“Very Nice!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Ranked #77 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My partner and I stayed there this past weekend (Nov 15-17) and had a very pleasant experience. This was my first time staying at a Fairfield Inn. The hotel was very clean, the front desk staff was was very friendly and attentive. The housekeeping staff did a great job in cleaning up our room. Great job, overall......great value for the money. We will be back!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ivorykeyes66
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Ivorykeyes,

Thank you for your kind review regarding my hotel! I am so happy to see that you had an excellent stay with us! We hope that you will use us again the next time you are in town or just want to getaway!

Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The staff was very friendly and the room was clean except for the ants which there were at least a half dozen I killed both nights if our stay.
The room was very small. When I called directly to make the reservation I had forgotten to request a crib so I called back later to make that request and was told that wasn't a problem they would have one ready. When I checked in the girl at the desk didn't know anything about it but went and got me a pack n play, which would've been fine BUT THE ROOM WAS TOO SMALL!!!!! My son had to sleep in his bouncer chair. There was not a mini fridge for me to put my sons bottles in so I had to use a cooler with ice. The beds were very comfortable but the size of room and everything else made the stay far too uncomfortable.
I have never stayed with any Marriott property before and if I had to compare it to Hilton's Hampton Inn I would say that the Hampton Inn is a much better value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank BUERGER1104
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Mr. Buerger,
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We truly value all feedback as it helps us to better serve our guests.
I remember your reservation specifically because I was the person you spoke with when you called back regarding the crib. I had it put in a room for you ahead of arrival but I believe for some reason you ended up in a different room so I do apologize for that. There is not much we can do about the size of the rooms but we could have taken care of the other issues.
I hope you will give us another chance! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was the worst experience we've ever had with the Marriott chain. The carpet in the elevator was so nasty. The room was not at all clean. When you walked on the bathroom tile floor your shoes would actually stick to the floor. The shower water was luke warm when it started but soon turned cold. When we tried to talk to the staff they were just rude. We were scheduled to spend four nights there but checked out and found another hotel. We are Marriott rewards gold members and this was a very bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert H
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Ms. Huddle,
We appreciate your candid feedback about our hotel. I am sorry that you felt the need to cut your trip short with us and go elsewhere. We certainly do not want that and do our very best to make sure our guests are satisfied. I was unaware of any issues you had with your stay, other than the elevator which I did speak to you about and explain that we are in the process of getting the carpet removed. Had you made me aware of these other issues I would have been happy to make it right for you in whatever way I could. Never the less we do appreciate all feedback from our guests positive or negative and we will move foward to ensure that we correct issues that may arise.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a newer Fairfield Inn but is already showing signs of wear. The hallway carpets need cleaned and the hallway on floor 2 had a mild smell. The room was comfortable and quiet.
The major issues were that I had a room with 2 double beds and one of the beds was not finished being made. The pillows were laying on the bed, but needed pillow cases. I think the maid forgot to go back. There was also some mold on the caulking in the shower. I stay in a lot of Fairfield Inns and other Marriot properties and expected better for a hotel that is only 1 year old.

The staff was nice and the breakfast was good. This hotel is convenient to I-70 just west of Columbus. There are plenty of restaurants and some shopping nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Asa203,

Thanks for the review! We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to continue to grow and serve our guests! I am happy that even with some issues you still like the facility. We are currently working on the hallway floors to get them cleaned. I apologize for the bed that was not finished, I suspect you are right and the housekeeper forgot to return. I have passed that information on to the team to remind them. We hope you will give us another try the next time you come to Columbus so you can see we take your comments to heart and correct them! Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you need assistance!
Thanks!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

WE just stayed at the Fairfield Marriott CDolumbus West this past Saturday and were well pleased. This was the first time for us at a Fairfield and were unsure about them. We had always stayed at Hamptons. We found the hotel to be a good location and close to shopping and RT 70. There were plenty of places to eat around this area. We booked a handicap room/ with a king bed because my wife is disabled. The room itself seemed small but the bath room was extra large. The room was and bath were very clean. The morning continental breakfast fine. We would consider staying there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BWeb1
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Bweb1,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad that as a first time Fairfield guest you had a satisfactory stay with us and found the room in clean and comfortable condition. We do our very best to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. Having shopping and eating close by is a definite plus. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My one-night stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites went as expected--I had a quiet night in a well-decorated room with a very comfortable bed. The property is located conveniently off of I-70 and near several restaurants and both a Meijer and Wal-Mart.

Check-in went smoothly and my room was on the third floor. I found the room very clean, comfortable and quiet, and had an enjoyable stay. There were a couple of bumps related to external influences (brief power outage), but those were handled with ease by the staff. I will definitely consider staying there again if I need to stay in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christaann
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Christaann,

Thank you for reviewing us! We are happy to hear you had a satisfactory stay and that you room was clean and quiet! It is unfortunate that we had the small power outage which in turn created other problems but I am glad to know the team handled it well. Thank you again and please come back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Never stayed at a Fairfield before and decided to try this one. Price and location were good.
Rooms are a bit small but adequate. Breakfast was above average. In this hotel class I'd say Fairfield is slightly above average.
Hotel is newer and appealing. Near shopping and restaurants, convenient to freeway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Alvis,

I wanted to respond and say thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to see that you had a satisfactory stay with us and it was your first time using a Fairfield. My team and I do our best to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied when they leave and I will definitely pass on your review to them. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in town and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you!