“Not up to Choice Hotel Standards”

Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris
Ranked #77 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Not up to Choice Hotel Standards”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Well, there isn't much I can say positive about this property. But one thing I can say is the staff is friendly and polite. That's it. It goes downhill fast.
Upon check out I was told that the type of room I reserved was sold out and I would be upgraded. Except the room I was given was actually a DOWN grade. And I was charged the original HIGHER price. As a Gold Choice Privilege member, I was pretty surprised that the reservation wasn't honored. It's like the Seinfeld episode, you have no problem taking the reservation you have a problem KEEPING the reservation.
The hotel is very VERY worn and dirty. The room was dirty. The pillows are HORRIBLE.
We were staying for two nights. After day one, the room was not made up by 4PM. That drives me nuts, and housekeeping made a bad call because they weren't busy at all day 2..
Worse STILL, housekeeping was at our door early day 2, are you checking out yet??? SO, you can't make up my room when I am staying over, but you are practically loading the car to get me out on day 2?
The breakfast is just as bad as people in earlier reviews stated. 1 type of cereal, the milk was out, no napkins at all either day, old nasty fruit.
The parking lot has garbage all over the outside...I have a hint for management, if you put garbage cans outside the building at the door, people probably won't leave their garbage on the ground.
Honestly, one of the worst I have been in, and I travel ALL the time.
Again, one positive, friendly staff. But not nearly enough to make up for poor condition of hotel.
Oh, one more thing...the walls are PAPER thin. Seriously, and this is crass but I have to be honest....I could hear the person above us using the bathroom....that's about as paper thin as walls can get..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Ringocam- I am the General Manager here at the Quality Inn & Suites and I sincerely apologize that your stay was not a great one! Most of our guests love our bedding package and say its one of the most comfortable they have ever slept on, so again I apologize that this did not meet your standards! I hope that you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you are in Columbus. We are getting ready to start a renovation, so that will remedy most of the issues you experienced and we will take into consideration adding more to the breakfast to make that a more enjoyable experience as well! Thank you for your comments as they give us a perspective from our guests and we want everyone to leave here happy and satisfied!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Upon getting into our room I noticed right away the sheets looking dishovled, I pulled back the comforter and found hair all thru out the sheets. Went to the bathroom there was hair in the tub, and mirror with spots on it. I went to the front desk and requested fresh linens and the tub to be cleaned, which the staff acted very promptly in doing so. But didn't seem too concerned about offering any compensation for us checking into a dirty room.
The next day coffee was not replaced and mirrors where dirty till the day we left.
Upon check out the manager asked if they could have done any thing to improve our stay , and afternoon I told her the laundry list, she simply responded, "oh, I'm sorry, have a good day .". Needless to say we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank shaila_e
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Good afternoon Shaila. My name is Robyn and I am the GM here at the Quality Inn & Suites. I do apologize for the issues that you had while you were here. Shaila, if you could please contact me via phone or email, I will be happy to discuss making this right for you. My email is: robyn@innvitehospitality.com or you can call me direct at 614-436-0556. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

The staff was fantastic and we were given a room extremely fast. The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The hotel is very convenient to everything without being too close to the traffic and city. Breakfast was okay, just wish it stayed open past 9:30. We had no idea and almost missed it. A few other guests did, and were not happy at all. Overall a very nice hotel without breaking the bank, which is an added bonus. Will be staying there again when we come through!

• Stayed June 2013
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Good afternoon Ashley and Happy 4th of July! Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely see what I can do about extending the time on breakfast to accommodate the guests that may want to sleep in since our beds and rooms are so comfy! :) We sincerely appreciate you and your business and hope to see you back real soon!

Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My name is Melissa Antonucci,
I came for a funeral and stayed 12 day's and the lady's Robin,@Lovley at the front desk went well over and above the
Customer service NEVER said no to any request l made and if they could not make it happen the found a referrel or someone who could.
I really thought with the professionalism in this staff was 5 star all the way, l have stayed at many nice hotels that are 5 star with awards and the custermer service just was not as genuine as this staff.
I give them a A....
Please stay at this hotel and just watch how they remember everyones name and wish you a good day good morning and say hello to you like its the 1st hello of the day...
Melissa

• Stayed June 2013
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Melissa-Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We are so pleased that we were able to make you feel at home at such a hard time with the funeral and such! We hope you will come back and see us if you are ever in Ohio!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Got this room for less than $60. For the quality of service and location, this was a great deal. As previously mentioned, this was built as a Microtel. As a result, the rooms are micro sized. There were two of us in the room, and had plenty of room to move about with our luggage. Breakfast offered a better than expected offering. Great value for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Deb I, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Cridenour5,

Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing comments on your recent experience with us at The Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris. It is our goal as a team to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I am elated to hear you enjoyed all the amenities provided to you as our guest. We look forward to having you with us again.

Best Regards,

Alie Morrison
Front Office Manager
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were at this hotel about 2 years ago,it was a Day's Inn.I call the phone number and found out it was now a Quality Inn..Well we were near Powell and a very dear friend that was on her way to re-locate and we wanted to see her once again beforeFla. was her new home..So we booked a room near the front and on the first floor..Miss Lovely was on staff when we arrived and the room was 110% better than when we stayed before. The bed's were out of this world and our room came with a frig and microwave NO EXTRA COST!!! Breakfast was much more than we expected waffels, bisquits and gravy, eggs, cereal,juice and a whole lot more,the young lady in charge of it kept everything full and hot. EXTRA PERK>>coffee and hot water for tea every nite.Robin also helped when I needed a quilt as I'm always cold it was fluffy and toasty for me..while my husband enjoyed the A/C the room was very large and the window seat nice space..THANK'S EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT SERVICE AND STAY>>See you again soon..

Room Tip: We needed a first floor room due to walking problems and we were just around the corner and very qui...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Rosemarie- Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and noticed some of the changes that we have made and will continue to make to make this a hotel that exceeds every guest's expectations! We hope to see you back soon!

Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I came in for 2 nights for business, it is a great location, walked to dinner last night! Hotel is really clean, I was very happy and comfortable in my room. It is a smaller then normal, however did not bother me as there was plenty of room for my things and for me to work at the small desk. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in, very happy with my stay for the price. ALL of the staff was so nice!

Room Tip: Great for business travelers, comfortable and great value!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Deb I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Chriss6110,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris. I am so glad that you were impressed with your accommodations. I am glad that you were also able to enjoy our amenities; Helpful & Professional staff members. Thanks again for the positive review and your kind words about our hotel and our staff.

Best Regards,