“Great location and service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport
Ranked #64 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I had to make quick reservations for an out of town funeral. The price was great, the location was great! If I had one complaint, it was that housekeeping did not come until late in the afternoon. We had no complaints about noise, cleanliness, etc. The hot breakfast is very typical. I just wish these hotels would offer bigger coffee cups to take back to your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor.com! I am sorry to hear about your loss, and i hope that we as a team were able to make you feel comfortable during a hard time. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you found the hotel clean and quiet. I apologize about housekeeping getting to your room later in the day. We try to ensure that stayover rooms are taken care of promptly. Thank you for the tip on bigger coffee cups; we will begin looking into bigger to go size cups. We hope to see you again the next time you are in central Ohio.

Country Inn and Suites Columbus-Airport

Reviewed 25 September 2013

2 of us stayed here for the US v. Mexico World Cup Qualifier match in September. My brother was flying out of Columbus the next morning so this is why we chose this hotel, value and location. There is a group of about 4 hotels right by the airport, and then another group here by the Country Inn of about 5 hotels about 5 minutes from the airport. This was the most reasonably priced place offering free breakfast in the morning. Check-in was easy, the entrance and lobby are very nice, with free cookies, tea, and coffee for hotel guests. There is also a fireplace, seating, and reading material for any downtime. The room itself was not the most modern of decor, but it was sufficient for our needs, and was clean. Breakfast was free, and it was fine. Proximity to the city and Crew stadium was good, maybe 15 minutes by car/taxi. I would choose this hotel again for a short stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear iTravel11,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you enjoyed the game as well. I am glad that you enjoyed the option of tea, coffee, and cookies available in the lobby. This seems to be a favorite of our guests. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest Breakfast. We are fortunate to be in an area that is close to everything that Columbus has to offer. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations, and we thank you for choosing Country Inn and Suites and the Carlson Brand. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Columbus, Ohio!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus-Airport

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed one night between a Crew game and a zoo trip. Great location for both, good rate and most importantly, quiet and clean. Too late for the chocolate cookies, I guess, but the breakfast was good for all three of us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 5Kenners
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear 5Kenners,
Thank you for taking a moment and reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that we met your expectations with the quietness and cleanliness of our rooms. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the Zoo and the Columbus Crew Game, and that our property was in a good location for you to have easy access to both activities. We hope you will visit us again the next time you come to Columbus for a fun weekend get-away!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus- Airport

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is a quiet, nice hotel and very close to the airport, made in under 5 minutes. The woman who check me in was amazing pleasant I forgot her name, but she had brownish hair. The rest of the check in staff was ok and helpful. The room needs updated carpeting, but otherwise very cozy. The pool was a little cold for an indoor pool, which is rare. I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast, not that I was expecting a cooked to order. But while I like chicken with biscuits and gravy, it is more of a Sunday Breakfast, than during the week. The egg patties were nothing special, but the waffle maker was nice. Good Experience, would stay again for the right price. More like 3.5 stars

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joe w
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Joe W.,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you were able to find and make it to the airport quickly. I am also pleased that my staff took such good care of you during your stay. In regards to breakfast, we are constantly rotating our menu. We hope that you will stop in and visit us again, and see what's new on the menu at our Be Our Guest Breakfast.

Assistant General Manager
Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I ended up at this hotel because of a problem with another Country Inn & Suites in Columbus. I really appreciated the company's willingness to work with me. A small gesture but it means I'll continue to stay there when I can. NOTE: I didn't stay at the other one but had so much trouble with their front desk before I got there, I had to call the 1-800 number. This hotel had a friendly staff and it was well maintained. Pretty quiet even with girls softball teams everywhere. Next door to McDonald's and near Wendy's but you will have to drive for other food choices. For the first time I've experienced at a CI&S, they ran out of food (eggs and pancake mix) at breakfast and we had to wait but it was probably timing--I think the softball teams cleared them out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynnWVA
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear LynnWVA,
I am glad to hear that we made an impression and that you will continue staying at Country Inns and Suites! That is terrific loyalty! I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for more eggs and pancake mix. it can get a little tricky when we have teams in. Like you said... they can clear the breakfast out pretty quickly. Our breakfast team does a great job of keeping up with the demand and ensuring that the guests are being cared for. I am thrilled that our team members were accommodating to you and your family. I hope that we will have a chance to visit with you again the next time you visit the Columbus Airport area. Have a great day!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel while visiting my son. It is close to the airport and there were several girls softball teams staying there for a tournament. That being said, it was quiet and peaceful at night. The room was spotless and up to date. The staff was very courteous.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Chuck1958

Dear Chuck1958,
I am thrilled to hear that even though we had a few large teams in, it was quiet and you were able to enjoy your stay. We hold our housekeepers to a very high standard when cleaning the rooms, and I am happy to hear that they did not disappoint. We like to keep the hotel looking new and clean, and we are fortunate to have such a great housekeeping and maintenance team that are willing to go the extra step to maintain the hotel. We pride ourselves on having a terrific staff that wants to ensure the guest stay is unforgettable. We look forward to visiting you the next time you visit Columbus, Ohio!

Assistant General Manager
Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

While there was nothing significant to complain about during my recent stay here, the property certainly didn't stand out from the crowd. (Maybe that's all you're looking for.)

The staff could have been more diligent about "policing the area" of trash (inside and out), but the rooms were comfortable, the staff generally friendly and the breakfast adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SidMonge

Dear Al D,
Thank you for taking time to review Cuntry Inn and Suites Columbus-Airport on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I have talked with my staff about making sure that they diligently check for trash in the public areas. The public areas are the first areas that guests see, and we need to ensure that they are taken care of. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made your stay more enjoyable with our friendly hospitality. We are constantly rotating the menu for our Be Our Guest Breakfast, and I hope that you will return to visit us and see what's new! Thank you again, and have a great day!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport