“construction, spiders, torn up carpet, horrible experience”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #82 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were in town for ill parent who passed away while we were there. Staff was rude, we were told after 3 nights we could get a senior discount, however not on first 3 nights of 8 night stay. Our floor was all torn up and crawling with workers. They were tearing apart boxes and tossing them in the hall. They were tearing up carpet around our door and left rolls of tape in Our doorway. We were only people on the wing but construction workers. Not my idea of safety. We ended up with several large black spiders in our room, I assume from the mess outside. Air was not working properly and prior guest left one of the Windows open behind the curtain which they should have checked. Room smelled stale, they brought us a c a n of spray. No discount for bereavement even though two hotels on each side did. Staff rude and uncaring. They even had a jackhammer going outside the lobby during breakfast and the noise was horrible, we left and went out to eat somewhere else even though breakfast was I included. Asked to be moved but were told no other rooms. Worst Hotel experience ever.

Room Tip: First floor if you have to stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Julie C,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here while my grandson auditioned for American Idol. The hotel is near the airport in a safe neighborhood. The room was very clean with comfortable bed. There were plenty of pillows. There was a kitchen with a full size refrigerator which was great. Loved having an ice maker and not having to find an ice machine down the hall someplace. The front desk staff was one of the friendliest I have met. Anything I asked for they took care of even with suggestions for pizza delivery the second night when we were too tired to go out. The pool is large, warm and the area clean. There is a small but adequate exercise roo,.. Breakfast was very good with crisp bacon, eggs, waffles etc. We were there on a long weekend so I cant address the weekday reception. We enjoyed the free wifi and it worked well. There was some construction going on in the hallway but that didnt affect our stay at all. The only negative thing I can say is that the second night we could hear heavy footsteps overhead for awhile but they did not bother our sleep. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brandi1207
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights. What I needed was plenty of space for a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. One of which was competing in the Fencing National Championships, and wanted to go to bed earlier than the rest of us. I don't know the square footage, but it was huge. The bedroom with 2 queen beds also had a computer desk along with standard dresser, night stand and flat screen tv. The other bedroom had one queen bed with standard furnishings. Both bedrooms had their own bathrooms. The kitchen area didn't have a table, but did have a breakfast bar with seating for 2, full size fridge with ice maker , 2 burner stove, microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot and dishwasher. Service for 4 and everything you'd need to cook. The living room area had kind of a chaise/sectional couch which could easily seat 4 or be an additional sleeping space if needed. (and of course a 3rd flat screen tv) The pool was warm. There was some remodeling going on, our floor was having the hallways re wallpapered, but it didn't interfere with our stay. Breakfast was good, the weekday socials, not as tasty, but nice to have it available. All of the staff and contractors where very friendly. And the beds were very comfortable, we all slept well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I spent a week here for work. My first time at a Staybridge Suites hotel.

I arrived early and the young lady at the front desk found me a room. She wanted to keep me off the front of the hotel because of the road and airplane noise. So I got a room in the corner of the courtyard.

The rooms are a little dated, but they are clean and comfortable. The air conditioning is awesome and was needed due to the 90 degree temps that week.

My second night there I had a room issue that was not under the control of the hotel. I went to the front desk at 11 pm and they found another room for me two doors down. It was awesome that they could do that because I was told they were full. The important thing is, they took care of the issue.

The breakfast and the people running the breakfast area are very nice. There was always waffles and some form of eggs. The breakfast was fresh and filling, and the coffee was always good.

The people at the front desk were awesome. Always willing to help and always with a smile on their face. They definitely know customer service.

The only issue I had was noise. Others had mentioned thin walls in their reviews. Well one morning I was sitting at my desk listening to the man in the next room on a conference call. He might as well be sitting in my room. I was on the second floor and there was lots of noise on the third floor. Lots of stomping around. Typically you should not hear that.

In addition to that, they were redoing the courtyard, so when I was there late a couple of mornings, I was listening to jackhammers. However i know that is a short term noise and will eventually end.

Overall, it's a good hotel. If you are there for a couple of days business, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at Staybridge for 6 days. Customer service was good. Cleanliness was good. The decor good. Decore was plain and comfortable. Hotel offered complimentary coffee and tea all day. Complimentary breakfast, dinner, and free beer and wine during the evening for about 2-3 hours. Breakfast and Dinner are not extravagant but suitable especially for buget travelers. Pool location was great. There was a subway and Mcdonalds within close walking distance. I did not see a sit down restaurant in close walking distance. Neighborhood is good and safe. I liked the amenities. Complimentary business center was great. I only disliked the shuttle service. The hotel offers free shuttle service to Columbus Airport but only in mornings and evening. Its limited hours so schedule your flight according.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I can say nothing but great things about they have a friendly staff, clean hotel with a good simple breakfast. My sister and I were there helping an elderly aunt. We had to stay an extra night and they were booked but helped us find other hotels in the area with rooms just in case they did not get a cancellation. Thankfully a cancellation came in and we were able to stay. Price is reasonable based on the accommodations in my opinion. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel over the other one I was considering because it stated they have a hot tub as well as a pool. There is no hot tub so we about froze trying to use the indoor pool and the kids couldn't stay in as long as they wanted because of it. Probably won't be back... The whole point of our stay was for the pool/hot tub.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emili P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Emili P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It seems that a misunderstanding about our pool area did not make your stay enjoyable. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Kind Regards,