DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,308 results
All reviewssupreme courtdouble treecapital clubscioto rivercorner suitewet barrooms are hugeliving areafitness centerarena districtgreat roomshort northcosiconferenceconcert
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here as a first stop on a road trip in September. What a terrible way to kick off a holiday. Front desk staff at check-in were awful. The young lady said "I'm not even going to begin to try and pronounce your last name!" My last name is 5 letters and no one in history has ever mispronounced my easy name. An attempt at friendliness, she asked my boyfriend the reason for our travels, my shy boyfriend started to answer and she literally started a conversion with her co-worker friend behind the desk, completely ignoring his response. I'm already border line livid at this point. (Oh, and no cookie! I had to ask for one.) It only gets worse.

We open the door to "our room" - except its someone else's room. They weren't there but all their personal and valuable belongings were. I still feel so sorry for these people who have no idea their privacy was comprised. As an apology we get upgraded to their "best room". It's the exact same room, but with an extra window. We looked up the regular price of that room - $800, oh how we laughed and laughed! I asked the girl "well how do I know you're not going to let someone into our room? Should I be renting a safe?" Her response was a laugh and "oh don't be ridiculous".

Exiting the hotel we wondered what the impressive looking building was across the water, so we asked 2 of the maintenance guys working outside of the hotel, they didn't even look, just mumbled "I don't know", clearly unimpressed with us ignorant tourists! I still don't know what it is.

Parking $20. Wifi an additional charge, which is ridiculous as we're already paying more to stay at a "doubletree". No pool. Nothing special or fancy or impressive about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tb33
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the staff and hotel. The room was spacious.I would recommend for your next visit. This is a big college town. It was hard for us to find the parking lot late at night. The location is good.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

There are better hotels to stay in this area. the staff were mostly absent from sight. You had to wait for service in the restaurants. the lobby is on the 7 floor. traffic in front of the hotel is so busy they have to hire a security guard to direct traffic. There's a Residence Inn nearby. Go stay there

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Booked this hotel with the "Celebration package" for our 15th wedding anniversary. Took 2 phone calls to get our sparkling wine that was suppose to be in the room. The toilet was clogged after one flush. Waited 1/2 hour for a toothbrush to be delivered (wife forgot it. I went down to the desk to get one but was told I needed to wait for them to deliver it to the room). Free breakfast was ok but the service was not good. I had to beg for a glass of water that never got refilled. Our room was nice and the area around the hotel was nice which overcame the hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Joe J, Management Team at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

David D,

Please accept my sincere apology for the lack of service you received during you stay. I assure you this is not conducive to how we greet our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it will be used as a training tool to help enhance our service efforts.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have stayed here twice now, and both experiences were positive. The hotel seems to be primarily for business travelers given the location, and the spacious suites. The room I got the first time I stayed was fine. The room I got the second time I stayed was breathtakingly beautiful, the bedroom surrounded by windows with a beautiful view of Columbus. It was one of the first times I stayed at a hotel and wished I'd had more time to spend in the room. Also the bed was crazy comfortable, which is true of most Hilton hotels.

There were many positives from the spacious room to the friendly service and the cookie you get at reception. The few "negatives"...

1. The shower does not get very hot at all. Granted, I tend to take crazy hot showers, but this one felt lukewarm at best. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's noteworthy.

2. The parking/elevator situation: It's a little bit annoying that you have to take one elevator up to the lobby, get off, walk across the lobby, and get on another. Again, not a dealbreaker, but I could imagine getting tired of that really quick

3. The cost of parking is ridiculous. 22.00 a night is a pretty hefty parking fee. If they perhaps also provided free in-room internet, I might be more forgiving of the fee but they don't. So whatever you get your room for, be prepared to tack 30 bucks on to that. Having said that, they did honor the government rate, so it was still a reasonable price.

Overall, this hotel gave me spacious, attractive, comfortable accommodations in a good location, so the few things I wasn't super excited about were okay. But they are what kept me from giving the hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: Booking through the Hilton site directly with my Hhonors member number got me a much nicer room than booking through a discount site, at a similar price. I would recommend doing some comparison, because the higher corner suite was worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business