“Excellent hotel next to Ohio State University”

SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Small and comfy with large rooms. Free WiFi(although it's pretty slow), lobby bar and nice outdoor patio area. Decent breakfast, walking distance from good restaurants and the OSU campus. Easy to get to from State Route 315.Free shuttle to OSU, Convention Center. Stayed here several times and would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IllinoisRadioguy
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Springhill Suites Columbus OSU . We appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our location. Please plan to visit us again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We loved our stay here! We were welcomed by some very nice gentlemen who offered information about the area restaurants. The rooms are spacious and clean. I loved the idea of the little bath with a sink and toilet, however would still like a toilet in the shower room too. The breakfast was nice! If you are a government employee take advantage of the government rate. It was a steal for us to stay at such a nice hotel for that cheap!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Karen K,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

What a stay! We were at this hotel for four nights last week as part of a business conference, and what a welcome we received.
Upon arrival after a long day of driving, we found that the lobby had been decorated for our group complete with balloons, pink lemonade stand, and pink pillow covers on the lobby couches (I was told the GM sewed them on herself). They even created a drink at the bar just for our group. : ) I felt like a Rock Star!
The staff - everyone from front desk to housekeeping - was so very friendly and upbeat. The room was clean and well-equipped for our needs, and overall tour experience was excellent! Thank you so much for the great customer service and we hope to be back next year!!
PS - great location near OSU and jsut a short drive from downtown. Walking distance to several restaurants and shopping/theaters about 1/2 mile down the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Jennifer L,

It’s wonderful to know your stay was pleasant. We love hearing you were pleased with our hotel amenities and service. Your review helps us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was located right off the 315, which turned out to be a main conduit to everywhere we went on our overnight trip to Columbus. The lady who checked us in and out was fairly rude; she barely spoke and did not smile. She did manage to get us checked in early, although into a room with a king-size bed, instead of a room with 2 queens, which would've been nicer for a mom travelling with 2 kids. Whatever, I was just glad to my 'home base' established before hitting the zoo and water park. There was access to lots of restaurants in the area.

My son actually was ill and threw up early the next morning, which was obviously a bummer. When the cleaning lady came around--she was very kind and gave us extra towels and access to her cleaning supplies. I mean, he was a trooper, and "hit the mark," but I didn't want to spread his cooties. One thing I will say is, the area around the toilets were dirty--something I wouldn't normally mention other than the fact that I was cleaning in and around the area to keep contagion to a minimum.

Their breakfast in the morning was a nice way to start our commute back, which was earlier than expected, but given my son's unexpected issues seemed prudent.

Oh, and we were on the front side of the hotel, but could still hear the train (faintly). Staying on the back-side of the hotel MIGHT'VE been an issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Kelley L,

We are so appreciative of your kind review. I’m very sorry to hear that your son became ill and that your check-out experience did not leave you with a good impression. My apologies that the cleanliness of your bathroom was not up to our usual standards. Its good to know that our housekeeping staff was accommodating and that you enjoyed our central location and ample breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it fosters improvement for future stays. We hope to host you on your return visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son is about to attend OSU this fall. I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the university. When we first stayed here in March for a campus tour I was impressed with the cleanliness, price, and included breakfast which is why I decided to book again for orientation. We checked in a night before orientation (long drive to get here). As the three of us were heading to the elevator after a 10 hr drive, an employee came over to us and asked if we were here for orientation. my son proudly said yes and the employee who i later discovered was the general manager said that there was a special rate for OSU that he could offer- This save us a significant amount for this trip! He then asked if we wanted to stay in august for move in. He took care of everything by the time we got to our room upstairs I already had the email confirmation for our 2 nights at dorm move in time-which apparently fills up quickly.
A while later after returning from dinner at a very nice place within walking distance another front desk agent inquired as to our meal and offered great advice for our meal the next night.
All in all a very friendly, clean hotel. The only thing that kept this review under 5 stars was the fact that my wife had to call twice for extra pillows and when they finally arrived they were not usable because of a weird smell so we put them back outside the door and it was too late and we were too tired to call again. The free breakfast is a good start to the day. Fruit, cereal, breads, sausage, and beverages are all available and offer a relaxing start to the day.

Room Tip: ask for a central or front room. there are train tracks behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our convenient location, ample breakfast and personalized service. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I’m sorry our pillows were not to your liking. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when visiting The Ohio State University.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I did enjoy the spaciousness of the room. It was nice to have a separate seating area away from the bedroom and bathrooms. Both the bed and sofa was comfortable.

Also liked the fact that there was a half bath and shower/sink in different rooms. The walk in shower was large with decent water pressure.

The only suggestion I had would be to have a no shoes, no shirt, no service policy at the morning breakfast line.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heather J
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Heather J,

We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. My apologies for your experience at breakfast; I appreciate your sincere feedback. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Al Schreiber, GM

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The facility was beautiful and clean. The rooms were very nice and clean as well. I only have one complaint and that is that they didn't provide lotion. I jumped in the car and took a last minute trip and was surprised to find that they didn't provide lotion. The size and set up of the room was great for families with children. Cleanliness goes the further than anything for me, it was beyond clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Nyree H,

It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our beautiful and clean hotel. We appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. Our team strives to be your hotel of choice when in the Columbus OSU area.

Kind Regards,