“Avoid at all cost”

Ranked #57 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Springfield, MO
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Rude staff, dirty rooms, and worst of all MY WIFE KILLED A BED BUG IN OUR ROOM! If you value good service and cleanliness avoid this hotel. Your family will thank you.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Ozarkfolks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I stayed in Room 714 and it was big, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I also got a great deal through Orbitz for multiple nights. I only have two complaints about the room. The TV won't swivel so you can watch TV in bed and while the hotel accommodates several hundred people, the dining room only has about 25 seats, so go early. On the plus side, they serve a hot breakfast, which for the price was quite impressive. The hotel has a great location for commuting to OSU, Worthington, and Dublin. I had a nice time there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Scriptspring
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

We were very excited to spend the weekend with our kids and grandkids. We reserved the 2 room queen and foldout for the six of us through orbitz . We arrived at noon time and were told too early to check in. We went to cosi and came back after 5 pm only to find out our room was not available. Tony , at the check in desk offered us a room to sleep 4, ( 1 queen and 1 fold out love seat) or a room to sleep 6 for an extra $48. We decided not to stay there and went next door to comfort suites only to find out Hawthorne had charged our credit card and refuse to give us A refund.48 + hours later The front desk at hawthorne refuse to talk to my husband saying " If we were not guests for the night they cannot talk to him". But they do have our money. Orbitze says its hotels problem, hotel says its orbitz problem. Its been so frustrating , I have heard of upgrading but not down grading. We have A call into the corporate office . Its really been A bad experience and A waste of what was to be A nice little getaway.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
conventiondiva
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I admit I am a picky person and the first thing I do when I get a room is check it out from top to bottom. The first thing we found in our suite was a girls bikini bottoms hung on the back of the bathroom door. This of course could have just been a missed item by the hotel staff. Then we found a bra in one of the drawers. Again a customer left this behind and perhaps it could've been missed by a busy cleaning staff. THEN I found the worst..worst..worst..I sat down on the chair in the sitting room area and spied a USED condom on the floor by the coffee table. I went straight down to the front desk. The young lady there said "Oh sorry all the cleaning staff has gone home no one can come and clean the room now." I described the problem and asked for our room to be changed. She said they only had single bed rooms left and since there were three of us that would not work. I asked her what we should do. She offered me a plastic baggie and said I could clean it up then there wouldn't be a problem. I asked her if she had a pair of latex gloves or something, she said sorry no. I asked if they would at least make some adjustment to our room price for the inconvienance and nastiness of the room. She said there was nothing she could do but she would leave a note for the manager and I could talk to him in the morning. In the morning I went to the manager and asked him what he was going to do about the situation he said he had no knowledge of it and we were probably lying anyway and had no proof. I would never ever stay there again!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

Clean, friendly, fantastic breakfast...

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

This is a very nice place. Hard to find at first but once u do you will love it. We stayed for 6 nights and the room was great the food was awesome and the pool was nice.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2008

We were there for a religious convention and wanted some personal time for our selves also. We loved the pool area and the spa area. The room was everyting we exprected, all class one. We slept wonderfully and extremely quiet and no cleaning people knocking on your door at 8:00. We enjoyed the suite with the bedroom separare from the living room. It was beautifully arranged, living room was a little crowded. Need to remove the big desk and put a smaller one in, but to me this hotel was a 4 star hotel, it was easy to get on 70. I would stay again and recommend it.

Stayed January 2008