“Delightful property, wonderful stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Such a delightful property and comfortable stay. My group was more than pleased with the beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast was excellent and the check-in was as smooth as any group check in I have ever had. Everything was ready for our stay when we arrived and the front desk personnel could not have been more helpful. If you really want a wonderful place to stay at a very reasonable price, you could not choose a better hotel. Ty Basken is super!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you will stay with us on your next visit. I will make sure Ty knows how much you appreciated working with her.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed in many (50+) hotels in many different locations but I've got to say this latest stay @ the Country Inn & Suites in Columbus OH has been the best hotel experience of my life!!!! Janice & Ty @ the front desk were excellent. They went over & above their normal duties to make sure that we enjoyed our stay with them. The room was spectacularly clean & neat. The pool & hot tub was perfect in size, temperature & atmosphere. The breakfast was amazing in variety & portions. If you went away hungry, it was your fault. All of our interactions with the staff were very pleasant. I will recommend this hotel to EVERYONE that I know and my boyfriend and I will stay here over & over again!!!! If you are looking for a great hotel experience..... I highly recommend Country Inn & Suites columbus airport EAST Ohio

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy S
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you Stacy for all of your wonderful comments.
I will pass your review along to Janice, Ty and the Housekeeping staff. It is always a boost when we get such great reviews back from our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed for a sporting event and though the hotel was full of kids / teens it remained fairly quiet inside the rooms. The breakfast is standard fare but generous, the rooms clean and the pool decently large and heated. The front desk was not well staffed in the early hours of the weekend, with the sole person doing double-duty in the kitchen and desk on the weekend, and he was not very helpful, but the rest of the staff made up for this hiccup.

Room Tip: When sports teams are staying, choose a room at the end of a hall, but away from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oc3anz
Kblack01, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of getting more help in the breakfast area. I do hope to see you again for a fourth year. Again thank you for your review it does help us to make things better for the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just an overnight stay. The hotel was clean, the staff at the front desk was welcoming and even upgraded us to a whirlpool room. We would definately stay here again. The breakfast room was clean and well stocked. Loved it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you so much for your five star review. I am pleased you had such a great stay, and hope to see you again soon. Your review helps us to know our hard work has paid off.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at this Country Inn and Suites many times. I can always count on a great stay!!!
I have traveled to the area to visit our child's college. I was there right after Thanksgiving after driving from SC to Raleigh, NC to Cleveland to Columbus, OH...I checked in and was surprised with a room upgrade! I was ready to relax in my room and have a comfortable sleep...and that is what I got!!!
I can rely on a Great Stay at this Country Inn and Suites!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

It is always great to hear positive feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed you stay and had safe travels over the holiday. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Country Inn Airport East with our kids. We were put into king bed room and when we had our kids stay with us the second night, we were told they couldn't put cots in our room. Since there were rooms available, we were upgraded to a larger room (King Bed with a sleeper sofa). In terms of the facility, it is WELL maintained and the rooms are very clean. I've stayed in nice hotels (stayed in the Waldorf earlier this year) and feel this place is just as nice without all the fancy. Great place for families and for us a great location!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is nice to know that our service can be compared to the Waldorf! The team works very hard to try and meet everyones expectations and it is comments like yours that motivate and keep us focused on the details. Thank you and hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This property is situated just east of I-270, near Mt. Carmel East Hospital. There are many good dining spots within 5 minutes, as well as being 10 minutes from the airport and golfing. The property was impeccable when I stayed and I would rate it a 10 out of 10 in every category.

Room Tip: The view from any room is the same--basically a light commercial area with shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We are very proud of our hotel and work hard to keep it up to the standards that our guest expect and deserve. We hope you were able to get in a round of golf before you left as October can be very tricking weather in Ohio. Thank you for your time and completing our review.