“Nice stay with a couple of hiccups”

Comfort Suites East Broad at 270
Ranked #27 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We chose this hotel because of the high rating on tripadvisor and the reasonable price. We were in town for the OSU football game. Got to the room and it wasn't what we had reserved or paid for. Called down and they indeed put us in the wrong room. (Probably because the desk clerk was talking to an employee about their check and on the phone and helping us) They adjusted our bill as we didn't feel like moving, but not a good start. The floors are very thin as we could hear people walking around upstairs and having sex all night (We were on the 3rd floor) Never heard squeaking boards and heavy footsteps between floors in a newer hotel. I slept well, but my son couldn't because of it. Maybe it was just because of the saturday night crowd staying here. Shower was excellent in the AM
Breakfast was busy as I assume the hotel was full. Selection was plenty and they had staff attending and restocking where needed. Eggs and sausage were good and they also had blueberry waffles. (I also always tend to evaluate a breakfast at a hotel if they have bananas available during the whole breakfast time...they did)
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I would suggest a 4th floor room to avoid the creaky floors. Area is safe and plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Take a top floor room (4th floor)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Werbrichfamily
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests. We take great pride in our clean and spacious guest rooms and are very delighted you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet too. As always, we'll continue to provide the very best of service and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We chose this hotel because we belong to the Choice Hotel Program and wanted a hotel by Port Columbus with a "Park & Fly" package. The price was right and our short stay was perfect. The place is clean, bed is comfy, good breakfast selections and has a friendly staff. The transportation to/from Port Columbus was right on. We live 1-1/2 hours from Columbus and when we fly, we always take early morning flights. This is by far the best airport hotel we have stayed at. Plenty of restaurants within a half mile for an evening meal. This will be the Hotel we stay at the next time we fly out of Columbus.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holmescounty
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you chose our hotel for your stay while in Columbus and would be delighted to be your hotel of "Choice" when traveling to Columbus the next time.
Thanks again for the kind review.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This will be my hotel of choice when I visit my nephew and his family in Reynoldsburg.
The suite we stayed in was very spacious and the beds were "to die for". As much as I enjoyed spending time with my family, I couldn't wait until I got back to my room to go to bed! The service was fantastic, and the accomodations were wonderful. My children enjoyed the pool and spa and I enjoyed the excercise room. The staff was very professional and helpful. Can say enough about this place it was GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: The suite we had was right around corner from elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

You are very kind to have written such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate it and are glad you were able to enjoy all that this property has to offer. I am especially delighted to hear that you enjoyed your sleep in our fantastic beds, we get so many other guests saying the same thing too.
It is always our goal to provide a seamless stay for each of our guests and we will look forward to welcoming your family year after year. Thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the Choice Hotels chain, and this hotel was well above the norm. To begin, it's only about three years old, and still in excellent condition. I especially liked the location: it's about a mile off the Interstate, with the result that you do NOT get the typical highway traffic noise. The minor detour is well worth it. The rooms are larger than the norm and I found everything to be clean and welcoming. There are grocery stores and the usual restaurants within a half mile or so, and the area felt safe. A great choice if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Your comments are most appreciated about our hotel and the surrounding area. We are in a growing community with lots to offer families and the business traveler. There is so much to do in the Columbus area and we are just a short drive to everything due to our easy access to I 270. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you again for your kind words will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I would like to congratulate Comfort Suites for hiring Tinika. Her professionalism, attention to detail, concern for her customers and her beautiful smile has made our stay the very best ever in Columbus, Ohio. Please give Tinika a well deserved "Atta Girl" from the Roberts Family

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I would to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Columbus and I also appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge one of our great staff members ,Tinika. Your comments will certainly be shared with all the Team Members! We look forward to seeing you again when and if your travels bring you back to Columbus!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Excellent property all the way around!!!

I was on business but this would be an excellent hotel for a family stay as well. From the time I spoke to the staff to arrange for my arrival, until the time I checked out, I experienced nothing short of first class customer service. Everyone from the front desk to the sales manager and all of the staff I encountered, either by phone or in person was very professional and accommodating.

The room was spacious and very clean and the maid service was excellent every day. Breakfast was very good (change of hot portions every day) and out and ready at the times listed with a wide selections of every item. Newspapers were delivered early as well.

Work out room was nice and clean with multiple tread mills and a full weight machine which was open 24 hours. Also had a TV with full cable channels.

The hotel had an Indoor pool with a nice hot tub. The entire area was clean with plenty of towels. No chemical smells as in a lot of Indoor facilities I have stayed out.

I am one who travels 200 plus days a year and usually have a difficult time grading hotel and motels much above average unless they stand out. This one DEFINITELY stands out in the most positive way possible.

A business colleague stayed at the only other hotel in the area (across the street) and had multiple issues as well as bed bugs.

I felt safe and the staff was outstanding. Close to the airport and very price friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure and I will definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Would recommend very high without any reservations.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Allen A

Thank you so much for going into such detail about all the amazing experiences you had while staying with us. It gives us great pleasure that you enjoyed your suite and thanks so much for the kind comments regarding our service team as well as our housekeeping team. We are looking forward to your next visit when you are in Columbus.
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 August 2013

"Wonderful"
Absolutely loved our stay here. The check in/out was extremely quick and we were treated like good friends by the staff. They were extremely friendly. The lobby was neat and clean, they stocked candy, muchies and drinks for guests to purchase. The coffee pot was always full and the coffee was delicious, with all the condiments you could need. The breakfast was set up nicely with a lot to choose from and easy access. The pool was beautiful. As to our rooms, 'wow' would be our expression. Neat, clean, two queen beds that were so comfy, soft pillows, a good size closet with hangers, and a pull out couch to sit and watch tv. The in room coffee, fridge and counter tops were great too. We enjoyed a wonderful quiet stay and slept like babies. We would love to visit you again in the future and highly recommend to others to stop in for a visit. It would be well worth their time. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Cindie M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East Broad at 270, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so excited to hear that you had a memorable time with us! Your gracious comments are a continuous inspiration to our team to work harder every day. It gives us great pleasure that you enjoyed your suite and thank you also for your kind comments regarding our service team. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit!