“The good, the bad, the ugly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton

Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The good, the bad, the ugly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The good: very friendly, helpful staff; close to I-70; safe, well maintained facility; near restaurants

The bad: housekeeping uses too many perfumed cleaning products or air fresheners; service road to hotel had not been cleared of snow/ice

The ugly: the walls are extremely thin; heard every conversation from adjoining rooms and people were just talking at normal voice level; also kept awake by person next door snoring...sounded like he/she was in our room

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ReiversGo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

As others have already stated, the staff at this hotel were absolutely amazing! The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated. The only caveat: I was in a room below people who sounded as though they were rearranging furniture until midnight. The front desk was helpful and accommodating in finding a reasonable solution. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a top floor. The rooms do not protect well from the noise above.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Without any doubt or second guesses, this was the friendliest staff I have personally EVER encountered at a Hampton Inn. The staff’s assistance (especially Ms. Martina Smith) is something you sometimes hear about but do not often see, the Hampton Inn is fortunate to have an employee of this caliber and expertise. I will stay there again when I travel to Columbus or if I am within 5o miles of Columbus, which is how pleased I was with my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Randy D
Macedonia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night while visiting our daughter. Unfortunately the hotel was overrun with a very large group of very loud, giggley, screaming tween girls who were very poorly chaperoned. Endured a frustrating night of broken sleep. However, the front desk was very understanding and sorry....they acted properly to make sure we went away satisfied. The property itself was spotless, but could use new bedroom furniture and mattresses. Lobby was updated, pool was warm.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
new london oh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

As always it was a great stay. The staff all know me and welcome me. This motel is like my home away from home. I pass a Holiday Inn every day that is closer to where I teach and evaluate. Easy to stay there......better to stay at Hampton. Thanks! L. Border

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stay here every time I visit Columbus. Hotel is 6-8 minutes from the Airport and finding the place is a breeze.
I visit our office in downtown and this hotel is between my work, and the airport. Lots of things to eat right around the hotel, so that's never a worry. The staff is great, during breakfast, everyone besides the lady working the breakfast is around asking how the stay was, offering me a small to go bag with water, I was really pleased. My only concern is I prefer a room on the first floor, the were busy so I was pushed to the third, but the room was quite nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Southern NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We always stay at a Hampton Inn on our travels and have never had a bad experience until the night we stayed here. First, we were never advised the pool was unavailable. Second, the heating unit in our room was very noisy and continued to run even when we turned it off. Third, the bed sagged in the middle and bounced around every time we moved. We were told there was no highway noise which was far from the truth. You can hear trucks and cars going down the hill next to the hotel all night long. I asked if there were trains behind the hotel and was told it was only a storage yard. WRONG! The freight train cars begin loading early in the morning. Breakfast was a disaster. The toaster did not work. The creamers were expired. The powdered eggs looked very unappetizing. We left without eating. I can't even say the place was clean because there was mold on the bathroom ceiling as well as some type of red stain. The only positive thing I can say is that the staff was very friendly. It felt like a hotel that would cost $29.99 not $100. With so many other Hampton options in the area, I would avoid this one and stay at another.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in the back that overlook the storage units and trains. Try to keep far from t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank russofSNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#94 of 143 in Columbus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus West

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton? Share your experiences!