“My New Choice for Columbus” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Ranked #9 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My New Choice for Columbus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have been traveling to Columbus for several months, and have stayed at many hotels. This is my new favorite, and I won't be staying anywhere else. On my next trip, I'll actually bring my wife because it is so nice. The front desk staff were extremely nice when I arrived, the hotel seems brand new, and the room is incredible. Big, very clean, with all of the amenities that a business traveler would want - desk, Ethernet cable, 2 HUGE flat panel TVs, microwave, refrigerator. I almost don't want to go home. The fitness center is outstanding for a hotel - 3 professional treadmills and 3 stairmasters, each with it's own TV! Free weights, machines, a hot tub and pool. The first floor is wide open, very spacious and welcoming, and the bar has a good selection.

Considering the other choices around Columbus, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in 205 - as far from the elevators as you can get. It was very quiet and I would request t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean7326

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
twinsburg, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

This embassy suites is newer and super nice- but has no Columbus flavor- it could be sitting in any town. If you are visiting the area for site seeing and want to get a feel for the area, do not stay here. There are plenty of good choices in way more interesting spots. However, for the night before the airport, or a place to sleep- really great, very comfortable beds. The hotel does not allow any outside food to be eaten anywhere in there lobby or pool, makes it hard when you have a large group. Our group of 5 families had to cram into one room after we ordered pizza and they would not allow us to have it in the lobby. We will not choose this one again for our base for Columbus crew games- Again, if this does not concern you it is nice and the people were pleasant, plan on long lines for free happy hour.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pauliepalmz
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is very appropriate for a family. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. I was there with my family of 4 and it was very comfortable. The Embassy Suites included breakfast was wonderful with made-to-order omelets and plenty of drinks, fruit and other breakfast goodies. They also have a good sized pool, spa and workout room. Unfortunately, there were two negatives that made me rate it a 4 star and not a 5 star. First, the breakfast on the weekend starts late - 7:30am. That might not seem late for most, but for we older folks, 6am is our wake-up time. We also had an 8:30am flight on Sunday so we couldn't enjoy the breakfast on Sunday. With that said, they did make a "breakfast box" for each of us to take to the airport so that was thoughtful. The other issue for us was that we could hear noise from the room above us, but not through the walls. It was odd but it appears the floors are not concrete and you can hear people walking, running and jumping above you. Not something I've had to deal with in other hotels. Unlucky for us, there was a family above us who were walking/running/jumping until after midnight both nights we were there. We did call down to the front desk twice the first night, but it didn't rectify the issue. So you know, the front desk personnel were very professional and very friendly.

Room Tip: As always, be friendly to the front desk folks and they will be nice to you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I don't have a lot to write about this hotel and that's a good thing. I really enjoyed my stay and I hope to stay there again next year for my business trip. The room is beautiful, comfortable and spacious (see pictures.) The restaurant food was delicious (try the salmon.) As with other Embassy Suites, the manager's reception is a highlight. The location is great (close the airport and Easton Town Center.)

My stay was short but pleasant. My only complaint: There were 4 pillows on the bed and all were soft down types. Please provide firmer pillows. I had to stack three of them to get comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Guyfromfaraway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I just want to say what a wonderful hotel this is. We just returned from a trip for a dance competition in Columbus and were given a block of rooms for our group to reserve. We worked with Abby, who was wonderful to work with and made our entire experience a great one. We were quoted a special group rate and it was exactly as she said. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely helpful. Abby even arranged a buffet for our group and the food was awesome and the price was reasonable also. I would definitely recommend this hotel for your next stay. Our group has stayed at this hotel during our competition for 2 years now and hope to keep coming back!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
cleveland, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay during the weekend of the Arnold Classic. I was there with a group for a dance competition. I saw another review here from our same group stating they were given an incorrect quote, however, the price that we were quoted for our group was exactly what they charged so there must be some sort of misunderstanding there.

As for the hotel. The rooms are top notch with a great chaise on top of the sofa. The rooms all have nice flat screens and a very large stand up shower. This is by far the NICEST Embassy I have stayed at. The people who work there go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. We took the shuttle twice to and from Easton and the driver is the same gentleman it was last year. We had a large group of loud teenagers and he was just great with them! We did a group dinner with 90 people which I personally had to coordinate. I worked with Abbey in their group sales and she was fabulous. Could not have made it easier for me to coordinate all of this. We had a wonderful buffet and the food was excellent. Everyone raved about it and I could not have been happier! Thank you so much Embassy for making it easy to coordinate this whole thing.

Also, their breakfast buffet was great as well. We enjoyed it both days and everything was hot and tasty. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of their coffee maker but once I had that down we were all good.

If I had to state anything negative (and it would be hard to come up with something) at all it would be that the mattress was a little too hard for me but I'm partial to a very soft mattress. My husband and kids all felt the mattress was great so it was just me.

Our group will definately stay here again in the future when we come to Columbus!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The sparkling clean brand, new hotel exceeded our expectations for the evening. Although the managers' reception was average, the staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning, with a very early departure, the kitchen staff went above and beyond helping to get our family some yogurt and bagels before our flight. That definitely made up for the front desk person who could not find the box breakfasts that I had requsted the night before. Also, the van drivers, both on the way to the airport and after we returned, were superb! A big bonus - we were able to leave our car in the parking lot during our trip away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family