“Home away from home.”

Ranked #76 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Memphis, Tennessee
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The name says it all. Most what you are expecting from hotels is the quality of service. What we have received was quality of service with human face. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were willing to respond to everyone's need. Zoey and Ryan treated me and my wife with respect and personalized service. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn and Suites North Polaris. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to share. Have a great day, and we hope to again serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Paducah
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Brekfast starts too late, average service, we expected little too much being choice hotel group. No elevator is very difficult for parents with kids, and also with old parents..
This motel does not even have a swimming pool. I never knew quality inn does not have swimming pool.. I personally booked my room based on my
2-3 typical requirement.
Swimming pool.. Breakfast and clean room... Room
Was clean but bathroom was tooooo small.
I would think before I book this hotel agian!!

• Stayed August 2014
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about our property. In your comment you indicated you were not satisfied with the bathroom size and lack of swimming pool. We are excited to report we are renovating our rooms to include more space. Our intentions in constructing a swimming pool are still good as the plans are drawn. We appreciate us allowing to serve you, and we hope to serve you in the near future. Thank you again for your comments, and have a great day!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Unresponsive, bad approach to business travel. Asked for help in reservation change, was lied to, spent two months resolving. They don't answer their phone. The people are not helpful. I am very unhappy with this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Etain5
Michael B, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking time to provide feedback in regards to our property. We appreciate your comments as we strive to better ourselves. I apologize for falling short of your expectations and in doing so we did not meet our own. If there is anything else we may do for you please do not hestitate to ask. We hope to better serve you in the future. Thank you and, and have a great day!
Ada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is not near Polaris. Also, the queen suite is not a suite type room. The room was very small, room enough for only a queen bed. There were no sitting chairs, only an office type of chair next to a wall mounted type of desk that had a refrigerator and microwave at arm length away from chair. Very cramped quarters, but a clean place to sleep. Walls must not have any sound insulation...towels are the type you get at a budget type hotel, but the price was not really budget price... Must have been bad timing with jacked prices for start of Ohio state fair.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
David,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to provide our property with feedback. We always strive to better our service and product. In your post you indicated you were dissatisfied with the size of our guest rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are very excited about our upcoming renovation in which we will combine several of our single queen rooms. Thank you again for your positive feedback, and we hope to better serve you in the future.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here 2 years ago and had a great room on the second floor so I thought I would stay in this hotel again. This year I had a mediocre room on the first floor. The hallway smelled of cigarette smoke and BO, and the room smelled musty. On my second day stay, I got a call around 9am saying that TERMINEX was needed to come in my room and spray because they recently had a spider probably.... WAIT, WHAT?! Sure the spray was organic and didn't smell, but come on! Why would they put someone in that room until it was 100%? The staff was nice and the breakfast was ok. I guess the hotel is what you expect for $80-$90 a night. My biggest complaint was the smell of the hallway, the room, and the Terminex issue. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here unless they are on a tight budget like I was. Very disappointed this time compared to my last stay in August of 2012.

• Stayed July 2014
Deb I, Sr. Vice President at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have a monthly service with Terminex to prevent any unwanted pest activity in our hotel. We pay for the service to assure that all rooms are serviced each month including common areas and breakfast area.

We are a non smoking hotel. Unfortunately there are guests that do violate the policy. We will immediately remove a guest that we find smoking in any of our rooms and they will be charged a substantial fee for special cleaning.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Winchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice, clean, quite hotel. When we first arrived there seemed to be some tension between the gentleman and young lady regarding our rate. I had called earlier and was given a price but when I arrived the gentleman told me it would be $30.00 more, it was resolved with no issue. Detour around hotel was a little annoying but no fault to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had high hopes for this place when I read the recent reviews. They had mentioned that the hotel had undergone a management change in the last year. Unfortunately, my family and I were unimpressed.
When we arrived, we noticed a musty smell in the hallways. When we arrived in the lobby, there were two people on duty, but one was working with another customer. The second one ignored me and I had to wait until the first person was finished before I was even acknowledged. A simple "Hello, I'll get to you in a moment" would have greatly improved the first impression.
On our walk to our room, we noticed several doors to staff only areas propped open. In one doorway we saw a dingy mechanical space and further down we saw the propped open door to the housekeeping carts. Inside the housekeeping area we saw the area unkempt and with bags of garbage being stored there. I understand that sometimes work areas have to be accessed, but leaving them open for guests to see is very off putting.
The hallways and stairwell smelled of cigarette smoke and the door at the end of the hallway was broken. The door's lock was broken and other guests had propped open the door with a rock to allow access. This, in of itself, was pretty bad, but I noticed that the door was visibly damaged on the bottom which clearly showed that this situation has been going on for a long time.
The room was fair except that there were real problems with the details. Half of the lights in the room were out. The bathroom was superficially clean, but I quickly noticed things such as rust stains on the toilet bowl, the sink was draining slowly and there was mildew in the joint between the bathtub and the shower wall tile. I had to clean off the mildew with paper towels before I could feel comfortable with the shower. I also noticed that the furniture in the room was distressed and was left to wonder what the mystery stains in the cushions were.
Ok, I only paid $78 for the room, but I was really hoping for better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family