“Great Choice”

Ranked #61 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel is conveniently located on the west side of Columbus. We found the rooms clean and very large. The first room they gave us had not been completely made up so we went back to get another room. They were very apologetic and continued to check with us to see if everything was all right. There were many restaurants close by and that is a plus after a long drive.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank showmemo61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indiana
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here one night while visiting family friends in Columbus. It is on the western side of town. Our room was clean, it passed the bug inspection. We inspected the mattresses, behind the headboards, etc. for bedbugs upon arrival. Everything was clean, no sign of any insects. The sink is out in the room itself, the tub/shower and toilet are in a separate room. (Like at Disneyworld.) Our children used the pool, they loved it. Also clean. The breakfast area was clean and continuously re-stocked. The only problem was that it had limited seating available. We ate at the Perkins for dinner. You can easily walk there. I have bad knees and ankles and I had no problem. Also, McDonald's is nearby, I think you can walk there also, and Wendy's as well. There was plenty of toilet paper in the room, I hate when you check in and there is one small roll in the room (with 2 kids, that will not last for a day.) However, like in so many places, they only put out three bath towels in the room. I don't know why. Ask for extras if you need them at the front desk. Overall, there was no problem, the staff seemed very nice. We will definitely return when we visit Columbus again.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Iowa
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Hotel was easy to find off interstate. Our room was clean and comfy. The Pool and hot tub were relaxing. This hotel is near food and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iastatecyclonefan
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed five nights at this hotel with my two grandsons. It was clean and quiet. Convenient to everything. The hotel does need some remodeling though. Even though it was a non-smoking hotel; my room still smelled like smoke.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 April 2010

If I could, I would give this hotel a MINUS 5 stars! We got there after 4 pm to find the pool out of order. I was going to ask to see when it would be working again. However, after we used the lobby restrooms and the towel dispenser was empty in the ladies' room, that was the deal-breaker for me!
I called to cancel the reservation, and the clerk said, "We DON'T do that here!" After my stunned silence, she laughed and said she was "just messin' with (me)."
To make matters worse, I have not heard a response from the hotel chain regarding my complaint; obviously nobody gives a crap!

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank targetlady85
Concord
Reviewed 4 February 2010

This Hotel is amazing! We were in town for a funeral and when I mentioned that to the front desk clerk we immediately received a discount. They also genuinely seemed concerned for our comfort. They have an onsite laundry facility witch helped traveling with kids and I have no complaints about their breakfast either, it was fantastic for the price that we had paid. I will definitely return to this hotel when traveling to Columbus!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cearnest1
Cincinnati
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We had the best trip with our kids! I would recommend this hotel for anyone. Kids, adults, anyone! The staff went above and beyond for our family (especially the tall bald man- loved him!!!). The breakfast was excellent (we travel a lot and were impressed). The hotel is clean, comfortable and accomodating! The pool is small, but perfect for our 2- 6 year olds and 9 year old. They could reach the bottom almost anywhere except for the center. The pool was warm and the hot tub was actually hot! That also is saying something for a hotel! I actually relaxed here and that is really saying something with kids! The location was great. We planned a COSI trip, and btw spent 6.5 hours there. I never thought my kids attention would surpass 2 hours, but we dragged them out of there at closing! We stayed maybe 9 miles from COSI, we were well under a mile to a Meijer, Walmart and lots of shopping and restaurants. It is set back from a very highly traveled street so you don't here the traffic, but was so easy to get snacks etc for our mini vacation. We WILL stay here again! Oh and I never give 5 stars!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family