“Not a good experience”

Budget Inn Columbus West
Ranked #129 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I reserved a king non-smoking room. The first one was neither. The second one also was neither but the smoke was "tolerable". The room wasn't very clean and the queen bed sagged horribly.
I need to fill in these blanks or this survey won't complete.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
kantu P, General Manager at Budget Inn Columbus West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey for traveloledge broad street.We are sorry for the in convience that you had during your stay.We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2013

no customer service whatsoever, also the cleaning staff (if they have one) never once entered the hotel room in the 5 days I was there. This resulted in trash piling up. Besides that, the towels and other supplies were never changed. It really felt like no one worked there besides the people at the front desk. The area is pretty sketchy as well and it kind of felt like I was the only one staying there...bad experience over all.

Room Tip: choose another hotel, this one is horrible!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.Our property is always full staffed.Our house keepers are trained to give the services everyday to each and every room.We are sorry for the inconvience that you had during stay.we hope to see you u soon......

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I'm not a wimp who
Both the Travel Lodge and the Knights Inn that are also on this property are filthy, disgusting, unsafe places. The parking lot is rife with hookers and you're in a part of town that someday soon will be plowed under by a demolition crew. I'd say the proximity to the highway and the fast food restaurants are slight benefits but overall this place should be avoided by just about everyone.

It should be removed from the chain. We've paid budget prices for a room before and not had a slimy uncleaned bathroom with a shower head that a child could have broken spraying water all over the ceiling and down onto you while you try to clean up. The owners of these establishments will rent you a room that looks like this without compunction:

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank badkaraoke

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our survey.The property recently went under renovations.we are making sure that the property is free of troublemakers all the time.we are sorry for the inconvience that you had during your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I should have known when I pulled up and there were no other cars in the parking lot! I had reserved the room 2 months prior for a concert and paid ahead for a discounted price with agreement that I could not cancel the room...I will never make that mistake again. The room reeked of stale smoke. There was mold in the bathroom and the trim was pulling away from the walls. There was mold in the ice bucket. There were cigarette burns on the furniture, bathroom sink, bathtub and tables. I pulled back the bedspread and there was dried drainage on the sheets. The gentleman at the desk was kind enough to print directions for me to get to Nationwide Arena which was only a couple of miles away. The toilet worked but with the many restaurants within the block, the fast food bathrooms would have been a better choice. I couldn't even take a nap before the concert since the bed was so filthy. We checked in at 6pm to use the toilet only and left for the concert. When we returned at 1130pm, there were still no other cars in the motel but ours. We used the toilet, checked out and took the 2 hour drive home. I hope I have learned my lesson with cheap motels...just not worth it! I should have checked the travel advisor website!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Sleep in your car and use the bathroom of a fast food restaurant to bathe and pot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HalfMarathonGirl

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.we are under renovations and try our best to satisfy our guest.I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.