“Terrible doesn't even begin to describe it....”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbus West, OH
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We chose to stay here after reading on the website that they provided you with passes to the local gym and also because they offered a discount of 20% if you paid in full up front (online). Unfortunately for us, that 20% discount prevented us from leaving and going to another hotel as it also meant it was non-refundable. This place was a total dive. They no longer give you passes to the gym. The free breakfast was a joke. We walked in to eat and after one minute left and went out to breakfast. The options were hard-boiled eggs, cereal, make your own waffles and that about covered it. On the way, I did grab a coffee only to discern it apparently had been made the day before and was warm, at best. I even made a comment about the coffee being cold to another patron who was about to get a cup and the front desk clerk laughed it off and articulated that the coffee in that location was their "cold" coffee. It was awesome that all the employees smoked directly outside the front door as well. Nothing like having a smoke free hotel but having to walk through a cloud of it to enter the establishment. If I was forced to say one nice thing about this place it would be that their so-called gym did have a treadmill, a bike, an elliptical as well as a universal weight machine. However, the room itself was so small there was only room for two people. As my girlfriend and I worked out everyone who started walking in to join us turned around and walked back out because it was so small. Do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE but this place. The Drury on the other side of the city is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2011

While on the road across country we spent our first night at this hotel. The stay was fine with the exception of the desk cleark who was in a little over her head. The cookies were good, the bed was fine and the breakfast hit the spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this property for sweetest day weekend and check in friday night was smooth and didn't seem to be too busy. On saturday night we arrived back at about midnight and could only find one parking spot clear at the end of the hotel parking lot. When we checked out the next morning we got to the car to find a busted out passenger window and the car was destroyed with papers and glovebox emptied but nothing was taken. Hotel wouldn't comp us an nights or even do anything about the busted window because its private property. Needless to say we will not be staying here again or near this side of the city.

Room Tip: We did get to see what a Whirlpool Suite looked like and would definately choose that room next time...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M O
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I come to Colmbus every year for Ohio Cup Vintage Base Ball. I had been staying at a different Country Inn, but it had gotten too poorly run. I wanted to stay at another, so I picked this one. I used some Carlson points (which I HIGHLY recommend), and got a room for $59 a night. The staff was great, the room was nice, and the bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, with 3 hot dishes both mornings. I will come back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The staff was very nice. The hotel was clean. It seemed kind of old and they were doing construction right outside my window. I went to my room and started changing and noticed a lady looking at me inside my window from the awning. They had a good breakfast and one night had pizza for dinner. The bed was horrible, that's the main reason I didnt care for the place. The entire three days I was in town, I didn't get a wink of sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This was my second stay at this facility. I had doubts, but immediately upon entering the lobby, I noticed that everything was cleaner. The carpet on the stairs had finally been shampooed, and there wasn't dust all over everything. The pool wasn't working, and had started turning green. The overwhelming smell of chlorine made it impossible to stay in the pool area.On my second stay, this problem had been corrected, and the pool was actually useable. I then found out that the hotel had changed ownership, and management. If this is the trend, I will continue staying at this hotel. Kudos to the new owners and manager.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Nice clean Hotel even seen.
Very good Breakfast.
We try this hotel in July 1st and stayed for 2 nights we loved the stay.
Kids enjoyed the Indoor Pool