SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
US$137
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$102
US$86
US$79
Red Roof
US$161
Excellent 5/5
All reviewstrain noiseshower areadesk areahotel is moderneach morningsitting areathe general managerexercise roomgreat place to staybusiness triproom was spaciousohio statehot breakfastshopping and restaurantsstaying at this hotelconvenient locationfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Was there for a wedding and my room was surrounded by a Little League team. When brought to their attention the managers quickly changed me to another wing in the hotel. They also helped me move my stuff which was very nice. It was still a bit noisy, perhaps the housecleaning staff could be more conscious of not allowing the doors to slam every time they go in and out. The room was clean, and the the breakfast spread was good. Wide variety of fresh food and a nice area to sit and eat. Also very convenient location close to OSU and easy to get to the local spots.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall it might be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Howard G,

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! I’m sorry for your initial frustration, but I’m glad we were able to accommodate you in a room which was quieter. We thank you for your compliments regarding our clean suites, ample breakfast and convenient location, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Al Shcreiber, GM

Reviewed 8 July 2014

6 of us stayed in this hotel comfortably in a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The separate bathroom and shower rooms were very convenient for us. We did not sample any breakfast. Ample parking was available and free. My only gripe was it was a bit far away from downtown but Columbus is easily navigable.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are suites. The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Matt C,

Thank you for your kind review! We’re pleased to hear our spacious suites and ample parking made for an enjoyable stay; I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. It was a pleasure to host you. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is new and nice , but the room near the back is very close to a rail track. When the train running, it make very loud sound. if you want to be quite, try to stay in a room near the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: choice a room close to the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank winsir
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very kind feedback regarding our nice and new rooms with our team; they work hard to ensure guests feel at home. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind feedback along with areas of opportunity for improvement. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I love the brand of SpringHill Suites. Very large rooms that seemed brand new. Bright colors make you feel like you're in a nice place instead of a drab motel. The limited service concept is great for business travelers. However, a key amenity is reliable and strong wifi signals. As a Marriott Gold, I was only given the basic wifi that every other guest gets complimentary anyway. It was fine late at night, but when I was in a meeting the next day (in their lobby conference room), I wasn't able to stay connected with a constant "limited" signal strength the entire morning/afternoon. Frustrating to say the least. I would have thought they'd give the Marriott gold status members free Premium wifi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write. My apologies for the frustration you experienced with internet. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our bright and fresh hotel. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. It is feedback like yours which allows us to positively impact future guest experiences.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Arrived in Columbus around 9:30 AM and decided to drive by the hotel just to check it out. Walked in and was greeted warmly by the front desk. Told them we had reservations for the night, but knew it was way too early for check-in. The desk clerk said the hotel was 100% occupied the night before, but to please give him a minute to check and see if any rooms had already been cleaned. 10 minutes later, we were unloading our suitcases in our 4th floor (on the end) suite with a king size bed....exactly what we hoped for. The room was actually a small suite with a pull out sleeper sofa and a desk, plus a small frig, microwave, and pod coffee maker. The bedroom area was reasonably sized and the layout of the bathroom was very nice. It was actually two separate rooms...one with the toilet and a small sink, the other had a sink with a vanity and a nice sized shower. Great solution for 2 people trying to get ready at the same time.
The Free Breakfast was quite nice each morning....great choices: waffles (you made yourself), cereal, hot Quaker oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, several varieties of bagels, pastries, and juices. Also loved having a couple flavors of yogurt and types of milk available. Coffee was available 24 hours a day. There was a small bar with a TV, but the bar never seemed to be open (only disappointment of the entire stay because there were World Cup games being played).
The fitness room and indoor pool looked nice, but we did not make use of either.
Some have commented on hearing traffic and/or trains; we never heard either (so I guess Room 427 is a good room suggestion). One tip I will pass along is that we have started to travel with a small "sound machine" so that may have helped with any noises.
The location is great for getting to campus or the highways.
Very clean and nicely furnished hotel. Been to Columbus many times to visit family and this was the best combination of convenience/price/hospitality/comfort out of all the hotels. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Columbus!

Room Tip: Fourth Floor (427) was great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our well-equipped suites, ample breakfast and convenient location. I’m glad our staff was accommodating. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. Thank you taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,