“Couldn't be better!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Columbus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Concord, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I was attending the OVR Volleyball Tourney in the Convention Center. The hotel is ideally located directly accross the street. We were able to run back and fourth to the CC. The Hotel is also located near the North Market which offers some of the best values and freshest foods in town. The hotel is very clean and the employees are very friendly and are always looking out for your best intrest. There is so much to do around this location that your room will hardly get used. We will always stay in this location when in Columbus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Toledo, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A very clean, roomy hotel with a great location to the Convention Center. We stayed during prom season and the noise from outside was so loud we could not sleep. Unfortunately the staff could do nothing, so a nice stay turned very unpleasant quickly. The breakfast was great but we were too sleep deprived to enjoy it properly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Michael L
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was an extremely nice hotel, with very friendly staff, and a great breakfast. I liked the layout of the rooms, which where modern and very clean and, I would recommend highly. Great location right downton next to Nationwide Arena.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for my daughter's wedding. I can not adequately describe how helpful and wonderful the staff was at this very stressful time. First, I needed to come to Columbus early to help out with last minute plans and unfortunately could not get a room at this hotel as my daughter booked the block of rooms for only 2 nights. Not a problem, I stayed elsewhere. The morning before the day of the wedding I had to check out of my other hotel and inquired if I could have an early check in at the Hampton and they very nicely obliged. Upon my arrival the valet parking was full but they advised me to park at metered parking which was not a problem except I had several items to carry, of which they offered to call a bell hop and I accepted. Out came Clifford. Clifford was the most enjoyable person I have ever come in contact with. By the end of our 2 nights he knew all of our names, offered any assistance that was needed and was just an overall delight. My stress immediately vanished every time I saw him. My other children even missed the complimentary breakfast but Clifford fixed them a plate so they could eat before driving home. I am always pleased with Hamptons but I will be staying here the next time I am in Columbus, the staff is pleasant and accomodating which makes the stay extra pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank snicks5
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I want to note that this hotel has a lot going for it. The location is excellent-- near campus but not too close, lots of interesting restaurants and shops in easy walking distance. Our room was very comfortable and had an interesting view looking up High St. The complimentary breakfast buffet was extensive, fresh and actually hot. The front desk staff were unfailingly friendly. However. We left our room at about 10am. The housekeeping cart was two doors down from our room. We returned about 2:30 to an uncleaned room. My spouse's call to Housekeeping brought excuses and eventually a half-hearted offer to send someone up to clean. As we'd been out of the room for over four hours and returned in part because my spouse wasn't feeling well and wanted to take a nap, we declined, choosing instead to tidy up ourselves. A couple of other points you may want to consider. First: parking. Only valet parking at $23/day is available. Otherwise you'll be running out every few hours to feed a meter or parking who knows how far away as I didn't see any other public parking garages nearby. They did reassure us that we could come and go as often as we wished with no extra charge, and honestly we had no need to given the marvelous food nearby. Another point--the bathroom fixtures are lovely, but if you have visions of soaking in a tub, save it for the pool. The room we were in featured a very nice walk-in shower but no tub. There are a nice pool and a small hot tub on the second floor if you must immerse.

• Stayed April 2014
MAYSVILLE, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We enjoyed the location overall. Right next door the North Market and all shopping/entertainment within walking distance. The staff are friendly but slow to react to problems and not very empathetic. My problems with the staff were specific and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Basically, not that big of a deal in comparison to all of the great aspects of my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business