“One night stay over.......”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus West
Ranked #44 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
V
“One night stay over.......”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

While on the road across country we spent our first night at this hotel. The stay was fine with the exception of the desk cleark who was in a little over her head. The cookies were good, the bed was fine and the breakfast hit the spot.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this property for sweetest day weekend and check in friday night was smooth and didn't seem to be too busy. On saturday night we arrived back at about midnight and could only find one parking spot clear at the end of the hotel parking lot. When we checked out the next morning we got to the car to find a busted out passenger window and the car was destroyed with papers and glovebox emptied but nothing was taken. Hotel wouldn't comp us an nights or even do anything about the busted window because its private property. Needless to say we will not be staying here again or near this side of the city.

Room Tip: We did get to see what a Whirlpool Suite looked like and would definately choose that room next time...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester MI
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I come to Colmbus every year for Ohio Cup Vintage Base Ball. I had been staying at a different Country Inn, but it had gotten too poorly run. I wanted to stay at another, so I picked this one. I used some Carlson points (which I HIGHLY recommend), and got a room for $59 a night. The staff was great, the room was nice, and the bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, with 3 hot dishes both mornings. I will come back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The staff was very nice. The hotel was clean. It seemed kind of old and they were doing construction right outside my window. I went to my room and started changing and noticed a lady looking at me inside my window from the awning. They had a good breakfast and one night had pizza for dinner. The bed was horrible, that's the main reason I didnt care for the place. The entire three days I was in town, I didn't get a wink of sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This was my second stay at this facility. I had doubts, but immediately upon entering the lobby, I noticed that everything was cleaner. The carpet on the stairs had finally been shampooed, and there wasn't dust all over everything. The pool wasn't working, and had started turning green. The overwhelming smell of chlorine made it impossible to stay in the pool area.On my second stay, this problem had been corrected, and the pool was actually useable. I then found out that the hotel had changed ownership, and management. If this is the trend, I will continue staying at this hotel. Kudos to the new owners and manager.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
LA
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Nice clean Hotel even seen.
Very good Breakfast.
We try this hotel in July 1st and stayed for 2 nights we loved the stay.
Kids enjoyed the Indoor Pool
We will stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Bad place to stay new owners do not know what they are doing

• Stayed June 2011