“Just Another Dump”

Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just Another Dump”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I start all my reviews by saying I have no choice where I stay, my company makes the decision.

I like to start all my reviews (just lately) with something positive about the places I stay. This hotel is just off a main road and there are several fast food restaurants, a large strip mall, and a Wal-Mart in walking distance. That's the only thing I can say positive about this place.

I've stayed at this place on a handful of occasions, the folks at the front desk can be hit or miss.
This last stay I encountered a woman at the front desk that was completely indifferent to me, not unfriendly; just indifferent. Personality of a cold fish, but then who am I to insult a cold fish.

I get into the room and I immediately see a filthy foam earplug on the microwave. Then I see bar code stickers (the type you see on fruit in the grocery store) on the top of the fridge.
This tells me that there is no attention to detail by the housekeeping staff to clean the rooms.

The faucet in the bathtub was leaking water badly.

I would suggest that you spent a few extra bucks and stay at a better place.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, find a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Bed felt very cheap and was very uncomfortable...if you have a bad back I would not stay here...my back was hurting a lot after my stay there...the continental breakfast didn't include bread/toast...no fruit...cheap donuts...had pee droppings on the bathroom floor...worst hotel experience ever...hotel is near major highway...you will hear a lot of noise...a lot of truckers stay here...you heard trucks starting all hours of the night...hotel looked like it was less than half full on a Saturday night....where nearby hotels were sold out....which says a lot right there...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelbusiness248
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here for one night during a long drive. The room was clean and quiet. Quite a few other restaurants in this area. The $4.99 buffet at Cici's Pizza nearby was hard to beat. A very good choice to rest along the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank qpwo
bvicolwest, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Columbus/West, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thanks a lot for sharing your comments with other travelers. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Pool closed, room was dirty, carpet was filthy. I tried to get new pillows because of the stains but they brought worse pillows. First motel I have ever had to cover the toilet seat with paper. C Breakfast was a joke. I can't beleive ABVI would allow this motel in their chain. Apparently ABVI has no quality control.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JJS H
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed over in Columbus at exit 91 on our way back home from Erie. We had 2 rooms and both were pretty clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds and pillows were very comfy, slept good.

Room Tip: Comfy beds and quiet place
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
bvicolwest, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Columbus/West, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Check-in okay but room was awful. Dirty sheets. Black spots may have been just stains but pet hair on sheets. Got new sheets to change beds but didn't bother once we saw how much hair was on the mateess pads. Other hotels booked or out if our price range so we asked for another room. Second room was better but still kind of grossed out because of evidence in lack of cleanlines: 1) smelly jeans left in drawer 2) animal fees right outside door 3 days. 3) water bottle left by dresser. Bathroom/sink area "okay". I also don't like how they used shopping carts that sat out overnight to bring sheets around, not so sanitary.

They did offer breakfast but didn't eat just because I don't know how food was handled.

One amenity I liked was the wi-fi but don't forget a razor or deodorant because you'll be making a trip to the gas station.

As for staff, no one was rude to us. The front desk gal was actually pretty friendly. :-)

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank hvcol323
We are very sorry to hear about the issues during your stay. We would like you to know that we have addressed these concerns with our staff so we can avoid them in the future. Again, we apologize and hope you will give us another chance when you are back in the area.
Poughquag, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and the service was excellent. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. It's located at a very quite corner of a very resourceful area. There are tons of restaurants near by and plenty of stores. There is also a movie theater within walking distance if you get bored. Whenever I go back to Columbus I would definitely choose to stay at the America's BEST VALUE Inn!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family