“Outstanding site and service”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #13 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Hilton is a great place for meetings, leisure, eating and shopping. Regardless of weather, the hotel and surrounding retail complex have all kinds of activities. The Easton shopping experience is incredible, and all kinds of restaurants for formal or informal dining.
I love the indoor pool/hot tub setup at the Hilton. Comfortable and clean. Frankly, nothing better than sitting in the hot tub and watching it snow outside.
We have had some great meetings in the convention area, with excellent service.
This is a great hotel for all seasons and all reasons.

Room Tip: Small suites are very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was here over a weekend for a small convention that was held in the hotel meeting rooms. The rooms were nice and clean. Hotel staff was very accommodating. The location here is great. It is right across the street from the Easton shopping mall. I had a day here to kill before work started and was worried I would be bored but the shops are full of great restaurants, stores, a movie theater and even an arcade-style place. It was very family friendly during the day, but had plenty of bars that were open late for the adult crowd.

I didn't get to see much outside of the hotel/shopping complex so I am not sure how the surrounding area is, but this spot is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went for a 4 day family event. Nicest hotel in Columbus. Wonderful restaurants and blocks of shopping within steps away of the hotel.
Rooms were quite large, comfortable and sound proof. Beds were great!

Room Tip: There were no bad rooms from any family member we traveled with.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times for weekend getaways. It is the best with mild weather. The hotel is very nice and each time we get the breakfast buffet. It is very good with lots of choices. I love the omelets made to order. The hotel room is very comfortable, but we really don't spend much time in it. Within a short walk of the hotel is Easton Town center with lots of shopping, places to eat and a huge movie theater. That is the reason I said we like to go in nice weather. One time we went when it was raining and one time it was in the 90's. Just made it a lot less enjoyable to walk the shops and enjoy the entire area. If it is in the 50's,60's, 70's and dry it is perfect. Throw in a Buckeyes football game and you have a perfect weekend. The hotel has a nice restaurant and bar too for later in the evening. Fun place!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Not too sure about some of the shady, genetic reviews I read about this hotel by other reviewers, since I stayed there with a special rate for my daughter's volleyball team. Some reviews for this hotel sounds like it was written by their PR person or the GM's secretary!
As part of a large group checking in, the front desk staff's performance in handling our arrival and subsequent check in was, at best, mediocre; As our rooms were not ready for any of the team member families when we arrived, we were asked to stop by after four PM to see if our rooms were ready and saw several non-team guests check right after us without a hitch while we were waiting; one of our player's parents asked about paying the difference to be upgraded to club level and was given a flat 'no, you can't, all with an attitude in the voice of the operator over the phone, only to have the request fulfilled once at the front desk; at four pm I stopped by and was told our room was still not avaiable, and since it was past four, offered no amends for the 'inconvenience'; as I waited just a few feet from the Front Desk and seeing more new arrivals get their room for anothe half hour, our room was ready. I do have to say the front desk clerk who checked us out was efficient at handling our registration, with plenty of suggestions for us and personalizing our interaction and wishing our daughter luck in the tournament. For me, the check in is the most crucial part of our stay, and I grade the whole experience below par.
I don'( know when the reviewer that saud wifi was free in the lobby stayed, but it is $9.95 anywhere in the hotel for 24 hours. There are plenty of shops nearby that offer wifi for free, so it is always an option. I paid for one day and, as in most hotels, it was not fast at all.
I can say the room was large, beds ok, maids were sweet, bathroom big and confortable, gym and pool oK, and sice I did not eat at the hotel once except for their coffee shop in the lobby, cannot tell if food and service in the F&B outlets were any good. We were not allowed service at the sports bar when we arrived with our underage girls at the place at 830 PM since they have a "no under the age of 18 after 9 pm" even though the place was empty.
Weston has a lot to offer everyone so the locale is great.
Overall service was ok during our stay, but many of the staffkeep were from other countries and would not make eye contact when you went by them, os I agree that service training programs could hep, as well as efficient supervision.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank P L
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at the Hilton over the 4th of July Week. Felt the hotel was very dated and overpriced for what you got. One problem we had was that the shower drain did not drain properly. It seemed dirty as we were standing in a few inches of water while taking shower. It was also very noisy in the hallways while we were trying to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VacationTraveler_12
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed at the Hilton for a three day conference. Great employees from the Front Desk staff at check in to the food service staff. Every time I made eye contact with an employee I was greeted with a warm smile and a hello or how is your day. Room was quiet and very nice. Surrounding Easton had lots of great places to eat and great stores.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side with the parking garage so you can have covered parking and a shorter wal...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business