“Business Trip May 5th, 2014”
Review of Varsity Inn

Varsity Inn
Ranked #108 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before but will not do so again. The room was not clean, the toilet was not anchored to the floor very well, the towel holders were broken and the air conditioner made such a racket all night I could not sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, there are plenty more in tghe area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mlb52060

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I can't say enough about how thankful we are for Varsity Inn South! Being able to stay in a clean, safe place while our son is in the hospital means so much! Thanks to each and every person who helped make this possible. You're the best!

Room Tip: All rooms we have had so far are equally good. We chose no smoking, ground level rooms. The rooms ar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The staff behind the desk were extremely rude; they accused my confirmation email/"proof of booking" paper, of being fake, gave me a receipt for a random amount, which was more than my email/booking confirmation said I owed. They also argued that the room I booked was unavailable, meanwhile I booked it a month in advance over the telephone (I booked through the hotel directly, not a secondary source such as hotels.com/tripadvisor.com). The room I ended up with was disgusting and dirty, neighbors were banging on the wall, beds were disgusting and overall, the room was filthy. I will never recommend this hotel to anybody; I was completely dissatisfied and appalled by the horrible service.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lyndsietyler
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Varsity Inn North and South is so wonderful to help people traveling into Columbus for cancer treatments and appointments. Nice staff! Wonderful service!It is so nice to know that there are places out there willing to help people make their journey a little more comfortable. Thank you Varsity Inn for your generousity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Louise E
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Everything worked great in the room. Fast internet; cable television channels. Beside Bob Evans. Staff was exceptional and professional. The parking was easy and close to the room. And when I arrived to the room was greeted with a warm room as the heat had been turned on in plenty of time to heat the room. Nice. Check In and Check Out were quick and easy.

Room Tip: Went for Very Good for location with regard to the restaurant beside the hotel. It was actually an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have used Varsity Inn South for 7 years for our Holiday Accommodations for our Company Christmas Party. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Kyle was great! He setup all the rooms for us, I submitted a name list and when our guest arrived they were all set! The rooms were wonderful! They were very clean and welcoming. The beds are very comfortable. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Jeffrey Lockshaw made this experience for my husband's surgery at OSU a much more pleasant one. Thanks to Jeff, we wll always stay at Varsity Inn when we are in Columbus. He was incredibly kind and helped us escape a bill double what we paid after online poor advice and stay in these clean, comfortable accommodations with less sress.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean with luxurious bedding but not real roomy for a long stay. No breakfast, but always...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple