“Great stay”

Comfort Suites East Broad at 270
Ranked #29 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here to catch an early morning flight...what a beautiful hotel. As many of the previous reviews stated, this is a fairly new hotel that still has that "new" smell and is very clean. Easy to get to, close to the airport, a short drive to the Easton Mall and plenty of restaurants that aren't far away. Beds were comfortable and check in was great. Only negative was that the Hot Tub wasn't very hot. We left too early to have breakfast, but the breakfast area looked very nice with waffle machines, etc. Would definitely stay here again if in the Columbus area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests and even though your stay was short, we're all very happy that your experience was pleasant. The staff at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 in Columbus looks forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites while visiting my niece at OSU. Although there was not a lot to do in the immediate area, the campus is only an 18-minute drive and it is a quick 8 minutes to the amazing Easton Mall.

The hotel was opened in 2010, so it still has that new smell throughout. Check in was quick and efficient. The lobby was brightened by lots of windows and a fireplace.  Coffee and tea are available to all guests 24 hours.

I asked for a room on the top floor and stayed in a double queen suite. There was plenty of room, a separate sitting area with a pullout sofa, chairs, desk, tables, a fridge (with small freezer), microwave, and flat panel television. Lots of cable channels, but it was hard to find shows without a channel guide. (The front desk told me they had one there, but it wasn't practical to use that one.)  The air conditioner was efficient, good water pressure and temperature in the bathroom.

The room and common hotel areas were clean and well maintained. There were quite a few guests while we were there, but I had no problem with noise. The beds were extremely comfortable and I loved having a soft blanket AND a comforter -- felt more like home. I missed having a safe in the room. We didn't use the pool or hot tub. Breakfast was good for a buffet, with cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, toast, bagels, a waffle bar, eggs, oatmeal, sausage, and juices. It was stocked efficiently and there was no rush to whisk it all way right on the minute at closing.

Maid service was good and all the employees were helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CafeLady
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you so much for going into such detail about all the positive experiences you had while staying with us. We are thrilled that you took the time to post your comments. The staff and management at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 take pride in facilitating great guest stay experiences. We are so glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds; so many folks say the beds give them some of the best restful night’s sleep that they have had. Family or business travelers will find that our hotel offers a great product for an overall value price. On behalf of the staff, I thank you for staying with us recently and look forward to hosting your next stay whenever you come back to Columbus.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I flew into Columbus (CMH) recently and was in town for 1 night only. I had read several of the not-so-good reviews of some of the hotels near the airport. All of the reviews for the Comfort Suites @ East Broad & I-270 were much better. And, I'd like to add another very good review. Even though this hotel is a 10-15 minute drive from the airport, it was well worth it. The lobby and rooms were clean, the staff attentive and professional, and the breakfast buffet more than adequate. I didn't bother renting a car, as there were several restaurants in walking distance and a Waffle House right out in front of the hotel. I walked down the street to Buffalo Wings & Rings to enjoy a game, some food, and a "beverage". You can't go wrong by staying at this Comfort Suites. They even have a shuttle that will pick you up and take you back to the airport (CMH).

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor not too far from the elevator and I never heard the elevator or people coming...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank D&M-DFW-TX

Thanks so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We know that you took valuable time out of your day to tell other travelers about your stay with us, and we really appreciate it! We are delighted that your stay was favorable and you were able to enjoy one of the local eating establishments near us. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I stopped here for a night on a two day road trip. It was so great that on the way back home we stopped here again! The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated, and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was pretty typical compared to other hotels. For our second stay, we opted to hit up the Tim Horton's donut and coffee shop just down the road. If we choose Columbus as a destination instead of a stopping point, I would surely stay here again. Thanks, Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during the short time that you stayed with us and will look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus.!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I really was pleasantly surprised when I entered the hotel and saw how clean it was, almost like new. All three ladies who worked the front desk were wonderful, very professional and attentive. I stayed 3 nights and it was truly very nice. I would and have recommended this hotel to others. Oh, and by the way, they gave me my room with the AARP discount!!!!!

Room Tip: I was in the second floor and have no complaints
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review! I am delighted you had a lovely experience on your most recent stay and that you found our staff to be professional, attentive and friendly. We truly appreciate our guests that take the time to tell others about their visit to our property On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites East Broad at 270.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Really enjoyed our stay! Only 1 night, but we would be happy to have stayed longer! There is room for improvement in the breakfast buffet, however. The proteins were not very appetizing! The rest was fine - good choices of yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc. Also, the directions to find the hotel were confusing and we had to call the hotel for additional help. Overall though, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback.We look forward to seeing you again when and if your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I normally plan my trips very carefully, ahead of time. On my recent trip to Columbus, I decided to "wing it" for a change. Unfortunately, at 3:00 pm, I had only 2 hours to find a hotel and get ready for an important event. I chose the Comfort Suites randomly, not expecting much. I was surprised to get one night at a decent rate (less, in fact, than a Holiday Inn Express that I had stayed at the night before). The staff was personable and encouraging as I shared my "wing it" get away. We laughed and they shared nearby landmark locations and restaurants that I might want to visit. Upon entering my room, I was struck by the different look of this room. A beautiful oriental-style "window wall" was between the bed and the door to the room for privacy. The TV was ultra-modern and remote was uncomplicated. The bed was the nicest I've ever seen in a hotel. (And, oh, so comfortable!) The bathroom looked brand new and was spic-n-span clean. The wi-fi was simple to connect to. Everytime I came and went from the hotel, the staff smiled and greeted me. I will most definitely go back! The only bad thing about my stay was that now I am planning to redecorate my bedroom to look a little more like the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

We are thrilled that your recent experience at the Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 was more you had anticipated. Thank you so much for going into such detail about all the amazing experiences you had while staying with us .Your interaction with our front desk, pointing out our friendly and attentive service encourages everyone to be the best at what we do. We are so glad that you picked our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!