Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel is newer, clean and seems pretty decent. But we were initially checked in to a room that already had people in it. Boy were those folks surprised when we walked in!

Once we were actually checked in to an unoccupied room, we had problems with the front desk not answering the phone. Additionally, this is, without doubt, the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. And by that I mean you can hear normal conversations from adjacent rooms, and all footfalls from the hallway and room above.

After I posted a review of this stay on Priceline, Michael Dunne (front office manager) contacted me personally to address my concerns. He went on to offer me a complimentary night's stay at the hotel to make up for what was, overall, a disappointing experience.

I responded to Mr. Dunne's e-mail and accepted his offer of a free stay. I found it very impressive that management went out of its way to address a customer complaint and earn my loyalty as a customer.

But, sadly, Mr. Dunne hasn't responded since or followed through at all. I obviously won't be returning to this hotel any time soon.

Room Tip: First floor was very noisy with sound from above and adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BreadHeadBistro
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

First, I would like to thank you for the candid feedback about your stay. I appreciate you selecting our hotel and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations. I am sorry about the error with the check in process and the attentiveness of the staff. We will definitely review these procedures. We strive to provide our guests with excellent service and we will do everything possible to ensure that these issues do not reoccur. I will also follow up with Mike and see that your certificate is promptly sent out. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your information which will help us improve our service level.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My father was going on vacation with my sister. I was meeting my sister in Columbus for her to take him from there for a family vacation. First off, I goofed. I told the Shuttle at the airport that we were staying at the Airport location. We got to the Country Inn and Suite on the Airport Road and they could not find our reservation. The woman at the desk was wonderful. We worked together to find out where I made my mistake. It ended up I booked my room via Southwest Airlines and that was why my search was not pulling up, it was buried inside my reservation. The room was paid in advanced and could not be changed.. My sisters room was booked but not paid for. We moved her to the East location and Dad and I were shuttled over to the East Country Inn. The rooms were clean and we were upgraded to a room with double beds. The pool was great for laps. We ate next door at the Wings and Things Bar which also was good. The breakfast was the same in most places. The waitstaff had difficulty keeping up with the crowd of teenagers. I was glad we were upgraded since we had a door separating our bedroom from the sitting area. The kids in the hall were very very loud, and we could close the door to sleep.

Room Tip: Don't take the hall with the pool. The kids talking and yelling comes right into the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking time to give us feedback during your recent stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your upgrade and the pool area. On behalf of our entire staff at the Country Inn & Suites Columbus East Airport we would like to thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had 14 rooms from Virginia at this CIS for two nights in July 2013 attending the Ohio State Fair. Clean rooms and pleasant employees made for a enjoyable stay. All of our group were satisfied with everything. We had no complaints. Group and family friendly property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback about the Country Inn & Suites. We are so glad your group enjoyed their stay and the Ohio State Fair. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Kimberly Black

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The purpose of our trip was based on someone having surgery at The Eye Center so it was a matter of convenience. Our check-in process was super simple and the clerk at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She told us everyone we needed to know from breakfast, fitness center, and pool hours to nearby restaurants. She also told me several times to let her know if we needed anything and several hours later she called the room to check on us! We had a basic room with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious as was the bathroom and all of it was clean. There were extra pillows in the room so that was nice too. The fitness center was very clean and each piece of cardio equipment has its own tv. There is also a water cooler in there. The pool area is extremely nice. It is a large area so that it is not so stuffy and surrounded by windows so that it is bright. The pool is fairly large and not your ordinary rectangular shaped pool. I would say it is more kidney shaped, starting at 3 feet 6 inches and going to 5 feet. The hot tub is the largest I've ever seen in a hotel and has strong jets. There are lifts at both the pool and hot tub to accommodate handicapped people. By the time I got up in the morning the receipt for my bill had already been slid under my door and I was able to check out by phone. The free breakfast buffet is also nice and featured a wide variety of foods. I stayed Tuesday to Wednesday and the buffet went until 9:30. The location is also great. There are many restaurants nearby including Bob Evans, Chipotle, Subway, Tumbleweed, McDonalds, and many others. There is also a 24 hour Kroger with a 24 hour pharmacy nearby. We specifically requested a first floor room because of the person having surgery and the staff was very accommodating to that. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121 which was a basic, non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and it was right in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thanks so much for writing such a great review on the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East. I'm so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us at the Country Inn. We value the feedback we received from our travelers and use this to identify our strengths and weaknesses. I will make sure to share your comments with everyone. We look forward to your return!

Kimberly Black

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Relaxing! Great location for a stop on our way south. The check-in was so easy. The gentleman was extremely pleasant! We loved the pool area. So relaxing! Our room was perfect and quiet. The best part of breakfast was the REAL plates and utensils! Food was great, too. I will add this to my list of hotels to return for a stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jbeehive

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are delighted to hear that your stay was so relaxing it felt like a home away from home. I just wanted to let you know that Country Inn & Suites does offer a repeat guest program, the Carlson Club, we encourage you to participate seeing as you are adding us to your list of hotels. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Our Family stayed one night June 24 and had a wonderful experience. Enjoyed the classical music in the lobby.The check in went very smoothly and we were given a room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa which is great when you have two teens. The beds and pillows were perfect for us. Very clean room. They even had santitizing wipes by phones and remotes. Though we didn't swim the pool area looked very nice. There were no lack of choices at breakfast, the normal cereals, toast and danishes along with eggs complete with omelet toppings, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravey, yogurt and oatmeal that included fresh blueberries and strawberries. Also the hotel is in a nice area with lots of food and shopping choices nearby. Nice porch area at the lobby entrance. The only negative was a slight smell of some mold near the hotel elevator.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites I would like to thank you for your kind words and let you know that I will relay them to the staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Desk clerk was pleasent & helpful. Room was clean. Beds were not excessively hard, they had a slight softness to them. Complimentary coffee/tea available in the lobby. Breakfast was good. It was a standard eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles assorted breads & baked goods, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal, & orange/apple/cranberry juices as well as coffee/tea/milk. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2013
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. We work hard every day to make sure that all of our guest leave satisfied. I appreciate your positve comments on the staff as well and will definitely pass them along. Thank you again for taking your time to fill out the survey. We greatly value your comments and we use the feedback not only to help us continue to strive for excellence but to also give us the extra push when we hit hurdles.