“Thank Goodness for Valet and Bellmen”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Thank Goodness for Valet and Bellmen”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Not many " franchise" hotels...especially located at a shopping mall, will bless their guests with a Front Door Valet and Bell Service here in the USA....BUT this Hilton does, thank goodness! Lots of friendly, helpful Staff as you walk in and make your way to the Front
Desk....It's a very busy and often booked location, due to its proximity to the Easton Shopping Center, American Girl Store(which is this Hotel's special partner, Ahum...) and several colleges and universities, including the Ohio State University.

Versus the Courtyard Marriott at Easton...located at the opposite end of the Center, the Hilton is cleaner, more spacious rooms with better quality towels and sheets....But you pay more to stay here...

My recent stays in USA have left me with a the impression that Hilton brand Hotels are more consistent in the comfort and cleanliness categories than the Marriott chain, which seems to be showing its age and suffers from franchisees who are too cheap to keep up with the competition.

Room Tip: I always avoid elevators and ice machines....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Staying at this hotel for the first time as my usual is fully booked. Easton is a really nice part of town, plenty of places to shop and eat, it's close to the airport and walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

Hotel is starting to get a bit tired, gym is quite small, but there is an indoor swimming pool. I believe the hotel is getting a make over in 2014.

Wifi is not free, which I find amazing, if you stay at the hilton garden inn, you get free breakfast and wifi, why can't Hilton do the same?

Room Tip: I ended up with a disabled persons room, shower is no good but the room is massive
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I had to work in Columbus for a couple of days, so I brought my mother and daughter for a couple days of shopping, good food, pedicures, etc. at Easton while I worked a few miles away. They had a great time as the hotel is steps away from the wonderful Easton mall. No need for a car for them. Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New Carlisle, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We are staying at the Hilton now. We were greeted by every staff member that we encountered from the moment we pulled into valet service, to the check in desk and all along the way til we made it to our very clean, nicely decorated room. We have a sixth floor room with a view of Easton Center, which is very pretty when lit up at night. The lobby is beautiful, comfortable and large. I noticed groups meeting there in the sofa area which would be a perk if you were planning a group outing. The hotel is a great location if you're planning on doing some shopping at Easton. You can walk out the front doors across, the parking lot and shop for hours. There are many great places to eat as well. We made our way back to the hotel weary but rewarded by our shopping finds. Waiting for us after a long sgopping day was an extremely comfortable bed with fabulous pillows. The only two things I could say negative is that the hallway wallpaper is in need of updating and the hall is a bit noisy. Overall it is a beautiful, friendly hotel with location, location, location. We will finish up shopping tomorrow after we are well rested in our comfy room because you just can't do it all in a day.

• Stayed October 2013
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to provide us with an excellent comprehensive review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to help create positive experiences for you during your visit to Easton Town Center. I am also excited to tell you that we will be renovating all of our guestrooms and hallways beginning the summer of 2014. This will include getting new wallpaper! Thank you for choosing Hilton Columbus at Easton. We hope to see you back again soon for another fun shopping getaway.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My daughter is a senior at Ohio State University. As many college students suffer from burnout, I decided to take her for a get away night to get away from the college campus. We were able to park our car at The Hilton and walk anywhere at Easton for shopping! The service was wonderful at the Hilton where room service delivered us whatever we needed. The hotel was extremely quiet, which is exactly what my daughter needed! The room was spacious and very clean! Beds were very comfortable! I will definitely be coming back to the Hilton at Easton for my next shopping getaway weekend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Branchland, West Virginia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

There were the two families that always travel with us. We made reservations for the same hotel, Don't get me wrong, it was very nice, but a bit pricier than expected. $269.99 a night was STEEP!!! We could have traveled to Myrtle Beach for that. It was clean, nice and close to everything we wanted, so we paid it.
Our last night there, we allowed them to go to the indoor pool to swim. My middle child was great in the pool, but once she went to the hot tub.... And came out with whelps all over her. It scared all of us to death. Took my daughter to the front desk and they were more than responsive. I really appreciate all the trouble they went to for my girls1 thank you1

Room Tip: Get on front to see stores, get back to see vacant lot.. We got the Junior Suite - very nice, but y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for providing us with your feedback and reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding what happened in the hot tub. I am so glad that our team was able to respond quickly to the situation and I hope your daughter is doing fine now. We greatly appreciate you choosing Hilton Columbus at Easton. Our team wishes you and your family the best and we hope to see you back again soon.
West Chester, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Everything was of the chart, they treated us like we were royalty. All of this was done by the hotel and none of it was asked for. We would recomend this to anyone. They upgraded our room, gave us so many things we didn't even ask for, we were shocked at the hospitality and service. Thank you for a wonderful time. oh and the shopping was not bad either.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple