We visited this Hyatt thinking it would be just as great as our Hyatt experience in Boise, Idaho which was wonderful. However the OSU Hyatt in Columbus was not good. The rooms are like other Hyatt's (functional and relaxing) except there's no
sink in the room's mini bar and no microwave. There is a mini-fridge. We stayed on the sixth floor and slept really well. We booked online and the agent gave us a late checkout which we really appreciated. However, some of the staff on-site was rude.
We ordered food from their 24 hour cafe and it was really poorly prepared compared to our experience at the Boise Hyatt. They didn't include napkins or utensils. They were super rude on the phone the next morning when we ordered breakfast, but when we picked up our order we dealt with someone different who was really nice.
We rented two adjoining suites; one king suite and a two queen suite. Both bathrooms contained mold. The king suite had a nice shower, but there were huge patches of mold in the corners near the floor and around the floor perimeter. The queen suite had a bath/shower combo that had
mold around the caulking of the tub and in the corners. The tile grout was chipping away and it looks like rather than dealing with the mold, they've been caulking over it. Disgusting and dangerous for people with mold allergies. I'm taking pictures of the mold to send to management, because it is pretty out of control. They need to know that their rooms aren't being cleaned properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio