“Excellent place to stay with a family”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #90 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was my first time to stay at Extended Stay America and I loved it. Room ambience was superb, kitchen and fridge plus cooking pans in the room, couch/bed for a third person. Location was near everything I needed:highway for quick exit and entry, malls for grocery and window-shopping..my wife and daughter loved it too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the center court are more quieter and second floor best positioned for easy entry and e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Samson - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. It's great to hear that our hotel met the needs of you and your family so well. We thank you for your additional comments about your room and the amenities we offer. These comments are of great value to future guests of our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was my second stay here. First one was not too bad as I understood it was more a long stay hotel. Hence the extended part of the Hotels name.
However on this stay things were terrible. First the room had these small bugs in the bathroom. I was only staying one night so never called down to reception.
Second this room could have used a major make over. It was worn and dated 10 times worse than the room I had previously.
Doubt I would try to save a few dollars by staying here again in the future.
Oh and what they put out in the morning I would not classify as "Breakfast".

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Gerald - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your most recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response, I have met with our housekeeping team to review proper cleanliness standards and am working with the maintenance team to repair items in guest rooms as needed.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Feedback such as yours is imperative for our home office to help identify hotels in need of improvement. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel is close to the freeway, restaurants, and mall. Took me 15 minutes to get to downtown Columbus for a conference. The staff were friendly and the place was clean. I loved having a small kitchen and a fridge to store my food and drinks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and our hotel convenient.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Booked only a day ahead on Hotwire and got a very good price. The room was not all that big, but it did have a small kitchen complete with stove/oven/microwave. I'd say it's approx 15 years old. The area is just loaded with all kinds of local restaurants and of course, the usual franchises.
The staff was friendly and worked hard to be of service. The daily breakfast consists of muffins, instant oatmeal, coffee, juice, etc. Not exciting, but gets you started w/o an empty stomach.

Room Tip: If you want to cook and need groceries, there's a Kroger's not even a mile down the road to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel fit your needs so well. We appreciate your comments and hope you will choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.

Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Lucked into this on a blind booking on Hotwire. Only $50. Vs $250. Really!!
Here three nights for conference and working out fine. Miss daily housekeeping but that's trivial. Room and property in general bright and clean. Great location right off interstate with plenty of fast food and sit down restaurants. Two minute drive to Hilton for conference sessions. Room is smallish, but has full size fridge, sink, two burner stove, dishwasher and microwave. Towels are clean but thin. Only real negative is small desk.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our hotel was able to accommodate your needs so well. We take great pride in offering clean, comfortable rooms at a great value. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with other potential travelers. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed at this Extended Stay after checking out early from the Best Western Plus about 15 minutes south. I wish we had stayed here from the beginning! The hotel was VERY clean, and the front desk attendant was extremely nice. The room we stayed in was great. It had a full kitchen and a DVD player. It was quiet and we felt very safe. It was in a great location, and we could walk to many places. The only thing that would make it better would be if they had an indoor pool. I would highly recommend the Extended Stay to anyone traveling in the Columbus area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AAB127
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear AAB127,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay in Columbus was enjoyable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Fantastic value!! Andrea leads a great staff that is very much customer focused. Very convenient location - next to Polaris Mall and many restaurants. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We have stayed at this hotel three times - the second time was for seven months. We would stay here again and I recommend this hotel to our traveling customers. Great hotel!!!

Room Tip: Call hotel directly and talk to helpful staff. Rooms on 1st and 2nd floor are non-smoking. Laundry...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Butch C
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Butch C,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. It's great to hear that my staff and I took such great care of you during each of your stays with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to seeing you again in the future!