Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
Ranked #49 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have to say this is a great place, I was greet it by Ryan he was so nice, I had been driving for about 3 hr an was a little grumpy after encounter him it all went a way. I went out the door about 3 times a every time there was someone new but it was like I just walked in for the first time. A lot of hotels should come and visit this place and see how they should run their hotel. And I might add my room very very clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as it was a pleasure to have you stay at our hotel. It is also great to hear that the room was very clean and met your standards, that is a testament to our outstanding housekeeping department. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Columbus area.
Regards,
Ryan
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was so nice. Our room was lovely. We had everything we needed and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was delicious. The location was good. The bed was very comfortable, there was a flat screen tv, and the water pressure in the shower was great. I really liked that the complimentary shampoo and conditioner were Bath and Body Works (I know that sounds silly but I liked it :) I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Gzarle,
Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments, I will pass them along to the hotel staff. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again the next you are in the Columbus area.
Regards,
Ryan
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Express OSU

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Newish, super clean, friendly front desk, nice lobby and breakfast space. We asked for a top floor (quieter) away from the elevator and got exactly that. Great sleep. Beds were a little soft for me, but honestly, a very very nice and reasonable hotel near campus.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for the positive review!

It is our goal to provide outstanding accommodations and world class customer service - and an ideal location - just minutes from The Ohio State University.

We look forward to hosting you and your family for future trips to Columbus. Please visit us online or call the hotel directly for your upcoming reservations.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel was nice! However let me say I travel for business and was trying take part in the stay at all our Holiday Inn Brands and earn extra points... Well did that back fire! I am a Platinum member with the Holiday Inn Priority Club! Well due to weather my flight was cancelled, I called the hotel and needed to cancel the room and was told that they had many no shows being a University based property and they had a no exception to the rule policy and I would be charged for the night no exceptions ... period ... the front desk and the general manger Mr. Ross stated they needed the money for the room as opposed to repeat business.... but hoped I would come back ...LOL(not) ... The front desk said to me "call whoever you want you will not get anywhere and we have your money and you will not get it back, policy is policy so good luck!" I did call the 800 number which the front desk told me to call because they were tired of listening to me complain and they were surprised by the property's disregard!
So one final thought .... if there is absolutely no question you will not need to cancel or are on a plane flying Columbus .... I would not book this property as they do not care about the reason your not coming ... At one point I asked the front desk if I was dead on the side of the road would they cancel it and he laughed and said nope you will be charged! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE .... RIGHT!
Last and final though

Room Tip: Corner room was big
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Thomas M
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thomas,

I am very sorry for the non cancelation for your reservation, however the cancelation policy should have been discussed with you when you booked your reservation as well as addressed in your conformation.
After speaking with the front desk, there seemed to be some miscommunication regarding your reason for cancelling- the front desk said it was due to your meeting being cancelled but when you called back it was due to your flight being cancelled. We understand flights being cancelled last minute and are willing to work with situations to that extend however, the inconsistency in your reasoning was not helpful to the staff or manager to assist you further.

We do hope you will chose our hotel on your future stays in Columbus OH

Reviewed 1 May 2014

It has taken me sometime to write this review but the stay at this hotel was good. We booked this room at the last minute but we were not disappointed. Great location to OSU. Rooms were nice and clean and the hotel staff were good. I gave this hotel a 3 stars because there is not a 3.5 star.
I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your reivew, better late than never, as we say here! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to future stays.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was at OSU for a course for 5 nights. This hotel is a 30 minute walk from the vet school where I was, but a free OSU bus does run for part of that route. The locations as not perfect from that point of view, but the hotel was quiet, clean, had free wifi in rooms and was staffed by friendly, helpful people.
The one negative, really, other than location (no tourism or good restaurants around unless you go downtown in a cab) was that the hotel did not do food aside from breakfast. There is a shop you can purchase a bag of crisps/chips and a bottle of water if you need.
Overall, great for the purpose of shirt term work at OSU, but for a holiday would be far from ideal. Met my needs and the staff were truly great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

KieranBorgeat,

Thank you for your review. We are glad we could meet your needs. Yes, unfortunately being a limited service hotel, we do not have a restaurant on property for anything other than breakfast, however we are located within walking distance to more than one full service restaurant as well as fast food chains. We have a great staff and we are glad you noticed that too! Thank you again for staying with us while you worked at OSU.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is an exceptional value for the money. Friendly staff, nice rooms, good location, decent breakfast. They truly care about the customer's experience here. This is my third stay at this hotel. I will be back. Great job and kudos to the leadership team here. Thank you for a job well done.

Stayed: April 2014
HolidayInnExpressOSU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Trip A,

Thank you for your continued stays with us and we look forward to future stays; we are pleased to have you each and everytime you are in Columbus. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and leadership, we have a great team on board here.
Thank you again for your thoughtful review.