“Business in Columbus”

Ranked #47 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, United States
“Business in Columbus”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The DoubleTree by Hilton in Columbus provided average to good accomodations at an excellent location near the capitol and connected underground. However, the hotel is over-priced, and the fitness room equipment needs maintenance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Beachwood, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I reserved 3 suites for my family including my handicapped mother. She has stage 4 cancer . The Dr told her 1 1/2 years ago that she only had 8 months. Her dream was to make it to her grandsons graduation. Her room was never cleaned:this means no clean towels, trash was not emptied.. My brothers room: no bedding for the pullout and the frigerator did not work. We called the desk but they did not resolve the problem. I got them bedding. My room: I will send pictures if you would like. Dried urine and mold around the toilet. a gross hair call stuck to the sheet and the thermostat did not work. I reported the urine and unsanitary conditions 5 times. Finally on saturday evening at about 7:30 pm the front desk person went with housekeeping to my room. The first night we went to the dining room in the hotel, we were the only patrons. It took 85 minutes to be served. This was miserable. sleep quality poor because the air did not work. I gave our extra bedding away so then my daughter did not have bedding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe J, Management Team at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Marilyn B,

Please accept our most humble apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while with us, I assure you this is not conducive to how we greet our guests. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations, however in this case it appears we've missed the mark & for that we'd like to do what it takes to make it right. Please feel free to contact me at (614)228-4600 to discuss how we can make up for the issues you encountered. Again I do apologize & would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it will be used as a training tool to help enhance our service efforts.
Mason, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is by far the most incompetent, unfriendly staff I've encountered. This is an average hotel charging high rates for poor service. The garage accepts credit cards, but it's manual. The manual process backs traffic up three levels of the garage. The location is good, and the rooms are fine, but I'd find somewhere else to stay in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Scott C
Scott C,

Please accept my apologies for what sounds like a very frustrating parking experience & overall level of service not meeting your needs. While we don't own or manage the garage, we will use this feedback to ensure that all of our guests are greeted with the level of service & professionalism that's expected of a Hilton property & that future informational signage is posted clearly & accurately for our guests to see. Thanks you for your feedback as it will be used to help us better serve our guests.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lovely rooms, but you would expect that for the price you pay. Internet service will cost you per day unless you are an HHonors Gold or Diamond level. Convenient parking garage. Food was a bit pricey, but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here as a first stop on a road trip in September. What a terrible way to kick off a holiday. Front desk staff at check-in were awful. The young lady said "I'm not even going to begin to try and pronounce your last name!" My last name is 5 letters and no one in history has ever mispronounced my easy name. An attempt at friendliness, she asked my boyfriend the reason for our travels, my shy boyfriend started to answer and she literally started a conversion with her co-worker friend behind the desk, completely ignoring his response. I'm already border line livid at this point. (Oh, and no cookie! I had to ask for one.) It only gets worse.

We open the door to "our room" - except its someone else's room. They weren't there but all their personal and valuable belongings were. I still feel so sorry for these people who have no idea their privacy was comprised. As an apology we get upgraded to their "best room". It's the exact same room, but with an extra window. We looked up the regular price of that room - $800, oh how we laughed and laughed! I asked the girl "well how do I know you're not going to let someone into our room? Should I be renting a safe?" Her response was a laugh and "oh don't be ridiculous".

Exiting the hotel we wondered what the impressive looking building was across the water, so we asked 2 of the maintenance guys working outside of the hotel, they didn't even look, just mumbled "I don't know", clearly unimpressed with us ignorant tourists! I still don't know what it is.

Parking $20. Wifi an additional charge, which is ridiculous as we're already paying more to stay at a "doubletree". No pool. Nothing special or fancy or impressive about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tb33
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the staff and hotel. The room was spacious.I would recommend for your next visit. This is a big college town. It was hard for us to find the parking lot late at night. The location is good.

• Stayed May 2014
Portland, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

There are better hotels to stay in this area. the staff were mostly absent from sight. You had to wait for service in the restaurants. the lobby is on the 7 floor. traffic in front of the hotel is so busy they have to hire a security guard to direct traffic. There's a Residence Inn nearby. Go stay there

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business