“Not as bad or good as advertised”

Americas Best Value Inn - Columbus / North
Ranked #123 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was not a 5 star resort, but it served its purpose. The hotel seemed to be going through an upgrade and we stayed in the non renovated section. The room had a stale smoke smell that you tend to get in places that "do not" allow smoking in rooms, but never penalize patrons who do. The bathroom was clean and everything worked as it should. The refrigerator needed to be upgraded.
For a guy, the television not having ESPN was difficult to deal with.
The manager gave me the Wi-Fi password, I never logged on.
Would not recommend unless you understand that this is not a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
abvinorth, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Columbus / North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments and we are glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. We certainly apologize for the lack of ESPN, we had a satellite issue that effected a handful of stations and unfortunately one was ESPN. We are going through an upgrade and are glad you noticed. The smoke smell in some of the old rooms should be addressed with this. Thanks again and hope to see you back here in the future.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Columbus / North

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Definitely NOT AMERICA'S best. One word "nasty". It would be worth the money to go elsewhere. The "pool" was to be open in season, but I don't think it has been open in years. There were what looked to be hookers hanging outside. Not a good place at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We are very sorry that you were not happy with your stay here. And we apologize that the pool was not opened. We did not advertise the pool being opened this year and we are sorry there was a miscommunication. We do not have hookers hanging around our property, we are not that type of an establishment. We are making many nice improvements to our property and will continue to increase our quality and services.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Online ad states this place has a pool. LIE!!!
Online ad states there is a continental breakfast included. LIE!!!
Free wi-fi. LIE!!!
Do not stay at this motel unless you want to pay for a bunch of lies!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room was not clean. The walls were riddled with holes and scratches. Bedding was stained and had cigerette hole burns on them. Bedding was not changed any of the 4 nights that I stayed. The floor in the bathroom was coming up. 9 channels on the TV & only 3 of them were watchable. Parking lot was snow/ice covered. Encountered bed bugs on the last morning. Nasty room for a cheap rate.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I booked online, sight unseen, for a concert at the nearby Alrosa Villa. First impression, very few cars in the parking lot and overgrown weeds everywhere, even in the cracks of the pavement. Upon checking in at 5:15, I was told my room hadn't yet been cleaned. Check-in time is supposed to be 3:00. What happened there? The guy at the front desk was filthy and he took 10 minutes to check each guest in on his 1985 Apple IIe computer. I was given a different room. There were multiple cigarette burns in both comforters and the room reeked of smoke. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The baseboard was peeling off and the pillows smelled like bad perfume. The toilet paper holder in the bathroom was falling off and the outlet for the lamp was defective. The TV remote was missing the battery cover and the TV got 2 channels, both of which were too fuzzy to watch. After sitting there for 1 hour and itching all over, I turned in my key and told the dirtbag owner that the place was a dump. He acted totally surprised. While I was in my car waiting for Expedia to get a full refund, I noticed prostitution activity in broad daylight. There were also sveral scuzzy people hanging around the lobby for no reason. I ended up getting a full refund, which was nice. If it hadn't been for the itching and fear of bedbugs, I probably would have stayed, because I generally enjoy watching meth addicts go about their business. If you're going to the Alrosa, spend an extra $20 and get a room where you feel comfortable. These people should be euthanized.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was in town in business an the location suited my business itinerary for the night.

Upon checking in, I was greeted but a grumpy man who can barely speak English.

The TV is satellite and you're lucky to get 5 out of 20 channels to come in. You don't get local channels.

There is mold in the windows, the bathtub is stained brown. The water isn't hot. There is no water pressure.

The beds are like cocoons. The springs are worn out so bad you have no choice but to sleep in the middle. You will wake up sore, that's if you get any sleep from the 20 trains that run through all night long.

I was only given a few hand towels and a wash cloth. You are not supplied with a blanket either. Only the bed cover.

You are surrounded by hookers and drug dealers.

Best of all...upon checking our, I found a few bed bugs. Needless to say I had to bag all of my things up and treat everything.

The only good thing? It is right across the street from the freeway. But honestly after this scary, dirty and horrible experience, I'll sleep in my car before ever checking into this roach motel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank photographesss
Reviewed 3 March 2013

we payed 77 bucks for a room that was disgusting it smelled like cheap perfume and body Oder and it had cockroaches and nasty sheets with holes in them and stains and 2 phone books holding the corner of the bed up the blankets smelled like pee and the sink in the room was broke and to top it off i left my wedding ring there by accident i called management 5 times they told me they was gonna talk to housekeeping they wasn't concerned with trying to fix the problem this hotel needs shut down cause so called management and so called housekeepers aren't doing there jobs

Room Tip: dont stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends