“Location!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was located right off the 315, which turned out to be a main conduit to everywhere we went on our overnight trip to Columbus. The lady who checked us in and out was fairly rude; she barely spoke and did not smile. She did manage to get us checked in early, although into a room with a king-size bed, instead of a room with 2 queens, which would've been nicer for a mom travelling with 2 kids. Whatever, I was just glad to my 'home base' established before hitting the zoo and water park. There was access to lots of restaurants in the area.

My son actually was ill and threw up early the next morning, which was obviously a bummer. When the cleaning lady came around--she was very kind and gave us extra towels and access to her cleaning supplies. I mean, he was a trooper, and "hit the mark," but I didn't want to spread his cooties. One thing I will say is, the area around the toilets were dirty--something I wouldn't normally mention other than the fact that I was cleaning in and around the area to keep contagion to a minimum.

Their breakfast in the morning was a nice way to start our commute back, which was earlier than expected, but given my son's unexpected issues seemed prudent.

Oh, and we were on the front side of the hotel, but could still hear the train (faintly). Staying on the back-side of the hotel MIGHT'VE been an issue.

Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Kelley L,

We are so appreciative of your kind review. I’m very sorry to hear that your son became ill and that your check-out experience did not leave you with a good impression. My apologies that the cleanliness of your bathroom was not up to our usual standards. Its good to know that our housekeeping staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed our central location and ample breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it fosters improvement for future stays. We hope to host you on your return visit.

Al Schreiber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Portland, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son is about to attend OSU this fall. I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the university. When we first stayed here in March for a campus tour I was impressed with the cleanliness, price, and included breakfast which is why I decided to book again for orientation. We checked in a night before orientation (long drive to get here). As the three of us were heading to the elevator after a 10 hr drive, an employee came over to us and asked if we were here for orientation. my son proudly said yes and the employee who i later discovered was the general manager said that there was a special rate for OSU that he could offer- This save us a significant amount for this trip! He then asked if we wanted to stay in august for move in. He took care of everything by the time we got to our room upstairs I already had the email confirmation for our 2 nights at dorm move in time-which apparently fills up quickly.
A while later after returning from dinner at a very nice place within walking distance another front desk agent inquired as to our meal and offered great advice for our meal the next night.
All in all a very friendly, clean hotel. The only thing that kept this review under 5 stars was the fact that my wife had to call twice for extra pillows and when they finally arrived they were not usable because of a weird smell so we put them back outside the door and it was too late and we were too tired to call again. The free breakfast is a good start to the day. Fruit, cereal, breads, sausage, and beverages are all available and offer a relaxing start to the day.

Room Tip: ask for a central or front room. there are train tracks behind the hotel.
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our convenient location, ample breakfast and personalized service. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I’m sorry our pillows were not to your liking. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when visiting The Ohio State University.

Kind Regards,
Al Schreiber
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I did enjoy the spaciousness of the room. It was nice to have a separate seating area away from the bedroom and bathrooms. Both the bed and sofa was comfortable.

Also liked the fact that there was a half bath and shower/sink in different rooms. The walk in shower was large with decent water pressure.

The only suggestion I had would be to have a no shoes, no shirt, no service policy at the morning breakfast line.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather J
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Heather J,

We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. My apologies for your experience at breakfast; I appreciate your sincere feedback. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The facility was beautiful and clean. The rooms were very nice and clean as well. I only have one complaint and that is that they didn't provide lotion. I jumped in the car and took a last minute trip and was surprised to find that they didn't provide lotion. The size and set up of the room was great for families with children. Cleanliness goes the further than anything for me, it was beyond clean.

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Nyree H,

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our beautiful and clean hotel. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when in the Columbus OSU area.

Kind Regards,
Inlet, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Easy check in, great staff, clean and spacious rooms with a divider between sitting and sleeping areas.

The staff is personable and helpful. The housekeeping staff is thorough. A variety of fast food options are close neighbors. Convenient. Down the road from Ohio State.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Harry R,

We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Was there for a wedding and my room was surrounded by a Little League team. When brought to their attention the managers quickly changed me to another wing in the hotel. They also helped me move my stuff which was very nice. It was still a bit noisy, perhaps the housecleaning staff could be more conscious of not allowing the doors to slam every time they go in and out. The room was clean, and the the breakfast spread was good. Wide variety of fresh food and a nice area to sit and eat. Also very convenient location close to OSU and easy to get to the local spots.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall it might be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Howard G,

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! I’m sorry for your initial frustration, but I’m glad we were able to accommodate you in a room which was quieter. We thank you for your compliments regarding our clean suites, ample breakfast and convenient location, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Al Shcreiber, GM
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

6 of us stayed in this hotel comfortably in a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The separate bathroom and shower rooms were very convenient for us. We did not sample any breakfast. Ample parking was available and free. My only gripe was it was a bit far away from downtown but Columbus is easily navigable.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are suites. The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Matt C,

Thank you for your kind review! We’re pleased to hear our spacious suites and ample parking made for an enjoyable stay; I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. It was a pleasure to host you. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.