“Friendly. But lacking.”

Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
New York City, New York
“Friendly. But lacking.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When we first arrived, the Valet was the most helpful (and the most friendly) of our trip, and I had high hopes for the hotel.

The front desk clerk was very knowledgable, and was very friendly. However, the hotel appeared understaffed as we waited several minutes to check in as the attendant took several calls in quick succession, answering a plethora of guest questions.

Finally allowed to check in, the process went smoothly.

Then, I asked for a nail file. She did not have one. She called housekeeping. They did not have one. She said they sold them in the store, but the store was closed.

I got to my room. The walls were paper thin, and the ladies in the next room were shrieking. I didn't bother to unpack. I marched right downstairs and got a new room (incidentally, one room over from the original). I still heard the shrieking, but it was more muted.

I skipped breakfast in the morning, so asked the restaurant if I could order a tea-to-go. It took two hosts and about three minutes for them to not be able to answer my question.

I left, and on my way out noticed the in-house "Starbucks." I waited in line for two guests ahead of me, but what seemed eons. The one person behind the counter was very slow, and while extraordinarily friendly, clearly had no skills to multi-task. I ordered a tea, which she painstakingly "made." In doing so, she dropped the tea bag string inside of the cup. Instead of fishing it out with a stick, or other utensil, she reached right into the cup. Ugh. I paid, thanked her (the line behind me was forming to a greater length), and poured it out in the parking lot.

The valet on the way out was friendly and skilled - the best valet service on our trip.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our family of four stayed for one night to surprise our daughter with a trip to the American Girl store (for her 7th birthday). We had a double room on the fifth floor. We really liked all the amenities that came with the American Girl package. At check-in they gave her the AG bed created for Hilton, then came cookies and milk, and finally turn down service. It was adorable.

We loved walking a few feet into Easton - what a great place to spend some time. :)

The indoor pool at the Hilton was fantastic - water was warm, heated room, and nice hot tub. It was gorgeous and clean.

All in all, this is a property I cannot imagine anyone having an issue with! Go! Have fun!

1 Thank sommerlovin
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose the Hilton Columbus at Easton because it was within walking distance to the American Girl Store. The room was clean comfortable and quiet. The television had a channel devoted to American Girl. No refrigerator, no microwave, no problem because everything was so close. Bathroom was well stocked with towels and toiletries. Breakfast was excellent. The staff could not have been nicer. The pool was large, warm and clean. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy. Parking was close and free. I would stay here again.

Des Moines, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Nice hotel and facility. Room size is large. Walls are a little thin as I could easily hear people talking, bathroom water in nearby room(s). Starbucks in hotel is nice. Great location next to excellent shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Lexington, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed at and the American Girl package we purchased made it even better. Upon arrival, our girls were excited to see the American Girl beds their dolls would get. This hotel is only a few minutes walk from both the American Girl Doll store (for the girls) and the Cheesecake Factory (for the moms), easy enough to walk back with many bags in hand. The hotel is beautiful and adds to the scenery of the trip. Everything from the front lobby to the rooms themselves have a certain charm that most hotels lack. The front desk staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and friendly. If you do have a problem they try to fix it quickly. The pool and hot tub are extremely nice and clean. The pool is large and will accommodate many people at once. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I loved the pillows. Rarely do you walk into a hotel floor and smell Clorox. During our trip we did, giving an immediate feeling of clean. The only thing I missed in our room was a small refrigerator and all the comforts of home would have been complete. I would definitely stay here again as it made my little girl have a birthday dream come true. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visited Columbus, Ohio for a short two day trip....shopping at Easton Mall with main focus on going to the American Girl Doll Store. Reserved the American Girl Doll package at the Hilton Easton Mall Columbus and it blew us away! The service is top notch, the hotel itself is extremely well kept and clean and the distance to Easton Mall is perfect. The staff made my daughter's feel special with their delivery of milk and cookies to the room, tucking in their American Girl Dolls for bed and the gift and letter that greeted each of them upon arrival was simply awesome. Our entire family truly enjoyed our stay....we will definitely be back. Best hotel experience we've ever had. Thanks Hilton Easton Mall!!!

Franklin, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel when were making a trip up the the American Girl store. The hotel staff did a WONDERFUL job making the girls feel special and adding lots of little touches for their dolls. Very good experience and would do it again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family