“Not great”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #88 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The room was a little too small for a Queen bed (!). Room had a funky smell which might have been cleaning solution or the leftover aroma of a Curry dish.
The 'grab and go' breakfast wasn't expected to be much and yet still managed to fall short of expectations.
On a positive note, we left a couple of bags in the room when we checked out and the front desk promptly called us back before we had left town.

Room Tip: I have had a couple of deals through hotwire that were very satisfying and others that were disappoi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. I am sorry to hear of the odors in your room. We have shared your comments with our team will continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cpl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I wrote a review in Mar 2012, and I am still here for business travel. Many things have changed -- for the better, and things were good before! Exterior painted and new signage, upgrades on laundry facilities and more. So, the hotel is doing well. What I did not mention was location, location, location: very convenient for Magic Mountain, auto shows (there were 30 corvettes in the parking lot last night) along with walking distance to Target and Panera with Cabelas, Polaris Fashion Mall, and Costco nearby. People also stay here for the annual Arnold Schwarzeneggar Sports Event due to easy freeway access.
@Reviewer below who asked about "when will it be clean" ... I have to mention: that is about some of the customers who come through, not the staff. This Extended Stay America is cleaned top to bottom daily and in rooms regularly, even by request, if desired.
At 19 months onsite (and counting), I have been pleased with the overall service. Oh, and new flat screen TVs!

Room Tip: The swimming pool is seasonal outside (which is better in my opinion). No restaurant internal, howe...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Found this hotel with Hotwire. Wasn't sure about the booking after notified that was the hotel I booked. Had a girls weekend planned. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay. While not the Sheraton, or not have as many anemities of other hotels, it was definetly a nice, reasonable place to stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was my first time to stay at Extended Stay America and I loved it. Room ambience was superb, kitchen and fridge plus cooking pans in the room, couch/bed for a third person. Location was near everything I needed:highway for quick exit and entry, malls for grocery and window-shopping..my wife and daughter loved it too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the center court are more quieter and second floor best positioned for easy entry and e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Samson - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. It's great to hear that our hotel met the needs of you and your family so well. We thank you for your additional comments about your room and the amenities we offer. These comments are of great value to future guests of our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was my second stay here. First one was not too bad as I understood it was more a long stay hotel. Hence the extended part of the Hotels name.
However on this stay things were terrible. First the room had these small bugs in the bathroom. I was only staying one night so never called down to reception.
Second this room could have used a major make over. It was worn and dated 10 times worse than the room I had previously.
Doubt I would try to save a few dollars by staying here again in the future.
Oh and what they put out in the morning I would not classify as "Breakfast".

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Gerald - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your most recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response, I have met with our housekeeping team to review proper cleanliness standards and am working with the maintenance team to repair items in guest rooms as needed.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Feedback such as yours is imperative for our home office to help identify hotels in need of improvement. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This hotel is close to the freeway, restaurants, and mall. Took me 15 minutes to get to downtown Columbus for a conference. The staff were friendly and the place was clean. I loved having a small kitchen and a fridge to store my food and drinks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and our hotel convenient.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Booked only a day ahead on Hotwire and got a very good price. The room was not all that big, but it did have a small kitchen complete with stove/oven/microwave. I'd say it's approx 15 years old. The area is just loaded with all kinds of local restaurants and of course, the usual franchises.
The staff was friendly and worked hard to be of service. The daily breakfast consists of muffins, instant oatmeal, coffee, juice, etc. Not exciting, but gets you started w/o an empty stomach.

Room Tip: If you want to cook and need groceries, there's a Kroger's not even a mile down the road to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel fit your needs so well. We appreciate your comments and hope you will choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.