“Beautiful Place, Brunch overpriced”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #14 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We met friends for Sunday Brunch, billed as the best in the midwest. The food was good, unfortunately the service did not match the atmosphere and the food. The server kept walking away as we were talking to her. Mixed up some drink orders and was not terribly friendly. Might try it again if we are in town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experiences at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the Sunday Brunch and the surrounding ambiance. However, we were also disappointed to hear that the level of service you received was not satisfactory. We pride ourselves on the exceptional service and great product that we offer our guests. With that being said, please be assured that this matter will be addressed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope you will give us another chance next time you are visiting the area. Thank you for choosing Hilton Columbus at Easton, we wish you the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Amazing service, kind, knowledgeable staff, excellent food, service, and cleanliness, Great hotel !!!The front desk, bell, room service, concierge, wait help, servers in the main convention hall were also efficient, attentive, and courteous. Wonderful atmosphere for our convention. No loud blasting music, or annoying rock band noises interupting our solemn formal event. Very pleasing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We traveled for a few days to visit family in Ohio, but didn't want to stay with relatives. We have been to Easton before, which is a large high-end outdoor/indoor shopping complex, and we have seen this beautiful hotel before from the outside, but never the inside. Needless to say, it's just as beautiful and elegant inside.

The grand lobby is exquisite for a newer hotel, dripping with old-world charm and the air filled with piano music from the resident pianist. The staff is quite friendly and very international, which is a delightful surprise in Ohio. There's a bar in the corner of the lobby, as well as a small coffee shop tucked into another space, and then the check-in and concierge are to the right.

This is a very large hotel, so if you have trouble walking, definitely make sure to get a room close to an elevator.

Gym is medium-sized, but well-appointed and the equipment is in good shape. The pool is grand, like the rest of the hotel, and indoors. My son has some stitches, so we didn't try it, but it's just beautiful.

Rooms are nice, but typical hotel rooms, nothing spectacular. My only complaint is the shower velocity, which might be compared to a fire hose or water coming from the top of a dam and hitting you at the bottom. This is probably limited to my room, 232, so I wouldn't be worried that you, too, might end up at the wrong side of a firehose. Room service is quick, food good, and our server, Gigi, was just delightful. All the staff were delightful, in fact.

While the hotel is great, the best part is location: close to the airport and close to Easton. One of my favorite restaurants ever is Columbus's very own Northstar, which is a five minute walk from the room. I'm sorry to say I didn't try the hotel's food because Northstar is so close. But besides Northstar you have tons of higher-end chains, plus a great theater, Barnes and Noble, and all the shopping you could ask for right outside your door. If you want to take a shopping holiday, this would be hard to beat. Don't forget to get ice cream at Jeni's while you're here, too, since it's the best in the country.

We'll definitely be back when visiting family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experiences at our hotel with us. We greatly appreciate your excellent and inclusive review. We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We are also grateful for your feedback regarding the shower pressure. Please be assured this matter will be addressed immediately. Thank you for choosing Hilton Columbus at Easton, we wish you the best and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A great area to stay, with lots to do. The people are friendly, hospitable and polite. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!! It is great for a group of friends, with family or if you're flying solo!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The staff made check in to the hotel very seamless and easy. We got to our room only to be pleasantly suprised with a great view of Easton and a clean(very) room. We were vacationing mixed with my work which the business center allowed me to do. I had anything I needed for a local office at my disposal. The room was quiet and clean.
We utilized the fitness center and the pool daily and was impressed. The only issue I had in the fitness room was the lack of towels at times. The pool area and the spa were terrific. Quiet and relaxing.
The staff: Saba in the coffee shop was so friendly. A great addition to my mornings. Tony at the front desk was so nice. Brenda who cleaned my room was so nice and friendly. The man at the door who helped me with my bags (didnt catch his name) but he was great. All of these people made my week at your hotel so lovely and one I can't stop talking about.
The beds were comfortable as was the entire room. Bathroom was spacious and the heated non fog mirror was GREAT!!!
I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank courtneylynn7
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband took me here for a night out for my birthday. From the outside, the hotel is beautiful, the lobby-very fancy. When we got to our room, the wall paper is so busy, we got dizzy. For $200 a night, I would think the room could be a bit bigger. We could hear everything the people in the next room were saying. No free breakfast, the pillows were so uncomfortable, we got up at five am and went home. It just wasn't the romantic time we expected. : ( It is very conveniently located though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct this situation. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing Hilton Columbus at Easton and we hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We drove to Columbus after the wedding to visit OSU, where my wife went to school. Arriving at the Hilton, I could tell this would be a far better experience for us. The facility is beautiful, and the service from the staff was great throughout. We quickly checked in and headed up to a beautiful room with flat screen and upgraded interiors. The location is perfect too; right on Easton campus for maximum shopping and dining options.

We did the breakfast buffet, which was ample and reasonably priced, especially for kids. The pool and gym are excellent.

Can't imagine anyone being disappointed staying here.