Groveport is not a nice area, this section in particular. I used to live in a townhouse on this same road. Got robbed BTW and left when I saw it was going downhill. I chose to stay here when visiting a friend because I'm not very familiar with the rest of Columbus. It is further back from Hamilton Road and had mostly good reviews, so I chanced it. I was surprised at how well the hotel is maintained. Staff was very friendly. Was surprised at how many families there were. Thought it would be mostly business people and such. I didn't feel comfy walking to nearby restaurants even with my male friend with me. I really don't care what section you are in; the nice areas are either very isolated or adjacent to high-crime areas. Even though this hotel is well-lit and the employees keep their eyes open, there are sketchy people hanging about esp when evening comes. The back door was broken so anyone could enter. There was a sign up not to use it but I did because I wanted to park in the back lot behind my room so I could keep an eye on my car.
Why anyone would take kids there, I don't know. That was one reason why I chose it, because I thought if visitors knew anything about Groveport, family types would stay away. Columbus has never been a family-friendly place. It's good if you don't plan to stay long and just want a basic place to sleep. There isn't much to do in that area - if I knew more about the southwest side of Cbus and there was more lodging over there (It's more rural.), I would've gone with that. The actual town of Groveport is small and much safer than several miles north where the HI Express is. Too bad there is not much down there. The closest mall is the ghettofab Eastland Mall, a very-high crime area. Refugee is closer to the hotel than that, and is even worse. I was so bored while my friend was at work that I ventured down there. Was solicited in the parking lot (at 10:30 in the morning, no less). Good to know things haven't changed.
I can't in good faith recommend this hotel to anyone based on the location. I would definitely chose this chain again, but when in Cbus again, I'll spring for a higher-cost room closer to Easton or the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built Holiday Inn hotel located in the thriving South East district of Columbus. only 2 miles from Rickenbacker International Airport, 5 miles to Grovecity and Berliner Park, and 10 minutes from OSU campus and downtown Columbus! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Columbus Southeast
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast Hotel Columbus
- Holiday Inn Groveport
- Groveport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast Ohio