“You will not be disappointed!”

Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU
Ranked #10 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
San Diego, California
“You will not be disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have to start this review by saying that I am a Hotel Operator. As such, I can be a tough customer. Actually, I am a tough customer. so when I give a hotel a perfect score I'd like to think that it really means perfect.
I recently booked a group of 20 people into this hotel. I worked with one of their Group Sales persons (I'm not sure I can use names here so I won't mention her but she was fantastic to work with). There were people flying in from all over the world to attend this function and I knew there would be some tired grumpy travelers. I also knew they had a limited amount of time to conduct a lot of business so I asked that they be located near each other and I wanted them to be pre-registered with their keys cut so their check-in would be seamless and only take seconds. It did.
The feedback I got from the Group Leader was universally positive. Great hotel, easy check-in, everybody was on the same floor (which meant that each reservation was entered manually) and absolutely no issues.
I'm happy to recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in this area of Columbus. I am not personally acquainted with this city so all I know is that this is the place to stay in this community. I can't imagine another hotel doing a better job (and very reasonable rates).
In addition to the lodging, I also had to plan a dinner for 20+ people at a nearby restaurant. Another one of the Sales Staff took care of this and, again, it was handled seamlessly. I will review the restaurant on Yelp.
Feel free to message me on TripAdvisor if you have any questions.
Joe Jeter

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JoeSanDiegoCA
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Hello Joejeter,

Thank you for the great review! I’ve shared your comments with my entire staff. It was truly a pleasure working with your group. My team understands the importance that your requests had to the success of your group and it’s my goal that each guest received superior service which exceeds their expectation. I hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus.

Best Regards,
Michael Holtzleiter
Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU
614-569-2910

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel over a weekend while sightseeing in Columbus. Hyatt is my favorite hotel brand and the one I try to stay in while on business trips whenever given the opportunity. Hotels like this are the reason why. First, the hotel is relatively new so everything has that new sheen to it but not so new that the bugs haven't been worked out. Two, the rooms are positively luxurious and very large. I was shocked at the size of my room when I walked in the door. It felt like I had a business suite. Three, the hotel is just over a mile from downtown and all of the amenities that the Arena District has to offer. I drove there a couple of times during my stay and it literally took me just five minutes by car to get there. Lastly, I liked the free covered parking that was right next to the hotel. That's ideal for those winter days/nights. BTW, this was the first time in my life that I've checked into a hotel just by using an automatic check-in machine. It worked great and it's just the thing if you want to avoid counter lines. About the only thing that didn't impress me was the breakfast selection but I guess I'm used to the pastry selections at European hotels. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ulical
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Everything we experienced while @ this hotel was wonderful. Our check-in was fast & easy, the lady checking us in asked about our preferences & each request was met. It was an added blessing to have the free parking garage within a few steps. I appreciated the fact that it was offered @ no charge esp. in Columbus. Our room was larger than expected with a huge TV and separate sitting area. It more than met our expectations. We decided to go for a swim & noticed the towels in the swim area were gone so we walked to the front desk & one of the ladies IMMEDIATELY got fresh towels for us. We were surprised because normally it takes a while to see results. Being so close to Ohio State University they had been extremely busy with lots of different athletes staying there using the facilities. We mentioned the indoor pool was a little chilly & she turned up the heat for us. The complimentary breakfast was superb. We had the sausage gravy w/biscuits, fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee. The gravy was so tasty. It was all really good & we left stuffed. Overall, it was wonderful. The hotel is close to everything & we were able to do a lot while we were there . We highly recommend this hotel. It was extremely clean, comfortable & just really a nice place to stay. The customer service is beyond compare & made our stay even more enjoyable :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tccan
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2012

In Columbus for the NCAA tournament. Hotel was much nicer than the Crowne Plaza where our friends were. Rooms are all suite style with sofa, fridge etc., our shower was nice, room was spacious. lobby is nice and inviting, breakfast was good(though a little misleading- we ordered breakfast only to discover that the "continental" breakfast is free, not the other items posted on the wall. They should have prices posted if they are going to do this. I didn't mind paying for it- just that it was sneaky).
The pool was clean and nice with nice towels, nice fitness center too. staff was very pleasant to deal with. A very nice hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had a fast check in after parking our rental car for free in the nearly attached parking deck. Our room was large with a separate sitting room with sectional, desk, mini-fridge... bed was comfortable. Free internet worked well. Breakfast was o.k. fruit, yogurt, breads, oatmeal, juices, Starbucks coffee. They were quick to refill the small coffee dispensers but would recommend larger ones. The hotel was fully booked with people in town for Arnold S. event. Free computer stations in nook of lobby was nice to print out airline boarding passes. Very functional hotel with lots of perks.

Room Tip: We had room 622 I believe
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Adamstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed one night on business. Lobby and common areas were very appealing. Hotel room was laid out uniquely and was very clean. Shower was roomy and had a comfortable, massaging shower head. Beds were ok, a bit on the soft side. Nice furniture to relax on.
TV was nice. Seemed to have all the comforts of home. Complimentarty breakfast was nice. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My buddy and I have stayed here for an Ohio State football game the past two years and have really enjoyed the hotel. It is spacious and very clean - offering a seating area, so that you have more than just a couple of beds. The TV is nice and there is wireless internet. There is a little bistro downstairs, which seems nice, but we generally get in early on Saturday, take a (free) shuttle that runs about every 20 minutes over near OSU and don't come back until late that night after the game and an afternoon/evening of eating/drinking. There is the OSU Hall of Fame Cafe next door that is really nice for a night cap and/or late dinner as well. The staff remembered us from the previous year and are very helpful. Great place!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends