“Very rude staff!”

Ranked #74 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Casstown, OH
“Very rude staff!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very upset that we booked a room here specifically for the hot tub and when we check in we are told that it is closed. I could have dealt with that had they let me cancel my reservation in their entirely empty hotel but not the case. Autumn at the front desk kept saying their website specifies that the hot tub is closed and there is nothing she can do about canceling. The website says nothing about it being closed... Autumn refused to let me speak to a manager and was extremely rude. I travel a great deal for my job and make a point to always stay at Hilton properties and now I know why! No more Marriott's for me! As for the room... Extremely small and paper thin walls. Stay elsewhere and save yourself the terrible treatment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was in Columbus for a rowing regatta at Griggs Reservoir. I choose to stay here because of location, pool and room sizes. We had a suite with 2 double beds and a pull out couch in our room. Everything was super clean. The pool was a big attraction for the 4 kids in tow. It is close to many other places to eat such as Culver's and Cracker Barrel. The breakfast buffet was good and very well managed. We had a microwave and mini fridge in the room which is great when traveling with kids. Lots of families and events going on but the place ran like a well oiled machine. Very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 63Marie
Patrick C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for recent review of your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments about the staff and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you seeing you again soon.
glen allen
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable rooms. Extremely clean and updated rooms and common areas. The only problem I have is that the tv's in the rooms default to CNN. I don't particularly care for that network since they report news with a huge dose of one sidedness and omit certain relevant stories altogether. Why don't you default to the #1 cable news channel?

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jimdep
Patrick C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure a clean hotel and great service.

We hope to see you again soon in the future.

Thank you.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed with 2 teenagers (13 olds). Staff was very friendly and helpful. John Henry at the front desk recommended a good pizza delivery and made sure my girls were able to enjoy extra pool time and get what they needed - extra towels, shampoo, drinks, etc. All with a friendly smile.
Easy to get on and off interstate. Quiet breakfast and relaxing common room by lobby.

Room Tip: Indoor pool had good water temperature. Most hotel pools are too cold.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BineQuilts
Patrick C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for commenting about the service here at our hotel. We strive very hard to ensure every guest feels like staying here is like staying at home. John is a great addition to our team and I thank you very much about commenting on his service with you and your family.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Patrick
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 March 2014

OK, I admit that this rating might be painting the entire hotel and staff with the brush of a bad check in experience.

I have probably stayed here a half dozen times in past 2 years. Never a problem. As a platinum premiere member I am usually upgraded to a suite. I can guarantee nobody in the house on this night has a higher number of nights. Anyway, I wasn't asking to be upgraded, I just wanted a King room. The desk clerk was ready to provide when the "boss man" appeared and said it would be $10 more for a king. When asked about upgrades, he said that "IF" I were to upgrade it would be to a double suite. Can't go to just a regular king without the $10 up charge. He did, with a disgusted tone, tell her to give it to me at the twin rate as he turned his back and marched back to back room.

After a couple hundred nights a year in hotels mostly Marriott's I've seen it all. It only takes a little extra to be special.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Donald F
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We met friends who were staying in the west side of Columbus plus we planned a trip to Hollywood Casino. Located right off of I-70 the hotel is by numerous restaurants and retail stores. This place was a perfect location for our needs, as we never had to get back on the highway to visit friends, grab some meals, do some shopping and check out the casino (only 5 minutes away through 2 easy intersections)

Nicely decorated, neat and clean interior, nice king suite with a half wall and 2 TVs, very comfortable Marriott bed, nice little free breakfast and a copy of USA Today made our stay very nice. We did have problems with a bunch of noisy high school wrestlers in the next room, but the staff did their best to help us and treated us fairly. Thanks to them!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lilirishstar
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

In my book, no hot water for a shower in the morning is one of a hotel's unforgivable sins. The desk agent at this property said it is not uncommon to run the water for 20 minutes in order for the hot water to make it from the first floor to the third floor. (Yeah, riiiiiight.) No refund nor discount was offered and when asked for, I was refused.

I'll sleep in my car before I stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank CrenJohnshaw
Staci H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
CrenJohnShaw,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay. I am sorry that there seemed to be an issue with the hot water while you were with us. If you would like to call me I would be happy to discuss this with you. We always try to make sure our guests are satisfied before they leave us.

Please feel free to call. Again thank you for the feedback it helps us to better serve our guests.