“Hilton standards but nothing really special. Great location though!”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Hilton standards but nothing really special. Great location though!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel in a bi-weekly basis and while I am a frequent traveller and a HHonors Gold member I was not really impressed with this property.

The location is outstanding, you can walk to a large mall with several good restaurants including PF Changs, McCormick and Shmicks, The Melting Pot, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

The HHonors lounge is a joke. Terrible quality food, very small. I decided that it is not worth to go there at all. The hotel restaurants are okay, but like I said above, you can get lots of choices within walking distance.

Parking is also a nightmare. People go to the mall and park at the hotel, so less space for hotel guests. Rooms are okay, a bit dated but like other reviewer said, I think it is their theme.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice clean and great staff the beds are comfy too. location next to the mall is also great! BUT it's not worth the money at all the lobby is dated and I'm sure that's the theme but still it feels dated not classic! Housekeeping wasn't there to clean the vomit in the elevator when I called and told them at 1 am and guess what suppose I found on my way back down at 6 am? Yes exactly. The rooms are EXTREMLY average and nothing of what you expect your getting I've stayed at the Hampton inn just 2 min down the road also a hilton it's much cheaper has free wifi and breakfast! This one tries to charge you for every little thing and after staying at so many hotels this doesn't give breakfast to keep the hotel resturaunt half way empty as they cater mostly to outside guests for breakfast and lunch and dinner what does that mean to you as a guest noisy lobby lots of people and expensive food. I won't stay here again the fact it's across the street from the mall doesn't really make a difference to me as the main part of the mall is a very big walking distance so ya ! Next time I'll stay at the Hampton inn ( stayed 17 nights in 2013-2012) or the new holiday inn express Easton very nice hotel half the price with wifi and breakfast anyways I hope this quick review helped hit like if it did happy holidays

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kalrasheed
Pickerington, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The rooms are such a disappointment. Very old looking and feeling. Drab furnishings and everything felt dated and old. The bathrooms are nothing to be impressed by and there is no refrigerator in rooms. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Kristin W
Michigan
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was very impressed by this HIlton's location, amenities, and overall value. The hotel is located right in the heart of the Easton Town Center, which is an exceptional outdoor mall. Visitors can use valet parking, or they can self-park, which is free -- and which is a real benefit if one is visiting Easton for shopping.

The room I stayed in was very well-appointed; it was just a standard King room, but the bath room had a great tub/shower combo, and lovely bathrobes. The TV selection was excellent; the room service food was of very high quality, and the service was superb. I wish that the room had had a mini-fridge, but otherwise, this was a great place to stay. It has a resort feel, which I appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chatto
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In the Fall of 2012, I provided a glowing review of the Easton Hilton Dining Room and the fine service and accommodations that my professional group and I experienced.

We enjoyed our reunion so much last year that we decided to return to this property for our 2013 luncheon gathering.

I used "Open Table" to make the reservation- both this year and last year. In both instances, I specifically requested the large round table in the center of the Dining Room.

In August of this year, when I made the reservation for October, I again requested the same round table.

Much to my dismay, upon checking in at the reception desk and giving my name as the group "hostess," I noticed that that particular table was occupied.

Politely, I told the staff that they should have accommodated our group at that table, especially since our reservation was confirmed by phone by a manager the day prior.

We then opted for a rectangular table by the window. Although this "alternative" seating arrangement was okay, it was not what we requested months ago.

It took several reminders to receive the proper number of menus for all six guests. One member of our group specifically asked to have her salad dressing on the side. This request was ignored and the salad went back to the kitchen.

Water glasses were not promptly filled, requiring yet another request of our server(s).

By far the most disappointing outcome of our luncheon was the addition of a 20% gratuity tacked-on to our checks.

I noted this last year in my review as my understanding was that a gratuity of that proportion was added to the bill for eight guests or more.

Last year, there were five guests; this year, there were six. C'mon folks... If you're going to implement a large-group-dining policy, at least be uniform and consistent. Most venues tack on 18% for large groups... a far more reasonable rate, in my view.

Service did not warrant the 20% level this time!

On a more positive note, the menu options are varied and impressive. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and portions were plentiful.

The mushroom soup laced with cognac was a big hit in 2012 and several ordered it again this year. Likewise, the Reuben sandwiches with french fries got rave reviews; and the signature salads were fresh and tasty.

Because some of our guests came from as far away as Colorado, we were able to linger in the Dining Room long past the kitchen closure at 3:00 p.m. That was a nice accommodation and gave us a chance to chat and catch up in a quiet and restful environment.

We decided to try the Easton Hilton Dining Room again next year as it has much to offer. This year was a bit disappointing; but we're hoping for a better experience in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Carrie R, Manager at Hilton Columbus at Easton, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thanking you for taking the time to share your recent experiences in The Dining Room and provide us with your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered during your meal. I am pleased that our Restaurant Manager was able to resolve these matters with you. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to Hilton Columbus at Easton’s The Dining Room and we look forward to hosting your reunion next year.
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I took my daughter and her friends to the American Girl store and stayed here one night. The service was outstanding. The location, adjacent to Easton shopping and dining, is perfect. The entire property is impressive (especially the indoor pool, if you ask my daughter!).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Not many " franchise" hotels...especially located at a shopping mall, will bless their guests with a Front Door Valet and Bell Service here in the USA....BUT this Hilton does, thank goodness! Lots of friendly, helpful Staff as you walk in and make your way to the Front
Desk....It's a very busy and often booked location, due to its proximity to the Easton Shopping Center, American Girl Store(which is this Hotel's special partner, Ahum...) and several colleges and universities, including the Ohio State University.

Versus the Courtyard Marriott at Easton...located at the opposite end of the Center, the Hilton is cleaner, more spacious rooms with better quality towels and sheets....But you pay more to stay here...

My recent stays in USA have left me with a the impression that Hilton brand Hotels are more consistent in the comfort and cleanliness categories than the Marriott chain, which seems to be showing its age and suffers from franchisees who are too cheap to keep up with the competition.

Room Tip: I always avoid elevators and ice machines....