“Wonderful staff and an amaznig stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Ranked #58 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Such a friendly, clean environment. Nathan Harmony was very helpful and accommodating to my husband and I. I would recommend this hotel for any traveler or anyone who needs a night out! Also has an amazing breakfast and maid service. Perfect hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Em A
palmtreeColumbus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you for you kind comment and for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My family and another parent stayed at this property last weekend (April 5th) for a basketball tournament. We both had a good experience and our son's loved the pool/hot tub! Breakfast was great and had a good variety of items to get us started for the day. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a king with a sofa bed and the other person had 2 queens, our room had a microwave and a refrigerator but the 2 queen room did not, I guess it is on a first come first serve basis, which is crazy to not have one in every room?! I loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries; it was a nice touch than just standard hotel toiletries. The beds were super comfortable!!.. But otherwise a great stay and we will be back if we are ever in the area again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We are Priority Club members and always stay in Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express when we travel. This place had 4 issues that were a problem. First, the bed was not the usual comfortable bed - it was as hard as a board. Second, the fan motor in the window heater unit was faulty - it would make an extremely loud noise for the first 5-10 seconds that it started. The temp outside was near freezing and so the unit kept coming on about every 20 min, so our sleep was interrupted. Although the unit had a setting for continuous fan, it appeared to have been disabled, so we had to endure the intermittent loud noise. Third, there was no way to sleep in in the morning because of the poor noise insulation (and I do not think the neighbors were being particularly loud). Fourth, the toilet in the woman's restroom in the lobby had no soap in it, and the toilet handle was broken and could not be flushed.
The spa / hot tub was nice (although there was a leak in the ceiling dripping onto the pool deck, that likely would have to wait for a thaw and I am not counting that as a fault).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank edb319
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to submit your review of our hotel. We love to hear feedback from our guests so we can improve our hotel and ensure other guests do not experience the same inconveniences. I would first like to apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We take our guests comfort and enjoyment very seriously. I have already spoken to the maitenance manager and he has looked at and repaired the window unit so this problem does not occur again. I am sorry that due to the fan and noise from your neighbors that you were unable to rest comfortably. As for the women's restroom, another guest brought the broken handle and empty soap container to the attention of the front desk agent and it was repaired that afternoon.

Again, I thank you for informing us of what prevented you from experiencing the normal Holiday Inn Express brand standard. We have gladly taken care of these issues and hope that if you return to the Columbus area you will give us another chance to WOW you.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Traveled into Columbus for a weekend wedding. Made online reservations to stay at this hotel which advertised "Best pet friendly hotel in Columbus"; however, the new owner changed that policy but not the website. We were worried that we would have to leave and find another hotel that would accommodate our family and small Yorkie. The owners honored our reservation without hesitation (+15 per day pet fee). The room was nicely updated. Very clean. We received a courtesy phone call to the room just to see how we are doing. The lobby has a luxury decor and a small fireplace sitting area. Although we did not use, the pool and hot tub passed the clean site inspection. The room with the King and pull out sofa is a large room. Desk, refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv (32inch), and coffee pot. The bathroom has a long counter - plenty of room for getting ready. The hallways are clean, as well. Neutral smell. Some hallways reek of wet carpet- but not here! Parking lot well lit. Neighborhood nice and spread out. Restaurants, grocery and pharmacy near. Close to main roads. We drove by the downtown Columbus Holiday Inn Express which sits among the high rise buildings. I am glad that we did not stay at that location which is surrounded by metal fencing for a reason, I'm sure!! If we return to the area for a visit without our dog, this is the hotel we will stay at again. Well-pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer. I apolgize that the website you were looking at still advertised us as a pet-friendly hotel. We have since contacted that website to update our information. It was our pleasure to accomodate your family and your pup! We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Got a fast and early check-in on a very cold Christmas Day from a very customer-focused front desk staff. Armed with two bottles of water, proceeded to room already warmed to a divine 70 degrees and looking pristine, comfortable and nicely appointed. Had a fridge for the water. Had lots of hot water and good water pressure and nice variety of bathroom amenities. Enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning and the general low key, quiet vibe of this place. Will absolutely return again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am pleased to see that you received top notch customer service from our front desk personnel and that you geniunely enjoyed your room! I hope that you will return soon to Holiday Inn Express Columbus Southeast!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I spend over 180 days a year in motels and have been doing this for about 14 years so I do know alot about motels and I have to say that this is my favorite it is not the newest or fanciest ( not saying its not nice) you will not find better people anywhere,everybody here goes out of their way to make your stay the best it can be I stayed twice this week and may be back next week or it may be a month or two before Im back I never know my schedule till it happens but one thing for sure when I do return I feel like Norm from Cheers " everybody knows my name" If you want a nice well kept clean comfy place at a descent price with the absolute best people then this is your place...

Room Tip: they are all good...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your experience with Holiday Inn Express Columbus Southeast. We love that you feel welcome and comfortable while you are with us. We enjoy having repeat guests and take pride in remembering them each time they walk through our doors! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Extra nice and clean rooms comfortable beds, great breakfast, very nice pool and hot tub, Friendly employees,Nathan at the front desk was very friendly and helpful at the check-in. It was a relaxing experience. Nice, quiet, and clean!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
palmtreeColumbus, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We work hard to ensure our guests experience top-notch customer service while they are with us, and it is so nice to hear when our goals have been met. We hope that you will return to Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Southeast if you visit the Columbus area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast? Share your experiences!