“Meticulously maintained and close to everything”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Ranked #33 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Meticulously maintained and close to everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This property is situated just east of I-270, near Mt. Carmel East Hospital. There are many good dining spots within 5 minutes, as well as being 10 minutes from the airport and golfing. The property was impeccable when I stayed and I would rate it a 10 out of 10 in every category.

Room Tip: The view from any room is the same--basically a light commercial area with shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We are very proud of our hotel and work hard to keep it up to the standards that our guest expect and deserve. We hope you were able to get in a round of golf before you left as October can be very tricking weather in Ohio. Thank you for your time and completing our review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here because of its proximity to needed medical procedures for my elderly mother. I had called several hotels in area for a late check-out and none would agree to same. Late check out was no problem and even had it extended due to my mother's extenuating circumstances. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. When reservations made, a special hospital rate was offered without me requesting one. The room was immaculate. Breakfast was staged well, with nice selection of foods and good coffee. As a B&B owner, I was amazed at the service and cleanliness. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. The team works very hard to try and accomodate everyones needs especially our guest that are visiting the hospital. As we understand you many have enough on your mind. The last thing you need is to worry about your room. We also would like to Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and what that meant to you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for a soccer weekend in early October. Not only was the room not cleaned, after I returned home I discovered several articles of clothing belong to myself and my son missing. We travel extensively and this is the first time this has ever happened. The staff also could not keep up with the continental breakfast. Long waits to refill coffee and food items. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ddfinn
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay and missing items further , please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We arrived and the lobby was beautiful, cookies at the front desk. A very friendly and helpful staff were able to get our entire group in their rooms in less than ten munities. The rooms were nice and clean as was the bathrooms. The beds are great. No one in our entire group had any complaints. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tim L
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about the Country Inn & Suites. We are so glad your entire group enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Rochester MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I like to stay at Country Inns. This one was pretty good and the front desk person was exceptional. The room was pretty nice. The pool looked nice, but the hot tub was not working. The breakfast? Not so good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anvil1
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments regarding our facility. I am very sorry about the maintenance issues you endured during your stay here. Our maintenance department has been notified of the hot tub not working and have already resolved the problem. We take great pride in the work that we put into our facility and apologize that our property did not meet your standards during your last visit. I have documented your concerns about the whirlpool maintenance/breakfast and forwarded them to the appropriate departments for their review and evaluation. If you have any further comments or concerns, feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you once again for staying with us.
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Was here on business. The shuttle service was great, as well was the continental breakfast. This appears to be a quite cozy chain of Cracker Barrel-like hotels, and I'm pleased with that. Staff was warm and friendly, and though the fire alarm went off because a member of staff burned their toast, the stay was quite enjoyable. Would most definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East. We are happy to hear that you were not only please with our hotel but the Brand Image. We thank you for your business and hope that you find time to enjoy other Carlson Hotels on your travels. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbus.
Dover, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The hotel is newer, clean and seems pretty decent. But we were initially checked in to a room that already had people in it. Boy were those folks surprised when we walked in!

Once we were actually checked in to an unoccupied room, we had problems with the front desk not answering the phone. Additionally, this is, without doubt, the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. And by that I mean you can hear normal conversations from adjacent rooms, and all footfalls from the hallway and room above.

After I posted a review of this stay on Priceline, Michael Dunne (front office manager) contacted me personally to address my concerns. He went on to offer me a complimentary night's stay at the hotel to make up for what was, overall, a disappointing experience.

I responded to Mr. Dunne's e-mail and accepted his offer of a free stay. I found it very impressive that management went out of its way to address a customer complaint and earn my loyalty as a customer.

But, sadly, Mr. Dunne hasn't responded since or followed through at all. I obviously won't be returning to this hotel any time soon.

Room Tip: First floor was very noisy with sound from above and adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BreadHeadBakery
First, I would like to thank you for the candid feedback about your stay. I appreciate you selecting our hotel and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations. I am sorry about the error with the check in process and the attentiveness of the staff. We will definitely review these procedures. We strive to provide our guests with excellent service and we will do everything possible to ensure that these issues do not reoccur. I will also follow up with Mike and see that your certificate is promptly sent out. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your information which will help us improve our service level.