We stayed two nights in this Hyatt Place, that although in an uninteresting neighbourhood is well situated for the city centre and also the ring road.
Our first room was so small that there was nowhere to put our cases as the floor space was so limited. I was really surprised as previous Hyatt Places have had spacious rooms and this room would have been hopeless for a family. I enquired the next day whether our room was especially small and the receptionist said she wasn't aware of this but would be happy to move our belongings to another room if we preferred. She consulted with a colleague who confirmed 'yes, the room is smaller as it is at the end of the corridor. It is one of our studio rooms' (these cost same as full size suite). The offer to help us relocate evaporated and we were told to move ourselves as quickly as possible to another room before new guests arrived.
Our new room was the usual spacious pleasant suite we have come to expect at a Hyatt Place . However we would probably have been better off if we stayed put. The room was hot (heat wave in Ohio) so we had to have air conditioning on when we went to bed. I was sleeping a foot away from the air conditioner (why no integrated air conditioning in a recently constructed building?) that was very noisy and turned itself on and off at regular intervals . Every time it re-started it woke me up...
In some ways breakfast choice was better than average although non meat eaters were not adequately catered for. The skillet food was stone cold.
I am surprised that Hyatt Place provides 'studios' without warning customers - and charging the same.price. Surely they must realise that this is defacing their own brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio