (love this membership!) last minute so I could get to Columbus from Cleveland for business the next morning in front of a snow storm. I arrived early and I was given my room, promptly. Kelsey at the front desk was very friendly and professional. I mentioned to her that I knew this hotel had won an award, and she proudly pointed out the 2 reward plaques on the wall and how proud she and her colleagues were of receiving them. The manager came out as well to make sure my early arrival would be accommodated, properly.

The room was very nice and very clean. Older style TV but that is fine with me as I use my netflix and hulu on my laptop, a lot. The bedding was very nice and very comfortable!!! This bed was as nice as the Westin in Los Angeles and the Santa Monica Hotel! No kidding. The micro and fridge were set up in a mini kitchenette type area with a mini kitchen sink. I did not need a suite for one night, but so nice to clean up after a microwave dinner somewhere other than the bathroom sink! The lobby is very nice and homey. The internet connection is very good which is crucial to my work and virtual office functions. The cleaning people are very very polite and even the young lady who could not speak good English took care of me with a smile when I could not find the ice machine.

Hot breakfast: Waffles, Biscuits, Eggs, Sausage, Sausage gravy (very tasty!) pastries, fruit, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, milk, toast, bagels and all tables have a good view of the TV for morning news.

The staff is obviously made up of hospitality professionals that take pride in their work. Easy ride into Columbus and right off of 270 in a quiet spot.

My business needs will require more and more trips to Columbus and this is my hotel. Period.

Room Tip: The ice machines and laundry seem only to be located on floors 1 and 3. I was on the 2nd floor, but...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had the best stay here. Room was clean and up to date, breakfast was very nice and the Customer Service was A1! Asked what we were in town for and provided maps to get to our destination. Was so impressed, we already scheduled our next trip here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn North
Comfort Inn North
#74 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!