“Front Desk Staff Needs Work” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Ranked #34 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Front Desk Staff Needs Work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I reserved a smoking room but upon entering the room and finding no ashtray, I called the front desk and learned that there were no smoking rooms available (apparently reservations mean nothing) when I complained the miserly and "oh so put out" front desk clerk promised I would be moved the next morning - it is now two days later and I still; haven't been moved. The second day, the room was not cleaned, not even fresh towels. Most of the staff was quite friendly and competent, the one big exception was the sweet looking overly sweet front desk clerk who lied to my face with a smile and false apology at every turn. That may explain why the rest of the staff was so friendly, none of them wanted to be the brindt of the front desk clerk's incompetence and lies.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $15 bucks, the savings are not worth the trouble of not getting what you ask for and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service when checking into the correct room type. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mt Vernon ,NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Sorry for the late review, I had family matters that I had to tend to. I was at this hotel for a church conference. I was there from June 25-June 28, 2014. Due to some airline issues. I arrived at the hotel later than I had anticipated. I was suppose to get there by 8:30pm but did not arrive until 10:40pm. I knew that after 11:00pm shuttle service was no longer provided but I made it in the nick of time. I called and they have a partnership with Orange Taxi Company. They came picked me up and brought me to the hotel and the staff was courteous and very nice. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was fine- cereal, fruit, bagels, waffles, eggs, oatmeal,etc.. Coffee is provided through out the day along with chocolate chip and sugar cookies. The gym was adequate 2 treadmils, a bike, an eliptical, and weights. I didnt go swimming but the pool looked fine. I was not able to use the shuttle service on the return because I had to leave at 5:30 am to go to the airport so that was about $22 taxi trip. The hotel called the taxi the night before and they came on time. If I am ever in the Columbus area I would definetly return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of our many amenities. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay and hope that you had a chance to become a “Club Carlson Member".
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is not worth the money you save. I called first to make sure they had a shuttle to the airport, they said they did... but come to find out.. their shuttle is intermittent at best. They don't run before 7 am and they run till 11pm BUT when I came in at 5 PM and asked for a shuttle they said "sorry... we aren't shuttling until 6 or maybe 6:30!"
The night I came in it was really late, my rooms ac didn't really seem to be working... but I just went with it.... then I came home from a long day at work to find the AC not working AT ALL. I had to pack all my stuff and move rooms and no one said sorry or anything... GRRR. Spend the 15-20 dollars and get a better hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel and sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry about the confusion with the shuttle hours and that the front desk staff was not more helpful or apologetic in this situation. We strive to provide our guests with not only a clean and comfortable stay but exceptional service as well. So please accept my apology on behalf of the staff at Country Inn & Suites. If you would like to further discuss your experience please feel free to contact me at your convenience. We hope that you would give us a second chance next time you are in the Columbus area to prove that the level of service your received was not the norm. Once again thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel saved our lives. When going down to Ohio from Toronto for a conference, the person in charge of securing us a hotel never did. We managed to make reservations for this hotel around 3pm THE DAY we were supposed to arrive. We got there just before 2am.
The staff were amazing. The woman working the desk when I arrived was extremely welcoming and friendly when we got there, which was appreciated after a 9 hour drive in the rain. The next morning another staff member printed my paper for me when I left my copy in Canada!
Life savers, a class act, and I never slept as well in a hotel before.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for writing such a great review on the Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport East. I'm so thrilled to hear that we were able to find you a room and help with your paper work. I will definitely let the staff know how their service impacted your experience. I hope while you were here you were able to find a few hours to relax and enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Columbus area.
Whitwell, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Such a delightful property and comfortable stay. My group was more than pleased with the beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast was excellent and the check-in was as smooth as any group check in I have ever had. Everything was ready for our stay when we arrived and the front desk personnel could not have been more helpful. If you really want a wonderful place to stay at a very reasonable price, you could not choose a better hotel. Ty Basken is super!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you will stay with us on your next visit. I will make sure Ty knows how much you appreciated working with her.
Shreve, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed in many (50+) hotels in many different locations but I've got to say this latest stay @ the Country Inn & Suites in Columbus OH has been the best hotel experience of my life!!!! Janice & Ty @ the front desk were excellent. They went over & above their normal duties to make sure that we enjoyed our stay with them. The room was spectacularly clean & neat. The pool & hot tub was perfect in size, temperature & atmosphere. The breakfast was amazing in variety & portions. If you went away hungry, it was your fault. All of our interactions with the staff were very pleasant. I will recommend this hotel to EVERYONE that I know and my boyfriend and I will stay here over & over again!!!! If you are looking for a great hotel experience..... I highly recommend Country Inn & Suites columbus airport EAST Ohio

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
Kblack01, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you Stacy for all of your wonderful comments.
I will pass your review along to Janice, Ty and the Housekeeping staff. It is always a boost when we get such great reviews back from our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed for a sporting event and though the hotel was full of kids / teens it remained fairly quiet inside the rooms. The breakfast is standard fare but generous, the rooms clean and the pool decently large and heated. The front desk was not well staffed in the early hours of the weekend, with the sole person doing double-duty in the kitchen and desk on the weekend, and he was not very helpful, but the rest of the staff made up for this hiccup.

Room Tip: When sports teams are staying, choose a room at the end of a hall, but away from the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank oc3anz
Kblack01, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of getting more help in the breakfast area. I do hope to see you again for a fourth year. Again thank you for your review it does help us to make things better for the future.