All reviews waffle house would stay again super8 dryer ohio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was ok for the price. Just wanted a hotel while traveling through Columbus. The room as clean, but the person at the desk both at check in & check out were not very personable. Upon checking out, the clerk made me wait until she was done doing something on the computer. Didn't necessarily care to sit there for 10 minutes when we wanted to hit the road. Maybe those kind of reports should be run during the middle of the night when people are not trying to check out. Just a thought.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SuperEightColumbus, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings JoAnn,

I am writing to tell you how much we appreciate your business and for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your experience. We are always looking to elevate and improve our level of service and the accommodations we provide. I also wanted to apologize for the delays you experienced during check out. I will be speaking with our staff on the importance of efficiency and we will most definitely administer training as needed. Hope you will keep us in mind next time you are in the area. Until then, wishing you the best in your travels and endeavors.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stains on sheets, chain lock broken, cereal stale, floors left wet with sign, staff very unfriendly, forced to stay in a 2nd floor room because as a disabled vet I didn't appear incapacitated, threatened with towing of my motorcycle if their stupid paper tag came up missing my bike, HVAC did not work at all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2018

After driving all day this hotel did not give us any rest and was a serious disappointment to the begging of our trip. A non smoking room remakes of smoke and was full of bugs, literally crawling out of the air conditioning and in the bathroom. People in the parking lot were working on cars and using drugs. Drunk men were arguing in the parking lot when we came in and there was a mama in the office with a gun in his back pocket.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SuperEightColumbus, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Greetings Traveler,

I am reaching out to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations on your most recent visit to our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are looking into the items you pointed out. I am in need of some clarification regarding the circumstances you described as there seems to be some confusion. Please contact us so that we might discuss these items you described to gain more insight as to exactly what you experienced. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Only paid $50 per night and the room was very clean and I felt comfortable in this space. The wifi worked great, just remember to reconnect when you get back to the hotel each time. Lots of parking and easy check in and out. Right off the highway and only 15 min from the conference center. The breakfast is not that satisfying, lots of carbs.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SuperEightColumbus, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Greetings Valued Guest,

On behalf of our staff and myself, we wanted to reach out to thank you for your business and the great review you left about your time with us. It is always fantastic to hear the wonderful things our guests have to say about their experience. I share all reviews at our weekly staff meetings to keep morale high and encourage our team to always look for new ways to improve guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again next time you visit Columbus. Thank you and wishing you the best in your travels.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We booked on priceline due to a tight budget for a quick famiiy getaway. Upon arriving in the parking lot (samwiched between an abandoned shopping plazas dumpsters and a waffle house) we saw a drug deal take place. We park, while deciding what we are going to do since we have 3 kids and have been on the road for 4 hours. Only to see what appears to be a prostitute come out and take a gentleman inside. Then said drug deal participants use the drugs. This all in less than 10 minutes! We of course never checked in and booked a new hotel. Priceline tried to contact to get hs a refund but the phone just rings and rings with no answer(930pm). I can see not refunding us that night...but the other 2 def should be. This hotel should be shut down.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Greetings Trish K,

We received the feedback you left about your recent trip to our hotel and I felt it necessary to reach out and formally apologize. I am quite confused and befuddled with the circumstances you reported as we have a security team here at the hotel and have not had any trouble for quite some time. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. I have shared your story with our team so that they can keep an eye out for any malfeasance that has perhaps gone unnoticed. We would love another opportunity to show you a better experience as our front desk and housekeepers do a wonderful job. Please keep us in mind next time you are in the area.