“Luxurious and excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Luxurious and excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Doubletree Guest Suites are truly suites. Our double double suite accommodated five of us with lots of room to spare. The staff was great in attending to our needs and quick to respond to requests. We were traveling as part of a conference group which included a large amount of teenagers. The hotel is first class, but they also treated our teens comfortably and not snotty as a similar hotel might have. The fresh warm cookies are the best! The only downside was having to deal with the Hilton Honors program. It's been difficult trying to get the points and miles credited as they advertise. It's not the hotel's fault, though, and I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
providence, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

An all-suites hotel, big big rooms....all with living rooms and seperate bedrooms and a small kitchenette. Bed was comfortable, hotel was quiet, good location near State House and neighborhood feels safe. Plenty of breakfast and lunch places all around.

The only drawbacks is the need for an update....carpet, wallpaper, and fixtures for the most part look like 90's rejects. The hotel itself is also a strange building that you have to go up to the sixth or seventh floor for the lobby. For the most part there is no greeter out by the street, so if you are looking for a bellhop to help you with your bags and direct you this isn't the place for you. I didnt' find any of this to be a problem.

But I suppose if they did those upgrades you wouldn't be able to get it for 60 bucks on hotwire or priceline.....which is a great deal for rooms this size.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

My wife took me here as a getaway from the norm. We relaxed in a comfortable and clean suite and were minutes away from dining on the river. The staff were courteous and although there were several large groups staying there it was very quiet. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

The Doubletree is a great place to stay! Their attention to every detail and genuine willingness to make my stay as comfortable as it can be was great The room was very comfortable and quiet, and had a wonderful view of the river as I had requested. I appreciated having many of the amenities of home right there and the staff and employees, including the director of sales, were cordial and very helpful with my requests. And of course, the cookies are a huge bonus! Thanks Doubletree-we'll be back as always!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Milton, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Great reception on check-in. Very helpful staff. Had a 2 room suit. Carpet a little worn as was the furniture, but the bedding was so comfortable that I felt like I was sleeping in my bed at home. I however fell that $20.00 a day to park is a little steep for the price you pay for the room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Franklin, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

The hotel was in a nice location, but needed a facelift. The furnishings were dated, but in fair condition. The air conditioner made a horrible knocking sound all night and the bathroom drains were both clogged and ran slowly.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grayson, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

My sister in law and I booked a girl's night out so that we could see Wicked which is playing at the Ohio Theatre. We were there on a Tuesday night (August 3-4). We chose this hotel purely for its proximity to the Theatre, as we wanted to walk so we could better see the city. We couldn't have picked a nicer place!

When we arrived in the lobby (which was actually on the 6th floor) we were checked in by Josh. He was very kind and helpful. We asked him for dinner recommendations and he not only gave us the name of a great restaurant to try, he took the time to write out exact directions for us. He and his co-worker (didn't get the other guy's name) also gave us maps of Columbus. Lastly, we got fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies. What a nice touch!

We got dressed and headed out to dinner (Tip Top Restaurant) then we went to our show. We loved Wicked, recommend this show to EVERYONE! It was awesome!

When we got back to the hotel we were helped again by the friendly staff at the Doubletree! I wish I had gotten the name of the girl who worked the front desk, but I didn't. However, she was the only person working around midnight on the night of Tuesday, August 3rd. She deserves props as well, what a sweet person she was!

Our room (we had a 2 room suite, which was way more than we needed but very very nice just the same!) was immaculate. The beds were super comfy, the temperature in the room was easy to regulate, we had complementary drinks (juice & bottled water). The bathroom was spotless. I'm not a germophobe, but generally hotels kind of skeeve me out; not the case here. This was honestly probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever seen.

No, I don't work for Doubletree (lol) and I am from out of town...I don't know any of these people. I don't normally even take the time to sit down and write reviews, but I felt these people went above and beyond so I thought I'd write while the evening was still fresh on my mind.

I would not hesitate to go back, and in fact look forward to going to another show again someday.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelGM45, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that your experience in our City and at our hotel was a positive one. I will follow up with the staff members you identified and let them know how impressed you were with the service they provided.
We hope that the next time you decide to return to Columbus, that we will be your first choice in hotels.