“Great Hilton near restaurants, shopping, airport”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #12 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Hilton near restaurants, shopping, airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a fairly new Hilton and it has one of the better lobby bar/restaurants I've experienced when staying at Hilton brand hotels. The location is great - within walking distance of dozens of chain restaurants attached to a local mall complex. The room was great - no issues.

My only complaint was the sports bar which smelled extremely moldy. Something was obviously wrong and I brought this to the attention of the management.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
bucyrus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I received a gift of a weekend stay from our girl in the Marines stationed overseas. Upon arrival went to our room and settled in. My wife made me a cocktail from some very old bottle of Bourbon, a gift from my two other daughter's. We went down to the lobby to view the menu for the evening dinner,and was accosted by a man who asked if my glass contained alcohol. I answered yes, and he began to chastise me for not obeying hotel policy. I was not aware of the hotels policy that you may only drink alcohol that you bring in your room.
I told my wife I thought this as rude, as our plans were dinner and drinks at the restaurant later that evening, so I went to the front desk to ask about this policy. The manager informed me that the man who had talked to me was the Food &Beverage manager and the policy was correct. My wife became upset that we were accosted but not an entire group that got off the elevator with red solo cups with alcohol in them ( yes we asked if they were cocktails and they said sure)
At around 10:30 we return from a movie and as we got in bed we saw that the message light on the phone flashing. I called the front desk and they said they needed another credit card because the one I had given them was declined.....it ended in 2803 .None of my cards end in this number, nonetheless I had to get dressed and give them they same card I gave at check in . This upset my wife because it "ruined the moment " by the time I returned.
We had intended to stay at the hotel for dinners and drinks for the entire stay, instead we spent nearly $700 in two days elsewhere. I will not recommend a hotel that worries about dimes instead of dollars.....our stay was unpleasant at best. My policy is not to upset my wife because she gets upset and tends to stay that way awhile. The $8 you may have charged for the cocktail I brought with me ruined an anniversary worth a lot more !
Other ratings? Spa full of small kids for both days....no adult swim/spa time....spa Luke warm....shower drain plugged /slow showered with water at ankles.... valet parking uses all the closest parking why?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jack a
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear valued guest, I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special occasion as your anniversary and sincerely apologize that we were not able to deliver what you expected. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience while staying with us. I am so sorry if our current policy inconvenienced you in any way. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.
Mequon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

the hotel was beautiful, the location right by the mall was expeceptional, walking distance to any and every store you could think of, Ceoper's Hawk, Cheesecake Factory, etc. The room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

San Rafael, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I wanted a hotel close to the amazing Easton mall and the airport so I could make an early flight no problem. This property was both. The lobby is grand and makes you feel like your at Versaille or something! The rooms are new, clean, comfortable, and quiet. I didn't get to eat there since all the offerings of the mall were right there- but I bet the food would be fine. The staff was great if not a bit formal for Ohio, but better to ere on that side! The only problem was my room felt like a half mile walk from the lobby since the hotel is so big. I tried to stay there again on another trip but it was full, I guess they use all those rooms!

• Stayed November 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Another excellent 4th of July stay at the Easton Hilton. Can't think of any complaints - the pool and hot tub were excellent and its location is perfect with everything right across the street. Easy self-park with the side entrance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary W
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Beautiful hotel, conveniently located at Easton Town Center. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Stayed in a Club Level room and enjoyed the morning breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres (enough food for a meal) at the concierge lounge. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Medina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I rate this as a top notch hotel. It was an amazing experience. If you are taking your little girls to the American Girl Doll store at Easton in Columbus, Ohio this is the place to stay. They will love it and you will too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family