“Affordable small indoor waterpark for the kids.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus
“Affordable small indoor waterpark for the kids.”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Had a weekend stay with 4 kids. They enjoyed the pool the most as it has plenty of activities for all of their ages. The hot tub was nice also. Staff stated they are working on the slide for the children some time after Christmas 2011. Able to feed all of the children a good breakfast in the morning. The children loved the pancake maker and the breakfast attendant took time to show the children how to work the machine. Plan on visiting again soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank elige226
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Dear Elige,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! I am so happy to hear that your stay went so well!
I am also pleased to confirm that we will have a certified lifeguard on duty, beginning New Year's weekend, so that we will be able to keep the spiral slide open from Friday check in time through Sunday check out time each weekend. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Betsy Kinnear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We were in town for Thanksgiving and stayed here. Beautiful hotel, spacious rooms, clean, staff was wonderful (thanks Alex!!!), breakfast buffet was wonderful (the attendant on duty was so kind and great with the customers). The pool huge hit with our son and all the family that visited us over the weekend. We had a great stay, that pool was like being at a resort for the kids and kept them busy for hours through out the weekend not to mention the coolest pancake machine ever (something else the kids loved). Thank you HIE and we will be booking for next year very soon!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Alex! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit with us!

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here with my family on a stopover on the way back from visiting Niagara falls. I would definitely recommend this property, especially for families with little kids. Nice comfy beds in a sapcaious clean room(very new hotel), with all the latest amenities. The hot breakfast was very good - sausage, eggs, pancakes etc... The highlight for us though was this neat indoor waterpark they have, where my son had loads of fun. He didn't want to leave even after spending almost couple of hours there! Loved it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank NS_Travel_Guru
bkinnear, Management company representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased you chose to stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris on your way back from Niagra Falls and that you enjoyed our hotel so much you took the time to tell others about your stay!
We are very proud of our beautiful new hotel and love to hear that our pride shows through the satisfaction of our guests!
Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Columbus and your son can spend even more time playing in our Indoor water recreation area - I bet he loved the frog slide, that seems to be the favorite with our young guests!

Warmest Regards,
Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2011

very nice, clean, new hotel, nice pool for kids, spacious room with microwave & mini fridge, big screen TV, 2 large elevators. Only disappointment was breakfast, I belive too much for 1 person to handle, she didn't look like she has happy to be there, tables needed cleaned, and couldn't keep up with re-stocking food

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
bkinnear, Management company representative at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to write your candid review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel! I do apologize for the disappointment with breakfast, however. We will certainly review our staffing levels, especially on busy nights to ensure that our breakfast guests are well taken care of.
We hope to see you back on yout next visit to Columbus!

Best regards,
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed here one night before visiting OSU. The hotel just opened, so everything was clean and fresh. The hotel has very modern decor. The only thing I didn't like was that some of the carpet in the hallways made me dizzy!

Now that I've seen the pics on this site, I'm sorry I didn't check out the pool!

Check-in was fine, although the desk attendant was neither friendly or unfriendly. Breakfast was just what I needed to start my busy day visiting OSU.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

We thank you for taking time to tell others about your recent stay and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! I do understand your comment about the hallway carpet - i feel the same way at times! I hope that your travels will bring you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris so you can check out our amazing pool!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed in two suites for my daughter's birthday party. They are 10 year olds and absolutely LOVED the pool. There are restrooms in the pool area, which was so nice. The rooms were really large and everything was very clean (and I'm a serious hotel-snob). Lighting was perfect. My older daughter's birthday is coming up and we plan on staying here again. The staff were so nice. The only downside that I can think of is that the waffle machine wasn't working in the morning. But the eating area was clean with lots of places to sit. If you are wondering if you should stay here, I'm telling you - you should.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank hheac
Thanks so much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write a review to let others know about your stay at our hotel!
I'm so happy to hear that your daughter's birthday party was so successful that you plan on a repeat performance!
I do apologize about the inconvenience at breakfast and can assure you that our Express Start Breakfast pancake machine is up and running so you won't experience that the next time.

Madison, WI
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Great new hotel in Polaris area of Columbus. Large rooms, big-screen TVs in each room, free breakfast (in a beautiful area), awesome pool. Staff is very nice and helpful. You can't go wrong here. Only issue was that, our suite, although large, had a lot of empty place. It could have used some more furniture. Also, the furnishings of the room is great now, since the hotel is new. It's hard to judge how good it will be in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Lenny,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Polaris. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay enough to let others know! I hope you will choose us again if your travels bring you back to Columbus!