“Great Stay”

Ranked #49 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the week of 9-11-13. When I was planning my trip most all the hotels were booked due to the World Soccer qualifications so this was not my first choice. This hotel was very clean, nice friendly staff. They have a dinner/happy hour and they only ask for a donation for beer and wine so not bad for a dollar drink. The room was very nice and clean, lots of room with ceiling fan in the bedroom. These rooms are like a small apartment with a separate bedroom and living room and small kitchen. I would definitely stay at this location in the future. Nice free breakfast and the staff is very helpful with cleaning tables and stocking breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Corvallis, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Excellent, very helpful staff. Comfortable, clean accomodations. Wonderful breakfast and evening receptions. Excelllent location for the business traveler. The airport is only five minutes drive or hotel shuttle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This is a an excellent hotel, the suite I had was perfect. Very clean, well set up with all the amenities including stove top, dishwasher, full size fridge, cutlery, plates, pots etc. the living room area is great, nice place to relax. The bedroom is very comfortable also, the bed is excellent as all Hilton beds are. Look forward to coming back for future business.

• Stayed September 2013
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A consequence of errant directions to the hotel, we arrived late and tired from our day's drive out of St Louis, enroute to Pirttsburgh. However, the Homewood Suites kitchen staff kindly prepared individual plates of food for us, even though the evening reception meal had concluded an hour earlier. It was so very much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is near the Columbus airport and has a convenient and quick-to-respond shuttle team. The staff was friendly and efficient. The location is near other hotels but still in a quite area. The rooms are well done and very clean. This is a very good option for anyone staying near the Columbus airport or having business anywhere in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MItravelerforbus
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in a 2 bdr suite for our family of 7 (+ 1 infant in his pack-and-play portable crib). We were visiting family in Columbus for a few days as part of a multi-city summer vacation road-trip.
When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was as friendly and helpful as can be. The room was very clean (and the cleaing service each day was nearly perfect as well). Beds were very comfortable. With AAA, we paid approx. $209/night for this room, which was a fantastic deal for what we got and the alternatives around Columbus. Note, also, that this area of Columbus is relatively centrally located for almost any area of interest (really makes anything worth going to a 20 minutes drive or less -- mostly less). We will definitely stay here the next time we travel to Columbus with the family.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite has two full baths (with tubs and shower) and comfortably sleeps 2 adults and 5 ki...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stay at many hotels, both for business as well as for personal travel. I have stayed at this property in the past and have been very pleased with the room size, amenities and service. My adult children and I stayed 3 nights so one of them slept on the fold out couch bed. Both the king sized bed and fold out couch bed were comfortable. The housekeeping service did a wonderful job of keeping the suite clean, and I was very happy with their service.

My problem came with the complimentary breakfast service, and I did not bring this to the attention of the management. The food is not well-labeled, and the utensils and condiments are not well-organized. They should have spoons next to yogurt, but I could not find any. When I asked the female attendant if she had spoons for the yogurt, she ignored me. So I looked around myself and found some near the cereal station. As I went to reach for one of the 3 spoons available, the attendant walked between my body and the spoon container so I stepped back until she passed and then I reached again to get my spoon. The next group of guests that came down were African American and this same attendant walked them to each station, opening each container to show them the different food items that were available, even going as far as to serve them. I was not rude to this lady and was really surprised at her change in demeanor when African American guests addressed her vs. when white guests did. I did not expect to be served, but I did expect to be answered when I asked a question.

Overall, the hotel is wonderful, and I think this attendant is not worth removing this hotel from my list of favorites in Columbus, Ohio. All of the other staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful, and I will stay here in the future. I will just bring my own spoon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family