“Excellent except for the pool”

SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU
Ranked #38 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms are large and comfortable with extra seating areas. There is a separate large tube-shower room with a sink and counter and a large toilet room with a sink and counter. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator. The wifi was slow. The air conditioner was too loud for my son that slept in the bed next to the window and air conditioner; it didn't bother me in the bed further away from the air conditioner. The door to the rooms made a lot of noise when they closed and there was a lot of noise from little league baseball teams there for a tournament. However they quieted down and went to bed at a reasonable hour and were not a problem when we went to bed. The exercise room and equipment was significantly better than average; I liked the elliptical machine and my spouse liked the treadmill. My son's usually like to swim but the pool was too small to attract their interest. The complimentary breakfast was enjoyable as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear SCWMD1,
I’m so glad you enjoyed our hotel and amenities! I appreciate your detailed review. Incredible reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing the SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, and we hope to host you again soon.
Best,
Al Schreiber, GM

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived early and given a room right away. We were asked about preference/ location and the front desk told us there was a wedding so he was going to keep us on the main floor, also to notify them if any issues. Hotel is newer, clean and modern lobby. Open feel so it never felt crowded. Great breakfast-many choices. We were late arriving to breakfast and the gal working there said, not to worry-take our time. Hotel and staff were top notch and everything I expect from the Marriot brand.The only negative was coffee stains on the rug...but that's on the guest not the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear CarolRose2014,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and wonderful staff. I’m pleased to hear that our staff’s excellence in service exceeded your expectations and made for a good experience. We have a great team comprised of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to pass along your compliments to our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Best,
Al Schreiber, GM

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel itself is very clean and has the amenities and decor you would expect from a Springhill Suites. However, as other reviewers have posted, the hotel is situated right next to railroad tracks on the back of the building. I am a light sleeper and made the request to be on the front of the building, away from the tracks, in my reservation. Upon check in, when asked about the location of our room, we were assured that we were away from the tracks and were told "You won't even see them." Guess what we saw as soon as we got to our room and looked out the window...that's right...railroad tracks. Now, I can understand that every request can not be accommodated. However, at least tell me the truth. I would have appreciated the honesty rather than blatently lying to our faces. We travel to Columbus very frequently. I have to say that, while I feel this property offers a decent value and seems to be a clean facility, we will certainly think twice about staying here again based on how we were treated by the staff. I should note that this was our second stay at this property, and the second time that this exact situation happened.

Room Tip: Don't bother making any room requests. They will be ignored by the dishonest staff.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John V
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Warmest Regards,
Al Schreiber

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent one night at Springhill Suites while visiting my son at OSU. The hotel is new, very modern and clean. There was a sitting area and working area that is seperated from the area where the bed is located. The room was very nice and for the price is awesome. I am a women and happened to be alone that night and felt safe and secure entering the hotel and leaving at night. I think this is one of the most energy efficient and modern hotels I have actually stayed in. Even the lights in the elevator don't come on until you enter them. Great place to stay near campus. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear cincymom5: Thank you so much for your glowing review. We're so glad you stayed with us while you were visiting your son at OSU campus. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Al Schreiber

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My group stayed at this Springhill for two nights last week while we attended Rock on the Range in Columbus. We arrived very early (long before check in) and would not be able to return to the hotel until after midnight. The front desk clerk offered to put a note on the reservation that we would be back after midnight to make sure the room was not given away. When we returned later that night the very friendly (and pretty) night clerk checked us in with no problem and we were off to our rooms within minutes. She also asked us how the concerts were each night when we got in which was very nice and unexpected.

The room itself was outstanding. The queen beds made us realize how bad our beds and home were and we slept like babies. The separate shower and toilet rooms made getting ready in the morning much easier than if we had to wait for each other to finish. The room also had a very comfortable couch, a mini fridge and a microwave which would have been very useful had we spent more time at the hotel. The room was extremely clean also. I always do a thorough check of the rooms and this one was without a doubt one of the cleanest I’ve ever been in.

The breakfast offered each morning was perfect to get us started: eggs, sausage, pastries, breads, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, etc. There was also plenty of seating available each morning so no one felt rushed while eating.

There was also a very nice patio out front with a little water fall and fire pit which we did not get to enjoy due to it being cold and rainy while we were there.

All in all I was very impressed with this hotel and I would be happy to stay there again next time I am in Columbus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

LJK925,
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU while attending Rock on the Range. We hope you and your group had a great time at the concert and we're happy to have been a part of your travels. It's fantastic to hear that our clean rooms, excellent service, and value added amenities reflect our high quality standards. Please come back to see us again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Hotel was EXTREMELY clean, quiet, and nice. Only issue I had was the drain in the shower was extremely slow.

Suites have an interesting setup - toilet & small sink in one cutaway, with the shower & bigger sink inside other bathroom cutaway. Nice layout for business travelers.

Closeby to restaurants & bars & campus.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

TomStax,
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU during your business trip. We appreciate your feedback and have informed our maintenance team of the issues you encountered with the shower drain. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and would return for another visit in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Satisfactory breakfast (wife liked the oatmeal). Well configured suite. But very noisy AC - 3rd floor at rear. Very convenient location near OSU, good restaurants, and excellent bike paths.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Mikeandjoni,
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU. I’m sorry for the noisy AC and apologize for any inconveniences. I’ll be certain to address your comments with our maintenance staff. It’s great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay otherwise and found our friendly staff and convenient location well suited for your travels. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.