“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #49 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
United States
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had never stayed at one of these hotels before so we were surprised at how nice it was. We checked out all the reviews and decided there were way more good ratings than bad and I'm glad we did. We have a child and he loved staying out in the living room by himself with his own tv and we loved the privacy of the bedroom and how wonderfully comfortable the bed and pillows were. The only complaint we had was that the hot tub wasn't working, but you would have thought the pool was the hot tub. It was extremely hot. Not refreshing at all. Other than that our stay was great. We also took the advice of others in staying on the top floor for quiet and we had no problems with noise. My son also loved watching the planes fly over us all day. My husband says we are only staying at Homewood Suites every time we are in Columbus to visit family.

1 Thank Correne M
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Homewood Columbus Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The only reason we stayed here was because we wanted 2 separate bedrooms. While several hotels offer suites in the area, this was the only one in close proximity to the airport that offered a living room, small kitchen and 2 bedrooms.

The hotel was simply okay. Average at best. Nothing incredibly wrong with it and nothing special. It could use a modern renovation as it seems dated. The beds were springy and I do not like springy beds. I was hoping for some plush bedding, but they were the average springy kind.

The front desk was kind and helpful. I had to leave for the airport at 430am. Since there was no shuttle, the hotel scheduled and paid for a cab ride. I thought that was very nice.

Besides the average beds, the room seemed pleasant, complete with a fireplace. But nothing too special here either.

I didn't eat here.

The only benefit of this hotel was the 2 separate bedrooms.

1 Thank blt3116
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback; We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Rockingham, Vermont
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Convenient to many places and so close to the airport. We were able to get to German Village, Easton, and OSU. it made an easy morning being able to get to the airport on a Monday AM without hassle and being able to sleep as long as possible.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here in May for a concert. Hotel and staff were great. We used the kitchen every night for dinner and ate the breakfast in the mornings. Stayed for three days and would definitely stay here again. Hotel was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

Seville, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I always reserve non smoking rooms because I have a very strong reaction to cigarette smoke. Upon entering room I immediately smelled the cigarette smoke and asked to be moved to a non smoking room(which I had reserved). I was told my room was non smoking and there were no other rooms to move to because they were booked for the week. I went back to the room and opened the outside windows to clear the smoke smell and then found three ash trays in the bedroom night stand. They reeked of smoke. I called and reported this and that there was smoke smell still very strong in the room. I was told again that there was nothing could be done. I ended up with irritated bloodshot eyes(which my clients noticed and commented on) and got a sore throat from breathing in the smoke smell that was in all the furniture and room. Very disappointed in being put in the smoking room and the unwillingness of the hotel to fix the issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank R Wayne P
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Jackson, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very nice hotel-exceeded my expectations. Will not plan to use shuttle service again. We waited at airport over one hour for a 5 minute shuttle ride to the hotel. The hotel uses taxi service for the shuttle service and it is extremely slow. I called the hotel 4 times to resolve the issue

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. It is our goal at Homewood Suites to make you feel at home and provide excellent service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we take our commitment to our Suite Assurance Guarantee very seriously. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Hollister, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here for several days to a week. I think it is an amazing value for the comfort, cleanliness and service that you get. The staff quickly met all our requests, the space is comfortable for 3, way better than queen beds in a single room. we had a family barbeque for 8 on a rainy evening under the gazebo that was facilitated by the maintenance men who turned on the gas early for us. A really comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family